Sign in to follow this  
Growin' Up

The National - I am Easy to Find

18 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Right, it's saying I can't post pics more than 2mb but I can't find a way to fix that.

Can you paint?

;)

No but the Missus can!

In the train back from Glesca meantime with dodgy WiFi but I'll get tech savvy when I'm home.

• Like 1

The last three tunes of the main set and the Encore had to be off the charts. I hope you had a great time. The over all setlist looked amazing too. 

Hey @merlin will you quote me in. Magic Rat please respond, love to hear from you. One of my top three band right now also. I know we have our differences else where, but don't need to be here. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

No but the Missus can!

In the train back from Glesca meantime with dodgy WiFi but I'll get tech savvy when I'm home.

Cough cough.

OK, so great, great gig.

I can't say enough about the Kelvingrove Bandstand, cracking setting for a gig.

The band were on top form, that's the, what, fourth (or fifth?)  time I've seen them and I've never seen Matt so playful and engaged with the crowd.

I've seen them before on the second night of two stand and they mix the set lists up a fair bit night to night, and we scored some doozies second night.

Two tracks off the "Cherry Tree" EP, "Wasp Nest" and "About Today", the latter being set closer which was wonderful but meant that I missed out on "Vanderlyle....":(

"Apartment Story " and "Green Gloves" were two that got rare-ish outings off "Boxer".

Plenty old favs, the paean to Mr Kerry "Mr November" was a late set stalwart as always and "Pink Rabbits", another personal favourite of mine, displayed Matt at his wistful best.

The set was obviously dominated by the new record, only two tracks off "Sleep well beast" surprisingly, but a good spread of their work.

And the three backing singers added much.

In all honesty, as much as I loved the gig, I'd have preferred the night one setlist but no complaints, wonderful night in the West End, few beers afterwards and a not too hungover journey home.

A few images hopefully edited well enough to give a flavour.

246831342_IMG_20190807_204023757(2).thumb.jpg.de20583860696164e2b3b0387f84f80a.jpg

IMG_20190807_211111233.thumb.jpg.2a19edb6c3523fd8f0a625f7552b045c.jpg

IMG_20190807_220755553.thumb.jpg.344f174d38567082a673e44b38a5f72e.jpg

So many highlights .....................................just see these live if you get the chance.

IMG_20190807_204023757 (2).jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, merlin said:

Cough cough.

Jinx

3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Jinx

Honey and lemon actually.

Thanks for the review,the setting looks perfect.

I'm hoping to catch them in Leeds later in the year.

Cheers

16 minutes ago, merlin said:

Honey and lemon actually.

Thanks for the review,the setting looks perfect.

I'm hoping to catch them in Leeds later in the year.

Cheers

It really is a great setting. Kelvingrove Park is a lovely spot anyway and the done up bandstand sits perfectly.

I'm pondering one of the English dates in December, gutted they didn't throw in another Scottish one, but it's unlikely 'er indoors will look favourably on a galavant dahn sarf that close to Christmas..........

45 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

It really is a great setting. Kelvingrove Park is a lovely spot anyway and the done up bandstand sits perfectly.

I'm pondering one of the English dates in December, gutted they didn't throw in another Scottish one, but it's unlikely 'er indoors will look favourably on a galavant dahn sarf that close to Christmas..........Indonesia has

Someone needs to be practical!

1 hour ago, richevs said:

More good news - Jenny Lewis supporting UK dates in December.

Ah Jaysus, I have to find a way of getting to one of those gigs......