Greasy Lake Community

New Orleans Footage Now On YouTube

4 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

That ^^^ was the final song at the Wembley show I saw.  It was different, to say the least :lol:

I didn’t realize it was played twice, I always thought it was a one off like Samson and Delilah. Well worth chasing down that one, it was broadcasted on Italian radio I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

One thing that has always felt kind of odd about this tour is how high Bruce was strapping his guitar. That can’t be too comfortable!

It's a while back, but I think it was someone on BTX that said because he was mainly an electric guitar player he had to adapt for the SSB tour.  I don't think he played an electric guitar once on that tour.  So, he hammered his acoustic guitars,  and that was easier if he held it up high.  Breaking strings wasn't a concern.

11 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

There was so many footage from TV and internet circulating for that tour they could make a boxed set out it! Far more than any other tour. For some reason, this was my favorite 

I love that. And a release with the one off performances of this tour would be perfect! While they’re at it they could do the same with the D&D tour!

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

It's a while back, but I think it was someone on BTX that said because he was mainly an electric guitar player he had to adapt for the SSB tour.  I don't think he played an electric guitar once on that tour.  So, he hammered his acoustic guitars,  and that was easier if he held it up high.  Breaking strings wasn't a concern.

I don’t know... If you see how Bruce was playing the acoustic guitar a few years before (Waiting on a Sunny Day from Barcelona, for example), it’s strapped much lower.

In any case, strapped that high, there’s no wrist movement there, just elbow. It’s got to be tiring. My guess is he thought it was more stylish and old-timey...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

I don’t know... If you see how Bruce was playing the acoustic guitar a few years before (Waiting on a Sunny Day from Barcelona, for example), it’s strapped much lower.

In any case, strapped that high, there’s no wrist movement there, just elbow. It’s got to be tiring. My guess is he thought it was more stylish and old-timey...

That’s what I always thought, Bruce trying to be as cool as Cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

There was so many footage from TV and internet circulating for that tour they could make a boxed set out it! Far more than any other tour. For some reason, this was my favorite 

We need this on an Archive release. Love this song.

2 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Didn't know a video of this one was around. This melody regulary pops into my head and I've only ever heard it with Bruce - so catchy. Love this. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

back in 2006 a former laker and thunder roader called wizzard imps sent me a link to this just about an hour after the Boss sang it, I listened to it many times, it's one of my fav Bruce performances ever ! 

It's in my top ten along with Born To Run, Thunder Road, Incident.. I rate it that high.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

• 3 months later...

The DVD came also with the first Seeger edition but the American Land edition came with a longer version of the DVD to give fans another reason -in addition to the extra songs- to buy something again which they allready owned (see also: the stand alone version of The Promise doc with bonus footage).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's bodies floatin' on Canal Street and the levees gone to hell
Martha, get me my sixteen gauge and some dry shells
Them who's got got out of town
And them who ain't got left to drown
Tell me, how can a poor man stand such times and live?

That is some good damn writing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ciaran said:

Still think that's one of the best things he's ever done (don't shoot :P )

More people will agree with you than you think. (I am not one of them BTW).

And it is something that had to be done, Bruce really needed to do this, to get out of his comfort zone (even if it was temporarily), to do something different.

• Like 3

It's intriguing that recent uploads to Bruce's YouTube have been the 'bonus' type of clips from various releases while the full 1975 Hammersmith show is yet to be uploaded. I thought that would've gone up before some of these other things...