Tom-Joad

The continuous Lakers cover Bruce thread

On 7/10/2019 at 3:46 AM, wolfinthepines said:

Any chance we can get this thread pinned before it falls of the edge of the world? To help resurrect it, here's my cover of Kingdom of Days:

Kingdom_of_Days.m4a 13.25 MB · 11 downloads

That is really nice! If that has been done for awhile why didn't you enter it in the "contest"? One of my favorite cover I've heard someone on the Lake do.

1 hour ago, Troublette said:

That is really nice! If that has been done for awhile why didn't you enter it in the "contest"? One of my favorite cover I've heard someone on the Lake do.

Thanks. Good question. I did do this one before the contest as it happens but it was one of many. I started recording some Bruce covers about a year ago. All kinds of stuff. The idea was to make my own ‘tribute’ album to mark the 20th anniversary of me seeing Bruce with the E Street Band. I have basically finished a good album or two’s worth of songs now. Just need to put it together. I’ll post links etc. when done and so anyone interested can have a listen/download if so inclined. Watch this space as they say.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:46 AM, wolfinthepines said:

Any chance we can get this thread pinned before it falls of the edge of the world? To help resurrect it, here's my cover of Kingdom of Days:

Kingdom_of_Days.m4a 13.25 MB · 14 downloads

I realized (let me know if I'm crazy) that the beat is close to Streets of Philadelphia.

4 hours ago, lilbud said:

I realized (let me know if I'm crazy) that the beat is close to Streets of Philadelphia.

Well, I don't know if it's exactly the same but it's certainly a drum machine. It wasn't intentional!

5 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Well, I don't know if it's exactly the same but it's certainly a drum machine. It wasn't intentional!

Yeah, try humming the Streets of Philadelphia beat over top of the drums and bass.

Bum-bum-bum tah ba dum bum tah

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

Yeah, try humming the Streets of Philadelphia beat over top of the drums and bass.

Bum-bum-bum tah ba dum bum tah

Indeed. I varied the beat in places but for the most part it unintentionally mirrors the SOP rhythm pattern. Good spot. Frankly, I'll take any comparisons with SOP! :P