Greasy Lake Community

There goes my miracle

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

He won an Oscar for Streets of Philadelphia..If that was not on a movie the people here who hate these songs would have would have hated that too.

I love both the new songs.

I love Streets of Philly outside of the movie.

I hate, yes hate, that Miracle song... the first one is OKish, albeit somewhat unnecessarily excessively drenched in strings - I think the first one is a nice song, and would be something I'd listen to quite a bit without the strings... but this Miracle song is pure dross imho. 

36 minutes ago, J said:

I love Streets of Philly outside of the movie.

I hate, yes hate, that Miracle song... the first one is OKish, albeit somewhat unnecessarily excessively drenched in strings - I think the first one is a nice song, and would be something I'd listen to quite a bit without the strings... but this Miracle song is pure dross imho. 

Would you mind awfully standing in the corner, alongside @Jertucky!

Thank you.

:)

1 hour ago, merlin said:

Thank you.

I'm in that corner to. 

Driving home last night, usually I would either leave early or late to miss rush hour traffic, but couldn't yesterday. So this tune came on ESR as I'm in stop and go traffic. And at one of those stop moments, I got a horn blast behind me as I fell asleep. :o

2 hours ago, merlin said:

Thank you.

If the corner protects me from having to listen to that song again, then, no, I wouldn't mind... in fact, I'd stand there gladly. 

I’ve moved from ‘growing on me’ to ‘love it.’ 

As I pulled into the driveway day before yesterday, it came on E Street Radio.  I turned it up really loud and closed my eyes.  

I think it’s so beautiful.  :) 

18 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

As I pulled into the driveway day before yesterday, it came on E Street Radio.  I turned it up really loud and closed my eyes.  

You know I've really tried to like these two new songs. I've tried playing as loud as can be. You know some tunes are just better higher volume. And I've tried at lower volumes. But I just can't. 

Happy for all who do. 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You know I've really tried to like these two new songs. I've tried playing as loud as can be. You know some tunes are just better higher volume. And I've tried at lower volumes. But I just can't. 

Happy for all who do. 

It’s true that sometimes you end up liking something you didn’t at first.  

But you really can’t force yourself to like something that you viscerally do not, and this is clearly not your cup of tea.  

It’s unfortunate that you don’t like these two, in that you don’t have any ‘new Bruce’ to enjoy, but you still have your favorites to keep you company!   Maybe there’ll be a few on the new one you’ll like.  Maybe not.  Time will tell. 

And hey, with any luck there will be a new ESB album in the nearish future, and that will be more to your taste.  

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Moving in the same direction Rosie:wub:

2 hours ago, J said:

If the corner protects me from having to listen to that song again, then, no, I wouldn't mind... in fact, I'd stand there gladly. 

Yes, please join me in the corner. I’ll provide beer and chips, play descent Springsteen music, plus we’ll make enough noise chatting to cover the sounds of this mess of a song. You may not have heard yet, but it sucks (I feel obligated to point out that this is my opinion only).

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Happy for all who do. 

Like the new avatars, the Stanley Cup. This is where I confess I didn't like Hungry Heart for a long time.:o

52 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Yes, please join me in the corner. I’ll provide beer and chips, play descent Springsteen music, plus we’ll make enough noise chatting to cover the sounds of this mess of a song. You may not have heard yet, but it sucks (I feel obligated to point out that this is my opinion only).

I'm in! 

I have heard it and I can't unhear it, which makes me sad. 

2 hours ago, J said:

I'm in! 

I have heard it and I can't unhear it, which makes me sad. 

Well, I’m on the back deck with some beer right now listening to a Springsteen mix on Spotify (cringing with the start of every song in the hopes that it’s not this song), celebrating the Jersey Shore kickoff to summer weekend from afar. I have one corner but feel free to take one of the other three.

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Well, I’m on the back deck with some beer right now listening to a Springsteen mix on Spotify (cringing with the start of every song in the hopes that it’s not this song), celebrating the Jersey Shore kickoff to summer weekend from afar. I have one corner but feel free to take one of the other three.

Your corner sounds good. I'll be over shortly. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm in that corner to. 

Driving home last night, usually I would either leave early or late to miss rush hour traffic, but couldn't yesterday. So this tune came on ESR as I'm in stop and go traffic. And at one of those stop moments, I got a horn blast behind me as I fell asleep. :o

i say this as a typical NZ term of endearment 

you are a real shit Jimmy ;):wub:

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Happy for all who do. 

absolute agree about volume (with the Joad album the reception for me)

got new ear buds today so looking forward to turning it up

38 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Something for those who don't like the lyrics:

Impressive. Although the credit goes more to the pianist’s interpretation of the song (and her skill) rather than to the actual tune.

Archived