Tom-Joad

Bruce has written a new E Street Band record

25 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Further On Up The Road

2 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Long time comin', Long walk home, Land of hope and dreams, My city of ruins and Real world come to mind.

Interesting that most of those premiers were performed solo though.

2 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Long time comin', Long walk home, Land of hope and dreams, My city of ruins and Real world come to mind.

Okay, I stand corrected. Guess I'm just not as familiar with shows from later eras as earlier ones then.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Further On Up The Road

I was at that show in Atlanta! Don't forget American Skin premiered that night, too. 

Then at the MSG shows, he premiered Another Thin Line (I was there, too.) and Code of Silence. I wonder if they were considered for The Rising.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stillilllife said:

'Seeds', I think can be thrown into the Mix here bring it was on the 86/Live album. 

We all thought for sure that would be on TOL. Same with 'Man At The Top’.

The truth is, we’re not talking about 'that many' that were battle tested but he still does. 

Cool thinking though ...

Brad

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, rocknrollcrook said:

I was at that show in Atlanta! Don't forget American Skin premiered that night, too. 

Then at the MSG shows, he premiered Another Thin Line (I was there, too.) and Code of Silence. I wonder if they were considered for The Rising.

Oh shit - that’s right!! Good call dude

There will be another E-Street tour...Starting Spring 2020...Whether or not it is to support a new record or not remains to be seen but would be fun.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

There will be another E-Street tour...Starting Spring 2020...Whether or not it is to support a new record or not remains to be seen but would be fun.

I like the way you’re thinking! :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvanMorris said:

Did they play any BITUSA material live before it was released? I'm pretty sure there was no TOL or any subsequent album's material played live before it was released.

In addition to previous posts:

The Wish, Real World, 57 Channels, Soul Driver, Red Headed Woman and When The Lights Go Out were all first performed at the Christic Institute shows.

American Land was first played live during the Seeger Tour, before (first) released on the  American Land Edition of We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions (and later again released as a bonus track on Wrecking Ball).

The Hitter was played live one time during the Joad Tour. Syracuse, 13 November 1996.

All The Way Home was performed 4 times in 1992 and also 1 time in 1993 (the benefit show in Red Bank, 23 March 1993).

Sinaloa Cowboys and The Ghost Of Tom Joad (the song) were first performed at the Bridge School Benefit, 28 October 1995, a few weeks before release of the Joad album.

Devils & Dust (the song) was first played at a soundcheck before a Rising Tour show in Vancouver, 11 April 2003.

Waitin' On A Sunny Day was first played at two soundchecks during the 1999 European Tour, in Bremen and Leipzig.

Open All Night was first played at a club gig with Cats On A Smooth Surface, The Stone Pony,  3 October 1982 .

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

'Seeds', I think can be thrown into the Mix here bring it was on the 86/Live album. 

We all thought for sure that would be on TOL. Same with 'Man At The Top’.

And also Sugarland! (which of course is still unreleased).

• Like 2

THIS IS SO EXCITING NEWS OOOOOOOH WOOOOW!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I find the idea of releasing WS in June,  and the new E Street album end of year quite plausible.

With the announcement of the 2020 tour,  he only  has to say that the tour will be in support of both albums, and so both categories of fans will be running for the tickets.

Then, depending on how good both albums  are going  to be, the 2020 tour can either be a great one, or a deterioration into a greatest hits tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

And also Sugarland! (which of course is still unreleased).

Light Of Day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Interesting that most of those premiers were performed solo though.

Well, half of them; or did you mean solo as in not with the ESB? 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Light Of Day. 

Good point but my post was about the new unreleased songs played live during the BUSA Tour.

Which are (only) Man At The Top, Sugarland and Seeds I think.

• Like 1

Just now, BrilliantDisguise said:

See that Netflix thread I posted should have had everyone's attention after all, right @AMIW?!!!

people should ignore your threads at their peril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Meant that he first played most of them solo.

Sorry should have clarified: solo as in solo acoustic or acoustic and electric w/o the ESB (I'm thinking you meant the last ^_^

8 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Forget wasting time recording them, we all know that the eventual live versions will be better anyway. He should sequence the songs into what he feels is the right order and then take them on the road, with the new songs played in sequence as the centrepiece of the live show. Listening to the natural evolution of these songs in the hands of one of rocks greatest ever bands live from night to night via the Nugs downloads would be an interesting and potentially monumental testament to the E Street legacy

While I could not possibly disagree more with the "we all know that the eventual live versions will be better anyway" bit, I will say the rest of it's a great idea: as Running on Empty, Sheik Yerbouti and New Adventures in Hi-Fi showed, recording new material in front of an audience and later tweaking them if required can lead to gold. 

2 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

Oh shit - that’s right!! Good call dude

June 4, 2000 Atlanta needs to be an archive show.

38 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

as Running on Empty, Sheik Yerbouti and New Adventures in Hi-Fi showed, recording new material in front of an audience and later tweaking them if required can lead to gold. 

And Dream Attic! (Richard Thompson).

Also: Times Fades Away (Neil Young); but that is not one of Neil's best albums I would say. 

If this album is actually going to be recorded sooner rather than later, my guess would be a March 2020 release followed immediately by a tour.

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

deterioration into a greatest hits tour. 

all band tours are that, which why any new esb band tour will be a rehash of what weve seen for the tours since and including magic with about half the new album(if there is one)