micktonerdeaf

Support Lttle Steven & the Disciples of Soul ... great at rock 'n' soul preaching and the closest to Wrecking Ball tour you'll get

7 minutes ago, micktonerdeaf said:

So Macca can't make it to gig with Steven in London on 24 May (he's playing in the USA), but maybe Bruce could fill in as a pretty VIP guest.

He wouldn't dare not turn up if @rachelharms is going to be there :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, micktonerdeaf said:

I might as well be a little naughty and create some wicked conjecture ...

So Bruce played three numbers with Steve on the first night of the next leg of the Disciples tour.

So the next Steve gig is the Paramount in Ashbury Park on 8 May.  Doesn't Bruce have some connections with the area?

So maybe Bruce's getting itchy feet post SOB-land and wants back on a tour, but is a tad nervous of being the band leader and of raucous, unwashed crowds.  So what chances of seeing him rock up in Ashbury Park?

So what are Jessica's riding gigs over the next few weeks?  If any are in Europe, maybe Bruce would like to check out ex-Beatle homes on 16 May before Steve plays at the O2 in the evening.

So Macca can't make it to gig with Steven in London on 24 May (he's playing in the USA), but maybe Bruce could fill in as a pretty VIP guest.

It's all way unlikely, but I just bought tickets for the Kentish Town gig in case they sell out soon for whatever reason.

As I said elsewhere I'll be there Wednesday - Be nice if the old fella turned up 

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

He wouldn't dare not turn up if @rachelharms is going to be there :lol:

Oh I wish!! :lol: sadly I won’t be there though, I couldn’t persuade anyone to come with me this time!

I’d really love it if he did turn up in London for everyone going though. You never know! If he doesn’t, you know you’ll be guaranteed an incredible show anyway

Great show to see. Worth every penny. Before and after show he will talk to fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Oh I wish!! :lol: sadly I won’t be there though, I couldn’t persuade anyone to come with me this time!

You should have asked Bruce :lol:

10 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

You should have asked Bruce :lol:

I seem to have misplaced his email :lol:

• Sad 1

You lot all know how much I love the Men Without Women and Soulfire albums. 

I turned this one off after "Party Mambo" because those first two tracks are turgid and they gave me no interest in listening further. 

9 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I turned this one off after "Party Mambo" because those first two tracks are turgid and they gave me no interest in listening further. 

Well, that's not very bright.

• Like 1

Leeds for us...he puts on a great show, the tickets price is the cheapest bit of the night due to something being on at the Leeds Arena so hotel prices are extortionate that night

Looks like poor Steve can't get rid of his old mate now.  LA, Asbury Park  ... Bruce is obviously jealous Steve's got a soul-fired band firing away out on the road.  Steve, try to make him learn some new numbers before he maybe shows in Liverpool next week.  Don't pay for his air ticket - he's got enough money.  Make sure he doesn't nick any of your musicians and back-up singers for gigs he could be trying to organise.   Especially Ed.

• Haha 1

little Steven's  music is just a loud noise to me 

bring on the real musicians Bruce as in a S.s band !  

• Haha 1

That made me chortle. Thanks!

Jukes, Disciples, Seeger S … all marvellous, some in all - they're all 'ours'.

I'm unapologetically posting something to get this thread pushed higher because Steve and the Disciples are playing Liverpool tomorrow at the O2.  A pretty good time is guaranteed for all.  I hope he performs the song "Summer of Sorcery" and delivers it well.  Will he play the Cavern again?

I have no personal or commercial links with SVZ whatsoever ... just in case someone wonders why I'm pushing him. 

• Like 1

Bristol next week for me and others I know!  Whoop whoop!! 

• Like 1

On my way to see Steven in Liverpool tonight. It's sure to be a great night again. So looking forward to it.

• Like 3

We'll be waiting for your review - have a great night!

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

We'll be waiting for your review - have a great night!

Thanks Eileen. I'm not much of a reviewer but I'll see what I can do! A couple of preshow photos.

IMG_20190516_172840.jpg

IMG_20190516_172934.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bingley81 said:

On my way to see Steven in Liverpool tonight. It's sure to be a great night again. So looking forward to it.

I’m very envious. Have fun! 

I've just been lucky enough to see Steven and the Disciples in the North West of England for the fourth time in the last couple of years. This show was exceptionally good, the band were superb, the crowd were great and the band responded well to them. They seem to have a real bond with Liverpool and long may it continue.

This was up there with some of the best concerts I've ever seen.I've seen a lot of shows since the late 70s including about 20 E Street shows.

There were maybe four songs repeated from the last tour so it was a very different show. The new songs were well received. For me the highlights were Forever (because it is one of my favourite songs by any artist) and Los Desparicidos because I've not seen it live before.

If you are thinking twice about paying £42 or whatever for this show and you can afford it - don't! Do yourself a favour and have a great night watching a great act and listening to a group of hugely talented musicians.

IMG_20190516_203126.jpg

IMG_20190516_205449.jpg

IMG_20190516_220405.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

Thank you! So glad you had a great night. x

• Like 1

Great stuff. Tnx. 

Did they play SOS? 

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Great stuff. Tnx. 

Did they play SOS? 

Yes.

I didn't make a note of the setlist but it was very similar to the last show in Asbury Park but without Tenth Avenue and I Don't Want to Go Home (oh, and Bruce :)).

• Love Love Love! 1

I’m really excited to see Stevie in London next week :) I had a blast when I saw him last year and Soulfire was basically the soundtrack to my summer. SoS is also an album of great summery tunes (unsurprisingly, given the name) and I’ve been especially enjoying the title track

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Try having a listen on shuffle Paolo- the best track is the last one! Personally I do prefer Soulfire and Men Without Women too, but there are definitely some good songs on there

• Like 2