I absolutely love the song. Bruce sounds amazing on it. Can't stop listening to it.

Really looking forward to the album 

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I wonder if the bloke next door likes my Andy Williams singing. That'll sound amazing  when the crowd gets hold of it.

Really like the song. Only slight concern is it would have fit well on the Working on a Dream album in terms of its sound and melody so I hope there are not a few duds on this album. Love both songs so far. 

• Like 1

Just a reminder for everyone who seems to have forgotten or are new here - please do not post - or ask for - officially released material.  Violators will have to deal with Mikey and may be banned without additional warning.  Thanks

9 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I wonder if the bloke next door likes my Andy Williams singing. That'll sound amazing  when the crowd gets hold of it.

Doubt it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Which bit - or both? :)

Hey, if it's in my key, I'm a helluva singalongara. Ask @Born To Walk

First bit, i'll not embarrass  Born To Walk by putting him on the spot.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

What happened to my post?

It's on the end of your gate.

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

Interesting to see a mention of Roy Orbison, I was actually thinking of that myself..

Me too! I was reminded of some of Bruce's singing on Born to run as well as on some of the ballads on The Promise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, merlin said:

It's on the end of your gate.

:huh:

It was a bloomin' good post as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

It was a bloomin' good post as well.

Don't talk to me, yer in trouble!

:ph34r:

I've missed it when it was out, so i'll get to hear it after midnight is that right?

Don't know what to expect reading the comments so far haha

So i heard the few second pre view snippet clip. It sounds very WOAD, or maybe a little like Your Own Worst Enemy perhaps. Too hard to get enough from a few seconds though really. Very different from what I was expecting since Hello Sunshine

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, redwire said:

I find the arrangement quite creative and his voice fits well, it's definitely WOAD-ish but at the same time a totally different kind of song. I don't find the lyrics simplistic but just 'simple', like in tons of other songs we've heard and enjoyed in our mortal lives that they didn't exactly pave for us the highway to happiness, or redemption, or revolution. This one and Hello Sunshine are way better than I expected and I think this is gonna be a very interesting album. And I must say I'm pleased and relieved that Bruce apparently hasn't become a caricature of himself pretending to be a 30 yo who turns 70 in just 4 months.

I don’t get the WOAD thing. Yes, it’s melodically quite big and open but the sound is totally different instrumentally. Loads of interesting things going on whereas I always thought the sound on WOAD was too mushy to pick anything out.

I love WOAD apart from the first 3 songs by the way. Despise the title song. 

• Like 1

Nice strings but the song itself came as a bit of a surprise- not sure about it or how it will fit on the album alongside the first release. Certainly would have fitted in well on WOAD.

I have three comments;

Firstly, it sounds like it should have been sung by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap.

Secondly, I didn’t want Bruce to get old and make old person music but he seems to have.

Thirdly, if this is a single it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, greenhills said:

Nice strings but the song itself came as a bit of a surprise- not sure about it or how it will fit on the album alongside the first release. Certainly would have fitted in well on WOAD.

Think it follows HS on the track listing too.

It is a very different sounding song indeed.

Wow, what a gorgeous song! The vocal performance alone brought tears to my eyes!

• Like 4

This was the song title I was the most suspicious of. You start with a corny title, you're likely to write a corny song. It's definitely a different kind of song, but also not so far removed from a group of songs that includes Someday We'll Be Together, This Life, Girls In Their Summer Clothes and Kingdom Of Days. It absolutely sounds like a 70s am radio song and Bruce did describe the music that way. It won't be my favorite cut from the album, but after a handful of listenings, I do like it and think it's interesting. I think his voice sounds good.

What I'm more interested in hearing are the songs he described as character driven. Going by titles alone, I'm really eager to hear Hitch Hikin', The Wayfarer and Tucson Train.  I'm intrigued by Sleepy Joe's Cafe, also.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking this album may be one of those that's sequenced to tell a loose story, or an interconnected series of stories. We're hearing two tracks from near the end of a record and the way the titles are sequenced, it seems like it may be a record that starts out wandering, then settles into settling. Of course, that's pure speculation and nothing more.

Give us one of those high desert character songs next, Bruce, then bring on the album and let's hear what you've done.

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

This was the song title I was the most suspicious of. You start with a corny title, you're likely to write a corny song. It's definitely a different kind of song, but also not so far remove from a group of songs that includes Someday We'll Be Together, This Life, Girls In Their Summer Clothes and Kingdom Of Days. It absolutely sounds like a 70s am radio song and Bruce did describe the music that way. It won't be my favorite cut from the album, but after a handful of listenings, I do like it and think it's interesting. I think his voice sounds good.

What I'm more interested in hearing are the songs he described as character driven. Going by titles alone, I'm really eager to hear Hitch Hikin', The Wayfarer and Tuscon Train.  I'm intrigued by Sleepy Joe's Cafe, also.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking this album may be one of those that's sequenced to tell a loose story, or an interconnected series of stories. We're hearing two tracks from ear the end of a record and the way the titles are sequenced, it seems like it may be a record that starts out wandering, then settles into settling. Of course, that's pure speculation and nothing more.

Give us one of those high desert character songs next, Bruce, then bring on the album and let's hear what you've done.

I like those thoughts.

Did cross my mind whether it’s a concept album of sorts. I do hope so.

• Like 1