Tom-Joad

Bruce has written a new E Street Band record

11 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

My money is on the band album coming out end of this year with a tour next.

How much are you willing to wager?

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Rule 1 of the new Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Tour:

Signs will not be allowed in the venue. When someone brings a sign anyway, it will be confiscated and destroyed.

Rule 2: at the shows where @Daisey Jeep is in the audience Prove It All Night with 1978 intro and a REAL LONG KITTY will be played.

Rule 3: at the shows where @Early North Jersey is in the audience Stand On It, I Wanna Be With You, I'll Work For Your Love, Seven Nights To Rock and Detroit Medley will be played.

I HATE Kitty. There I said it. Long ponderous over wrought song. Give me 2 or 3 new tunes rather than one long, or short, Kitty.

• Like 4

Best title of a thread I've seen on the main board in a long time.

B)

• Like 7
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Now it sorta feels like “Western Stars” was over before it even began

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, micktonerdeaf said:

"'I'm not fucked.'  There'll be another tour."  I've long thought there will not be another ESB tour.  The odd gig maybe.  I'll be delighted to be proved street-wise totally wrong.  

Bruce has said it, made a promise, asserted it, made his vow  - obviously allowing for acts of God, tidal waves etc.   No retreating now.

The wording in that Bruce quote is interesting in that he appears grateful for having written some new band music which will allow / support an E Street tour. The subtext to the way that is worded, for me anyway, is that another band tour supporting old material (I.e.the BITUSA box set tour widely speculated) is not in Bruce's consideration. 

• Like 3

I am actually thrilled with this news. As I am about Western Stars. Any new Bruce music is a thrill for/to me...but...I hope the new E Street record sees him give up his recent pseudo Irish music. As much as I like the Wrecking Ball album, the Irish jigs like Shackled and Drawn, Death to my Hometown and Easy Money just grate on my nerves.

If I want Irish music, and I often do, I'll put on The Pogues or the Chieftans for example. But Bruce and the ESB? Just rock man, just rock...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BITUSA said:

I am actually thrilled with this news. As I am about Western Stars. Any new Bruce music is a thrill for/to me...but...I hope the new E Street record sees him give up his recent pseudo Irish music. As much as I like the Wrecking Ball album, the Irish jigs like Shackled and Drawn, Death to my Hometown and Easy Money just grate on my nerves.

If I want Irish music, and I often do, I'll put on The Pogues or the Chieftans for example. But Bruce and the ESB? Just rock man, just rock...

I’ve heard this before.  In the vein of different strokes and all that...  I love the ‘pseudo Irish’ stuff.  Love the ones you’ve mentioned, and I especially loooooove American Land! 

And yes, I love ‘real’ Irish/Celtic music as well, traditional and new, and have a bunch on my IPod.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BITUSA said:

As much as I like the Wrecking Ball album, the Irish jigs like Shackled and Drawn, Death to my Hometown and Easy Money just grate on my nerves.

I'm a Rock and Roll man also, but what isn't RnR about these songs. I love them, in concert you can either sing, jump up and down or dance to them, or all three combo. Why else do you go to a show for? 

• Like 1

It would have been a funny old career if he'd just written different versions of BTR and TR for forty five years. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

It would have been a funny old career if he'd just written different versions of BTR and TR for forty five years. 

If he'd of done that...I doubt there'd be Greasy Lake for us to chit chat about what he's done, didn't do, shoulda done and most importantly,  what he should do next.

Personally I think he's an avid reader of Greasy Lake and was inspired to write ESteet stuff by my posts about him, his guitar and the fantastic EStreet Band. 

So....You're Welcome everyone. 

B)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, badlands78 said:

It does make me wonder about the timing of his announcement of new E Street Band material.  It was either a slip of the tongue or a calculated move, given that I'm sure Bruce is aware that his fans want another E Street tour before the band gets too much older.

I think we will see Western Stars released this year, and the E Street Band album next year.  Following that, a tour incorporating songs from both albums, but with the majority of the new stuff coming from the E Street album (kinda like how he would do a short Nebraska set near the beginning of his 84/85 shows and then go full on BitUSA).

