Greasy Lake Community

Tucson Train out tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Pssst … some it is 'added', not 'left'. :)

Looking good, regardless.

I’ve never commented on that, but I guess since the mid-nineties Bruce’s hair has been... fake news. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really enjoyed the song! It sounds like a mix between the Devils & Dust sound and the E Street Band sound (BITUSA - TOL era and The Rising era) and I really like it! The instrumental melody is instantly catchy (just like the one in Dancing in the dark for example) and this will no doubt be a highlight on the album for me! Hope there will be more. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I’m still on the fence here. It comes close enough to remind me of Glen’s best work, but then it falls short. The weird thing is, because the Boss has made made some of my all time favorite songs, I have difficulty when it’s a a little less than that. I suspect I would have an easier time enjoying this material if it would have come from an artist I didn’t know before. Some of Bruce’s songwriting has matched the Wichita Lineman and with how beautiful this arrangement is, I wish Tucson Train would be more than “merely” a very good song. I want it to be exceptional. Does that make sense?

YES I AGREE

• Like 1

Tucson Train sounds like Seeger Sessions part 2 but with Bruce Springsteen originals (I mean this in a positive way).

As (almost) everybody says, by far the best song of the three released songs but also the  song which most sounds like Bruce Springsteen. The other two songs sound more like Bruce trying to do something a little bit different (not radical different).

Nothing of this meant to be negative; I like all three released songs and I am really looking forward to the new album.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Tucson Train sounds like Seeger Sessions part 2 but with Bruce Springsteen originals (I mean this in a positive way).

As (almost) everybody says, by far the best song of the three released songs but also the  song which most sounds like Bruce Springsteen. The other two songs sound more like Bruce trying to do something a little bit different (not radical different).

Nothing of this meant to be negative; I like all three released songs and I am really looking forward to the new album.

I didn't get the Seeger vibe...is there a banjo hidden in there somewhere?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cabbyian said:

I think Bruce looks more like Jerseyfornia everyday.........

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

No shit there goes his head. He already thinks he doesn't have to smile on camera! :P

You boys are weird.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

I've just been advised by a poster on BTX that the violinist (Joyce Hamman) seen at around the 2.12 mark is the same who played on The Angel in Buffalo in 2009. I think it is, I was at that Buffalo show and she wasn't namechecked at the time.

you are correct it us the legendary mystery Angel violia player and she wasn't publicly identified for some 7 or so years - theres an old post here where people thought it was a music professor from GA tech

Grown Men cried

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, BillyB said:

This is the best of the three released tunes....by far.

IMO of course.

I was about to launch on you until I saw the “IMO” added. It’s obligatory.

Carry on.

• Bruuuuce! 1

20 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I was about to launch on you until I saw the “IMO” added. It’s obligatory.

Carry on.

Of course it's just my opinion.  But in this case I know I'm right.

B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BillyB said:

I didn't get the Seeger vibe...is there a banjo hidden in there somewhere?

Don't even joke about that Billy ;)

we  have a french horn in its place :lol:

(30 years too late) 

• Like 1