Sign in to follow this  
davemunday

Yankee Stadium

Heading to NYC over the weekend to watch the Sox whoop the Yankees ;) 

Has anyone been to Yankee Stadium and if so would you recommend the 400 section seats or the Bleachers?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, davemunday said:

Heading to NYC over the weekend to watch the Sox whoop the Yankees ;) 

Has anyone been to Yankee Stadium and if so would you recommend the 400 section seats or the Bleachers?

Thanks 

If you are going to root for the Red Sox in Yankee Stadium I would advise against doing so amidst the Bleacher Creatures ;) 

29 minutes ago, JimCT said:

If you are going to root for the Red Sox in Yankee Stadium I would advise against doing so amidst the Bleacher Creatures ;) 

all rooting and whooping will be very quiet :)

• Haha 1

@Jimmy James just noticed your avatar, going to take a big effort from your boys tonight and the rest of the series to stop 'Boston' holding 3/4 of the major league titles 

3 hours ago, davemunday said:

@Jimmy James just noticed your avatar, going to take a big effort from your boys tonight and the rest of the series to stop 'Boston' holding 3/4 of the major league titles 

You maybe right. What the Blues have been doing during these playoff's, have been wearing their opponents down. That is why I don't like to fact that there is two days off between travel day games in lieu of just one as the playoff's have played out so far. 

This town is so crazy about the Blues right now. Rightfully so. Shouldn't even be here. Worst team in Hockey January 21st!!   

15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You maybe right. What the Blues have been doing during these playoff's, have been wearing their opponents down. That is why I don't like to fact that there is two days off between travel day games in lieu of just one as the playoff's have played out so far. 

This town is so crazy about the Blues right now. Rightfully so. Shouldn't even be here. Worst team in Hockey January 21st!!   

As I was saying :) 

Great night at the Yankee stadium

Highlight, for some reason the guys behind were talking about the war of independence and one said to the other … "If we had lost we would be sat here drinking tea and not beer"

That's up there with the time I was in MacDonald's and was chatting to the lady behind the counter she asked where I was from I said "England" she said "I always wanted to go there, Paris looks lovely" … I had no answer 

Only ever witnessed one baseball game in my life and it was the Yankees playing at Yankee stadium. Pretty darn cool memory for me. :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Only ever witnessed one baseball game in my life and it was the Yankees playing at Yankee stadium. Pretty darn cool memory for me. :D

On one of my first excursions to the "new" Yankee stadium during the opening season I had the glory of service from an older usher. We got to talking during the game about the new park, how shiny it was, the upgrades vis-a vis the concessions, the bathrooms, entry/egress, seats, etc, and he looked at be very seriously, and said, "Sure, this is a beautiful stadium, but the old place was a BALLPARK!" I understood him completely.

• Like 3

There is only a couple "Ballparks" left.

Fenway and Wrigley 

• Like 1