Great stuff!

Your own stuff's better, Stevie, but fair play … I'd have been singing my head off if you'd played that in the Toon. :D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Your own stuff's better, Stevie,

No, it is not.

As a song writer Steve isn't even playing in the same league as Bruce.

42 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

As a song writer Steve isn't even playing in the same league as Bruce.

I don’t think anyone would argue with you on that point 

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I didn't post it because I liked it, I posted because there is nothing else to post. RIP LOHAD's. 

Matter as fact I think I'll keep posting stuff like this, until the LOHAD's is restored. :lol:

:(

:lol:

:wub:

fbbef946e6240ee5e2547e1481bf8f37.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

im 100 % sober

and i kind of LOVE it !!! 

Steve makes me smile 

good for him

deciples version of the trailer!! 

thanks for posting

im really enjoying it 

21 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Someone said it's a train wreck.

Right.

but its a happy train wreck :lol:

What is it in the song that makes some people doubt she's on the train? There's nothing ambiguous about the lyrics and on an album where not a single song flinches from loneliness and pain, I don't see why the one song of reconciliation would flinch from happiness. I don't hear anything in Tucson Train or the way it's sung to imply she isn't coming. The character is pretty straightforward and realistic about everything he says so I don't see her impending arrival as a fantasy or a false hope.

As for Steven's cover...I love the guy, I love his music, but that sucked shit. If he'd done a straightforward rendition, it might not have been so bad.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Eileen?

Bruce, at his best, is best.

I think I meant 'Stick to yer own songs, Stevie, cos that's where you shine' … but I was in a hurry.

Stevie knows she's not on that train.

If she was coming (which she's not) she would get on a train in the opposite direction after hearing that.

The positive i see from that clip is that it shows that the song could work in a Estreet with horns version.

• Haha 1

E-Street with horns. Sweet memories.

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I like it. He's spun the original to fit the style of his band and the theme of his shows.

Steve has publicly promoted and praised Western Stars on his travels. Now promoting his film, too.

Not noticed a single occasion when Bruce has done that for Steven's album and tour.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I like it. He's spun the original to fit the style of his band and the theme of his shows.

Steve has publicly promoted and praised Western Stars on his travels. Now promoting his film, too.

Not noticed a single occasion when Bruce has done that for Steven's album and tour.

To be fair it’s highly unlikely Stevie is breaking news in terms of Western Stars material given his audience. Agreed that it’s a nice touch as a mate though. 

I reckon Bruce has laid more than enough opportunity and platform for Stevie over the years.

I hope Eileen thanked him for what he’s done for Steve when she met him! (Insert smiley face thing here to indicate general playfullnes!) 

2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

What is it in the song that makes some people doubt she's on the train? There's nothing ambiguous about the lyrics and on an album where not a single song flinches from loneliness and pain, I don't see why the one song of reconciliation would flinch from happiness. I don't hear anything in Tucson Train or the way it's sung to imply she isn't coming. The character is pretty straightforward and realistic about everything he says so I don't see her impending arrival as a fantasy or a false hope.

As for Steven's cover...I love the guy, I love his music, but that sucked shit. If he'd done a straightforward rendition, it might not have been so bad.

im going with this then too !!!

how ever i loved Steve's  cover

his singing made me happy :lol:

i felt joy inside :D

not sure id enjoy a full album show though ;)

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I hope Eileen thanked him for what he’s done for Steve when she met him! (Insert smiley face thing here to indicate general playfullnes!) 

I thanked him for 'everything'.  :)

Then walked round the back of the building and let out a shout of pure joy.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I don't hear anything in Tucson Train or the way it's sung to imply she isn't coming. The character is pretty straightforward and realistic about everything he says so I don't see her impending arrival as a fantasy or a false hope.

Exactly right.  She’s definitely on the train, IMO.  Never was, nor is there now, a single doubt in my mind.  

• Like 2

The last thing he says is "here she comes" and I can't take that as a delusion or false-hope from a guy who's been soberingly straightforward and clear-headed for the preceding three minutes and twenty-eight seconds.

He's waiting on the 5:15. If there were any sort of hint in the song that he waits on the 5:15 every single day, I'd take him for a beer and a straight talk, but I'll just leave him be since his baby's coming in.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

3 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

The last thing he says is "here she comes" and I can't take that as a delusion or false-hope from a guy who's been soberingly straightforward and clear-headed for the preceding three minutes and twenty-eight seconds.

I love the joy and anticipation in his voice at the “here she comes.”  

He knows he F’d up.  Now he’s excited to show her a man can change.  

• Like 2

I agree with those who've said that 'she' is the train. Like ships … there she blows, etc. 

“It was one Sunday in July 1938. That was the day the grand streamlined engine Mallard, that I’d driven ever since it came new from the shops in March that year and looked upon almost as my own property, made, with me driving her and Tommy Bray as my fireman, the world’s record for high speed steam running. The record hasn’t been equalled to this day. We made it between Grantham and Peterborough on the LNER main line. I’d taken expresses along as well – 60, 70 or 80 mph but this day we were going to see just what we could do. When we drew away from Grantham, we had besides the train a dynamometer car containing a speed record and other instruments. I accelerated up the bank to Stroke Summit and passed Stoke box at 85. Once over the top I have Mallard her head and she jumped to it like a live thing. After three miles the speedometer in my cab showed 107 mph, then 108, 109, 110 –  getting near Silver Jubilee’s record of 113 I thought – I wonder if I can get past that – well, we’ll try, and before I knew it the needle was at 116mph and we’d got the record. They told me afterwards there was a deal of excitement in the dynamometer car and when the recorder showed 122 mph for a mile and a half it was at fever heat!”