Somewhere in all this there's going to be a Born In The USA box set coming as well.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, crdowning said:

It does make me wonder about the timing of his announcement of new E Street Band material.  It was either a slip of the tongue or a calculated move, given that I'm sure Bruce is aware that his fans want another E Street tour before the band gets too much older.

I think we will see Western Stars released this year, and the E Street Band album next year.  Following that, a tour incorporating songs from both albums, but with the majority of the new stuff coming from the E Street album (kinda like how he would do a short Nebraska set near the beginning of his 84/85 shows and then go full on BitUSA).

Somewhere in all this there's going to be a Born In The USA box set coming as well.   

I like all of this - fingers crossed who knows!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crdowning said:

I think we will see Western Stars released this year

My guess is June 14th

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 5/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, BITUSA said:

I HATE Kitty. There I said it. Long ponderous over wrought song.

image.png.21dd5bac815963f7f2386936af0de755.png

• Like 1

This might just be the best news ever. It’s funny because Bruce is doing exactly what he said he was going to do.. solo projects this year, ESB next year. Did anyone actually believe this? :lol:

I really can’t believe it. I thought we were lucky enough to get a solo record. I’d kind of just accepted now that this might be it, and I was totally ok with that. He’s given us enough, and through the archive releases I was more than happy. But to have a new solo album and a new ESB album in the works... as a young fan at this time, I honestly never thought I’d see the day. I’m so happy. I feel like a kid on Christmas and every single day is just one excited countdown now. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, badlands78 said:

I'm surprised at him sharing this news now - I worry that it will overshadow the new solo album.

I'm happy for a new ESB album, but I really like the sound of the new single and I hope Western Stars doesn' t become a forgotten album. I'd like a Western Stars tour and if that isn't in the cards, I hope Western Stars gets represented in a a miniset or something like that on an upcoming ESB tour. Kind of like the Nebraska mini set in '84.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, crdowning said:

a tour incorporating songs from both albums, but with the majority of the new stuff coming from the E Street album (kinda like how he would do a short Nebraska set near the beginning of his 84/85 shows and then go full on BitUSA).

15 minutes ago, Magnus said:

I hope Western Stars gets represented in a a miniset or something like that on an upcoming ESB tour. Kind of like the Nebraska mini set in '84.

Great minds think alike? ^_^

3 hours ago, Magnus said:

I'm surprised at him sharing this news now - I worry that it will overshadow the new solo album.

I'm happy for a new ESB album, but I really like the sound of the new single and I hope Western Stars doesn' t become a forgotten album. I'd like a Western Stars tour and if that isn't in the cards, I hope Western Stars gets represented in a a miniset or something like that on an upcoming ESB tour. Kind of like the Nebraska mini set in '84.

Im inclined to agree. But them Brucey does like to court attention now and then and him and his team are always saying he has a million albums up his sleeve.. but the way he talked about a new ESB album was almost dismissive of Western Stars. It would have been great to hear him be full of enthusiasm for this effort.

Thinking more positively this could be like a Nebraska, BITUSA double hit......one commonality already.... bruce was not pictured on the cover of Nebraska. Here's hoping 

• Bruuuuce! 1

If WS and the next ESB album are thematically linked to some extent (and both are great albums), this could be a masterful move.

Bruce Springsteen releasing two albums within under two years, showing he can still write great new accessible material. Still vital at 70, etc...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magnus said:

If WS and the next ESB album are thematically linked to some extent (and both are great albums), this could be a masterful move.

Nils is ready.

Untitled.png

• Haha 5

On 5/7/2019 at 1:46 AM, Silvia said:

I find the idea of releasing WS in June,  and the new E Street album end of year quite plausible.

With the announcement of the 2020 tour,  he only  has to say that the tour will be in support of both albums, and so both categories of fans will be running for the tickets.

Then, depending on how good both albums  are going  to be, the 2020 tour can either be a great one, or a deterioration into a greatest hits tour. 

if a gratest hits would be akin to the 2nd American leg of the river tour id be all for it because that was phenomenally epic.but otherwise im not too keen on catering to the casual fan/ bucket lister