Sign in to follow this  
LoverInTheCold

Wings For Wheels '75 Audio

Here's a question for the Brucestorians out there that I'm trying to figure out:

I was always under the impression that there are only two circulating audio copies of Wings for Wheels (the early version of Thunder Road). Main Point and Widener. Both in '75. It looks like it may have been performed a few other times after those, but is there any audio of the other performances out there?

I ask mostly because I see a lot of lyric sites out there have lyric versions that use Christina/Christine/Chrissy instead of Angelina. 

I'm aware he used Christine in the BTR sessions on working versions of Thunder Road. So is that getting mistakenly attributed to Wings For Wheels? Or am I missing audio of a performance out there where it goes from Angelina to Christina?

Trying to put together a playlist of all Wings for Wheels and working versions of Thunder Road up to the final product, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

• Like 1

As mentioned in the OP, Bruce does sing "Chrissy" in the studio recording of the Wings For Wheels version of Thunder Road.

EDIT: I see now that has nothing to do with your question, really.

6 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

As mentioned in the OP, Bruce does sing "Chrissy" in the studio recording of the Wings For Wheels version of Thunder Road.

EDIT: I see now that has nothing to do with your question, really.

Are you referring to one of the early cuts of Thunder Road from the BTR sessions? There's one that uses Chrissy for sure but I guess I view that as closer to Thunder Road than Wings for Wheels. I think most of the lyrics are trending towards the finished product at least.

So I guess my question is still: is there another live version out there besides the two I'm aware of? 

So Amazons Alexa played Wings For Wheels the other. Caught me completely off guard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoverInTheCold said:

So I guess my question is still: is there another live version out there besides the two I'm aware of? 

No, not according to BB.

• Like 1

fall 1974, ‘Chrissie’s Song’, explicitly names Thunder Road; ‘Leave what you’ve lost, leave what’s grown cold Thunder Road’,

feb 75 angelina

mar-apr 75 chrissie

then mary