Promise61

Bruce wants to reunite the Sessions Band

Just to be clear, I would prefer previously unheard Bruce originals for a possible new Sessions band album!

15 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I love that record. Who knows, maybe he’ll do a tour with them backing the current album.

I thought that although we've not heard the rest of Western Stars yet.

Bruce could add or take away musicians from the Sessions band as it last stood.

11 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

That tour was the most fun I have seen Bruce have while playing on stage. 

Yeah, but do you want Bruce doing another tour where he might phone it in to please E Street diehards or tour on something that has great meaning and fun for him?  That's what I thought. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah, but do you want Bruce doing another tour where he might phone it in to please E Street diehards or tour on something that has great meaning and fun for him?  That's what I thought. 

How in the world do you know what has 'great meaning' and is 'fun' for Bruce?

I've seen Bruce and the E Streeters a couple dozen times and they looked like they were having a blast every time.

I'm also pretty sure Bruce 'phoning it in' hasn't happened all that much.

• Bruuuuce! 2

Just now, BillyB said:

How in the world do you know what has 'great meaning' and is 'fun' for Bruce?

I've seen Bruce and the E Streeters a couple dozen times and they looked like they were having a blast every time.

I'm also pretty sure Bruce 'phoning it in' hasn't happened all that much.

Did you see the TOL tour? Some stone faces at several shows then. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

LOL  Yup, I want to hear BTR phoned in one more time, who gives a damn what Bruce likes :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BirdManT said:

Did you see the TOL tour? Some stone faces at several shows then. :D

And yet the quality and intensity of the 88 shows were staggering.  Second best tour after Darkness for me.

7 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

LOL  Yup, I want to hear BTR phoned in one more time, who gives a damn what Bruce likes :D

Or Thunder Road.  I have never, ever seen Bruce come more alive than during Pay Me My Money Down at Wrigley, what a freakin' blast on his face and the whole damn stadium.   My beloved hybrid show, of course.  

• Bruuuuce! 1

On a similar not, just read (maybe it's been on here too) that Bruce said the New Orleans Jazz show will be coming out on video!

He said that show is in his top 5 performing experiences, how exciting to get his mammoth show on DVD when we already have LID.  

My City of Ruins from this show anyone?  My God.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Actually BTR is one of the songs I rarely look to listen to at home...but in my live Bruce viewing experience, that song still electrifies the audience and despite hearing it so much and the band playing it so much....the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when the lights go bright and Bruce blows away the room...again...and again and again. 

It's a perfect example of what Bruce does so incredibly well when he's standing in front of his real band. 

I'd just about give up my left nut to experience that feeling again. 

B)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Or Thunder Road.  I have never, ever seen Bruce come more alive than during Pay Me My Money Down at Wrigley, what a freakin' blast on his face and the whole damn stadium.   My beloved hybrid show, of course.  

I'd think about the left nut thing for BTR...but for a full band Thunder Road...no question.

It's a perfect song in so many ways....but played live with that band...I'd listen to that 100 times in a row to avoid Pay Me My Money Down...which I think is a fun little dittie, but really shouldn't be involved in any discussion that includes Thunder Road. 

IMO....which in this case is spot on. 

B)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

And to be clear...I never said Bruce shouldn't do what he likes...or that I don't care about whatever it is he likes.

I've said many many times here over the years that I know Bruce is gonna do whatever the heck he wants to do...as is his right.  My personal and admittedly selfish hope is that Bruce calls up the E Street Band, straps on his electric guitar and rocks it out at least one more time.

Again, my opinion...but the more time that passes with that not happening,  the less likely it is that it will. Especially if that passing time includes him doing more of the banjo band stuff.

• Like 2

I dream about seeing Bruce in a smaller, more intimate ambient, with other musicians, non the E Streeters. Or playing entirely solo.

So far, I haven't had the privilege. If it happens, the tickets will be almost impossible to get, or extremely expensive on the secondary markets. Which is the only thing I am actually worried about. 

I wasn't sure he would tour again, thought Broadway was the grand finale, but hearing HS, my intuition is telling me, he will be.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 5:01 AM, Tom-Joad said:

Absolutely! Get them touring behind an album of new material!

There is new material coming in June. Just maybe the two will come together. But the Sessions band would need to add about 10 violinist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyB said:

Actually BTR is one of the songs I rarely look to listen to at home...but in my live Bruce viewing experience, that song still electrifies the audience and despite hearing it so much and the band playing it so much....the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when the lights go bright and Bruce blows away the room...again...and again and again. 

It's a perfect example of what Bruce does so incredibly well when he's standing in front of his real band. 

I'd just about give up my left nut to experience that feeling again. 

B)

best moment of my life is being part of my first BTR in Moncton

its such a joyous community thing

i always think BTR is its own living breathing entity

and im never happier than to know its being played life in the moment somewhere in the world

one of the things i love SLV for

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

It's been awhile since I brought a MiamiMArk/Welby post back up from my archives.  

He posted a bunch of stuff about the 'Seeger Sessions' ....stuff I agreed with and cracked me up too. 

So....here's one from July of 2013...the last line of the post makes me laugh every time...lol

'My "issue" with Seeger Sessions is not that it is bad music. C’mon, these are all very talented musicians in their own right.
For me Springsteen is the guy that brought rock and roll back from its deathbed. If I want to listen to folk music or bluegrass or New Orleans Jazz, I go to the source, not some guy who is "imitating" it for his own pleasure. Had Bruce released his first and second albums as pure acoustic folk records, there never would have been a Born to Run.

I guess to me it’s like buying Pizza from a Polish deli when there is an Italian pizza place next door. What’s the point?'

Thanks MArk...almost 4 years gone and your write-ups still work.....lol

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Don't give a damn about any banjo playing band.

It ain't what I call rock and roll 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

This would be like slagging off The Beatles because there's a tuba on one of their records.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

This would be like slagging off The Beatles because there's a tuba on one of their records.

And there is a tuba on Wild Billy.

The story goes a big box with the tuba was part of the tour luggage in case Bruce wanted to play Wild Billy on a certain night-also in all those years between 1974 and 1990 when Wild Billy was never played live.

(I don't know if this is true or just a story; and It has nothing to do with the Sessions Band)

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, Tom-Joad said:

I’ve seen this “banjo band” thing a lot. I don’t get it. To me, saying “banjo band” or “guitar band” is just about the same but people seem to use “banjo band” in a pejorative way. What’s wrong with the banjo as an instrument? I really mean that. Is there something about a banjo (maybe it’s an American thing) that makes it some sort of second class instrument?

What do you think about "spoons bands?"

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

What do you think about "spoons bands?"

I don’t know what that is or what you mean by that question.

4 hours ago, bbb said:

Don't give a damn about any banjo playing band.

It ain't what I call rock and roll 

Perhaps not, but I don't think Bruce has ever been exclusively a rock n roll artist. 

• Like 2