Tom-Joad

Bruce has written a new E Street Band record

On 5/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, BillyB said:

If he'd of done that...I doubt there'd be Greasy Lake for us to chit chat about what he's done, didn't do, shoulda done and most importantly,  what he should do next.

Personally I think he's an avid reader of Greasy Lake and was inspired to write ESteet stuff by my posts about him, his guitar and the fantastic EStreet Band. 

So....You're Welcome everyone. 

B)

then where was my 78 intro and my kitty 

:(

(no matter how hard i try im having real trouble getting over it)

Bearing in mind he first started taking about this solo album a good few years ago, I'm ready to get excited for the 2023 ESB album release and subsequent tour. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

:(

I'm sure you got them in an alternate universe. Take comfort in that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

I'm sure you got them in an alternate universe. Take comfort in that.

you sparkitada my language :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Um... I got stuck with your Kitty at that Aug 30th show thank you very much.  I blamed it on you putting those Kitty vibes out there for MONTHS. :ph34r:

That’s ok... the musical interlude gave me a chance to text various Bruce people, both in and not in attendance; and most importantly I was rewarded that night with an over the top AMAZING, OUTSTANDING show, that included among others: Incident into Rosie, Jersey Girl AND Candy’s Room :D.   

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 1

If Bruce had known a burst of inspiration for an E Street record was around the corner, would he have bothered releasing Western Stars do we think?

I think yes.  Don't think he would want a band record to trump a solo one.  

Unless it's part of his contract having to produce so many albums, who knows really.  

1 hour ago, -Sussudio- said:

If Bruce had known a burst of inspiration for an E Street record was around the corner, would he have bothered releasing Western Stars do we think?

He was probably just answering a stale question about E street/touring etc. Telling that he has stuff written/ready/half recorded has been his standard answer since basically 1974.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Um... I got stuck with your Kitty at that Aug 30th show thank you very much.  I blamed it on you putting those Kitty vibes out there for MONTHS. :ph34r:

That’s ok... the musical interlude gave me a chance to text various Bruce people, both in and not in attendance; and most importantly I was rewarded that night with an over the top AMAZING, OUTSTANDING show, that included among others: Incident into Rosie, Jersey Girl AND Candy’s Room :D.   

i know you didn't want it and im sorry

i want it so bad

you know i sung your rosie at the top of my lungs and I'll hooefully get to do it again

NZ shows will always be GHs kind of shows - no 78 intro

no kitty

just DITD to please all the casual fans

ill never get an inncident or a sandy 

3 hours ago, Frank said:

He was probably just answering a stale question about E street/touring etc. Telling that he has stuff written/ready/half recorded has been his standard answer since basically 1974.

I agree, and I honestly don’t think one thing has anything to do with the other.  He’s releasing Western Stars, so I assume it’s because he feels it’s ready for release.  

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i know you didn't want it and im sorry

i want it so bad

you know i sung your rosie at the top of my lungs and I'll hooefully get to do it again

NZ shows will always be GHs kind of shows - no 78 intro

no kitty

just DITD to please all the casual fans

ill never get an inncident or a sandy 

I’m only teasing you DJ!!!  

When Kitty started,  I did actually roll my eyes, slapped my head and leaned over to Mr RJM and said you put those vibes out there... but actually, I knew several people who were there that night who love Kitty.  I was very happy for them!!! 

I don’t hate Kitty... there are just about 100 others I’d rather hear.  I like a lot of the song, I’m just not a fan of the long musical interlude.  Yes, I know... everyone gets their chance to “shine.”  It’s really just not my personal cup o’tea.  Sorry.  

And I don’t hate the ‘78 intro either.  It’s just Prove It is one of my favorites, and (sorry about this) I just find the ‘78 Intro a waste of time and energy (yes, I realize for some that’s sacrilege...).  The one time I heard it I was like GET TO THE SONG ALREADY.  

But if we were at a show together, I’d suffer through (I’m just joking... it’s hardly that big of a deal!) and hope for it!!!  

DITD is the all time favorite of a good friend who is anything but a casual fan!  She’s been on the Bruce train since the late ‘70s and travels near and far to see our man.  

I don’t ever listen to it if I have control of the radio, and it’s not on any playlist on my iPod; but I admit that I do love it live and would miss it if he didn’t play it.  

Sure, it’s one he’s played a gazillion times primarily most likely because it’s one he knows everybody knows.  But to me it’s just FUN.  

I feel like he always tries to please the entire audience; long time-die hard fans, ‘casual’ fans, the die hard fan only going to one or two shows, the die hard fans that travel and go to multiple shows, the fan that’s attending their first show and the fan that’s attending their 200th show.  Not an easy task.

I truly do always hope everyone gets to hear ‘their’ song.  I’m really sorry that there are so many you long for that you’ve yet to hear.  

Never say never.  You might get some of the ones you’re longing for.  I hope so.  

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

32 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

GHs

Sorry, not sure what this means? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Sorry, not sure what this means? 

greatest hits

hungry heart BITUSA etc

not that that's a problem

i was just having an off momemt

sorry Rosie

i do send you loving, peaceful and painfree healing thoughts ever day

14 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

greatest hits

hungry heart BITUSA etc

not that that's a problem

i was just having an off momemt

sorry Rosie

i do send you loving, peaceful and painfree healing thoughts ever day

Oh, greatest hits!  Of course!!  

No worries.  I absolutely do understand.

I too could definitely live without OITS or HH or BITUSA.  There are others for which I’d swap them out, but I do like them a lot, and do enjoy them when I hear them.  

Then there are others that are considered ‘GHs’ that I’ve heard a gazillion times (like anything else off BITUSA) that I still love and actually hope for.  

Believe me, I do know how lucky I’ve been.  I do not take that for granted.  

Thanks for the good vibes DJ.  Much appreciated! :wub: