CosmicKid

And the winner of the 4th Almost Annual Lakers Cover Bruce Contest is...

Congratulations @loverinthecold! Thanks a lot for this contest!

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Well done to everyone who put in a song and especially to the winner. Just need the ladies of the lake to get some stuff together next time around. Come on, you know you want to! :)

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

Dead last, yeah!  I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible.

Er, just to be clear, I’m laughing at your comment and not you finishing last! 

• Like 1

Congrats everyone! It’s been a pleasure. Congrats @LoverInTheCold. I knew when I listened to your cover even before you submitted it that it was going to go far. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

I forgot to vote. :(  But I was very indecisive anyway.  Thanks all for your contributions.  You are all winners to me.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Thanks, everyone! I'm honestly humbled to be in such great company. I very much loved each and every one of your selections and the time and care you took with them. Already looking forward to next year or even a year round thread devoted to covers. :)

• Like 5

Hey ho let's go !!! 

Congrats everyone !!! I am very proud to be near all of you. Great feeling to be part of this fan's contest with "strangers" who are not in fact... And thanks CosmicKid for the artwork, realy close to Bruce's new realese :D... 

• Like 3

Congratulations @LoverInTheCold....was brilliant!! and to everyone else too as i was in awe of all your fantastic entries...all winners!!! love the prIze too...great artwork :)

Congratulations to @LoverInTheCold, and of course to all other contesters. This train carries only winners (and a lot of talent). 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who voted for my version of Empty Sky. So close to getting that awesome t-shirt!

This song means a lot to me as I was present at the World Trade Center the morning of 9/11. Anything I ever sing from The Rising album is coming 100% straight from the heart. 

• Like 6

All my congratulations to @LoverInTheCold. You get that tune out of the vault and manage to give us a sober and very well executed rendition. Maybe I heard this song one day when listening to outtakes... but I really discover it through your cover.

Also all my congratulations to all other artists. I know how difficult and time-consuming it can be to re-invent and cover a song from an artist. And then to make it available for listening by huge fans of this artist ! From experienced to less-experienced musicians, playing with other musicians or with coping with their laptop and dedicated  software, it's a pleasure to listen to you.

And many thanks to CosmicKid for making that "contest" possible !

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Congratulations to one and all!!  Well done everyone! 

• Love Love Love! 1

Congratulations to the winner! Great stuff and thanks to all of you!  Keep singing :) 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Seeing as it's now the off-season, if any of the other participants post covers to Facebook or SoundCloud, feel free to look me up. I'd love to hear your continuing work.

I post a lot of Bruce covers on my FB and most of my own stuff on SoundClound personally.

facebook.com/jake.mathison

SoundCloud.com/jkmathison

Even if we never have a continuous covers thread here, it'd be cool to keep the camaraderie going!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Seeing as it's now the off-season, if any of the other participants post covers to Facebook or SoundCloud, feel free to look me up. I'd love to hear your continuing work.

I post a lot of Bruce covers on my FB and most of my own stuff on SoundClound personally.

Even if we never have a continuous covers thread here, it'd be cool to keep the camaraderie going!

Anyone can do it and ask for it to be sticked. I might get it started by cheating slightly and posting a version of You Can’t Sit Down that one of my bands recorded a good few years ago.

41 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Anyone can do it and ask for it to be sticked. I might get it started by cheating slightly and posting a version of You Can’t Sit Down that one of my bands recorded a good few years ago.

I would have started a thread but I didn't know how everyone felt or if it would damper next year's contest. Looking forward to your new cover!

3 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Great idea. There go my covers: https://soundcloud.com/joeljzg