micktonerdeaf

Support Lttle Steven & the Disciples of Soul ... great at rock 'n' soul preaching and the closest to Wrecking Ball tour you'll get

Those - young and older - who are so disillusioned with Bruce and think that he has settled permanently in an old people's home in the Kingdom of Croonery, really should think of seeing Steve. He has kept that rock and soul fire burning on his latest album and the new tour.  Maybe composed one masterpiece, the title track "Summer of Sorcery".  A bonus:  he can't really croon; he just kind of talks on the quiet, intimate-intended track "Suddenly You".  The seasoned horn section is tight as tight.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thing is - I don't think Bruce can help where he is right now therefore I wouldn't like to say too much against him. Steven always had/always will have that extra urge to get out there and rock his socks off. Long may it continue!

• Like 4

Great show in Leeds last night. Very different set list to the previous show in Leeds 18 months ago, showcasing the new album. Did get to hear one of my all time favourites, Los Desaparecidos which made my night. Talented group of musicians making a righteous and joyous noise. A lot funkier and more danceable than the ESB. The backing singers have amazing energy (and great outfits!). And the Disciples could teach the ESB a thing or two about wearing colourful clothes on stage! Bumped into Steve and Pauline, nice to see you again. 

If you have any interest in Stevie’s music, then go! You’ll have fun. 

• Like 4

LEEDS ROCKED ... that's what Steve screams out eight times on Twitter.  All attenders agree bar one who was inconvenienced by security. 

• Like 3

Tnx guys and gals.

The excitement builds.

:)

Great show last night...I'm not that keen on the new album but it certainly all hits the right spots live...and that backing singer on the left...have you ever seen anyone on stage who's looked as if they've enjoyed it that much ?

Los Desaparecidos was a high point for me as well

Great to see LongTallSally again even though it was just a quick word

• Like 3

5 hours ago, micktonerdeaf said:

LEEDS ROCKED ... that's what Steve screams out eight times on Twitter.  All attenders agree bar one who was inconvenienced by security. 

Was that the guy in front of me who was mardy because he couldn't take a rucksack in ?

On 5/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, micktonerdeaf said:

Those - young and older - who are so disillusioned with Bruce and think that he has settled permanently in an old people's home in the Kingdom of Croonery, really should think of seeing Steve. He has kept that rock and soul fire burning on his latest album and the new tour.  Maybe composed one masterpiece, the title track "Summer of Sorcery".  A bonus:  he can't really croon; he just kind of talks on the quiet, intimate-intended track "Suddenly You".  The seasoned horn section is tight as tight.

Seeing as it seems to now be the thing to write off Bruce and consign him to that old people's home, I guess it is also ok for me to say that I did not enjoy the Little Steven show I saw last year, I don't like this album and I won't be seeing him again, unless he is with E Street. All just my opinions, of course and I am not expecting anyone to agree with me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Seeing as it seems to now be the thing to write off Bruce and consign him to that old people's home, I guess it is also ok for me to say that I did not enjoy the Little Steven show I saw last year, I don't like this album and I won't be seeing him again, unless he is with E Street. All just my opinions, of course and I am not expecting anyone to agree with me.

I sort of agree with you on the live show.  I left disappointed, but that was possibly my own fault.  And it was way too loud.

But, I continue to rave about his new album and am really looking forward to hearing it live.  

7 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I sort of agree with you on the live show.  I left disappointed, but that was possibly my own fault.  And it was way too loud.

Casual fan. :D

Bloomin' marvellous - can't wait until August when I get to do it all again.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Casual fan. :D

Bloomin' marvellous - can't wait until August when I get to do it all again.

The new set list is much more to my liking.  'Little Girl So Fine'  !!  Woohoo. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

But, I continue to rave about his new album and am really looking forward to hearing it live.  

The new album plays well live. E.g. Soul Power Twist was a real rave up. 

But unfortunately the sound throughout was too loud and with so many musicians some of it got lost in the mix which is a real shame. Hope it’s better at your show. 

The “Jukes” segment was a nice break from the new stuff too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Of course it’s OK, I can understand why he is not to everyone’s taste. 

Anyone going to Glasgow tonight? The stars are aligning for me so I'm going to try and get along to see the show, having thought that I wouldn't be able to do so until today.

PS I've said it before and I'll say it again: use ear-protection because Little Steven wasn't kidding when singing "The pain is intoxicating if the music is loud enough!". I've got my ear-plugs at the ready:-)

• Like 2

Just my twopenneth- My first ever LSDOS show was last year at Whitley Bay. It was mighty fine and I enjoyed it. Sound was great and band just amazing.

I did find Soulfire a bit ponderous in places but that's just me as think I'm very black and white in musical taste- there are some genres I am not so keen on.

As we know Stevie loves all  his genres.

Cue my second show and  "Leeds Rocked" as the great man said. The sound did seem bit muddy  in places but loved the show. The Summer of Sorcery grabs me and shakes me aboot  more than Soulfire.  It just puts the joy back into music for me  and a smile on my face. Roll on Newcastle. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

Anyone going to Glasgow tonight? The stars are aligning for me so I'm going to try and get along to see the show, having thought that I wouldn't be able to do so until today.

PS I've said it before and I'll say it again: use ear-protection because Little Steven wasn't kidding when singing "The pain is intoxicating if the music is loud enough!". I've got my ear-plugs at the ready:-)

Have a great time!!!! 

• Like 1

If James Brown; Brian Wilson and Southside Johnny mixed their genes together and produced a child - I’d say Van Zandt would be the offspring. 

Listening to him just makes me feel like I’m in another time. He’s awesome though.

Brad

PS: Maybe even a little Paul Simon/Graceland too on this new record  lol

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

IMG_20190520_191422.jpg

• Like 1

A Little something from last night. Stunning show - possibly better than the last tour (which I didn't imagine it would be!)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Who’s in for Bristol on Wednesday then? 

Growin' Up Senior is going!   Afraid i'm missing the tour this time around - dates didn't quite work for me. 

And a couple of pics

IMG_20190520_201656.thumb.jpg.250c181854ef12e8689812f5895bedbe.jpg

IMG_20190520_201702.thumb.jpg.ee5e3f3518d4771eeae67700bf07099a.jpg

IMG_20190520_201831.thumb.jpg.801d56daa48803b2834f5488d2daaa3e.jpg

IMG_20190520_214638.thumb.jpg.9cc1a7ff9bb4ae4781bd4cd4e3175a7e.jpg

• Like 6

If there was a way to bottle the energy of the lovely backing ladies, I'd join yet another queue to get some of it!

The time flew during the show, and it was fab to be part of a crowd that responded so enthusiastically to "Bitter Fruit" and "Los Desaparecidos".

As I suspected, "Soul Power Twist" is simply fabulous fun live:-) I'm also more than a little fond of the Blues myself so "I Visit the Blues" made me (and the crowd) very happy too.

My feet and knees are recovering but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat if the chance presented itself.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3