Sign in to follow this  
SoulBoogieAlex

Dr John passed away

There’s a thread on the Endless Jukejoints forum.

I found it strange that Bruce didn’t say anything on the passing of Fats Domino. I find it even stranger that he hasn’t said anything about Dr. John’s.

I should wander around more :D

I wonder who the bigger influence was. I was quite surprised to see him participate in that tribute. I never thought the link was that strong. 

• Like 1

He was also in Ringo Starr’s original All Starr Band alongside Nils and Clarence, Joe Walsh, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Billy Preston, and Jim Keltner.  What a lineup.  And now five of them are no longer with us.

Oh I don't know, if anybody is going to get back up and do some zombie thing, it would likely be Dr. John. Hey, I'm not sayin' it will or should happen, I'm just sayin' you heard it hear first.

If he don't do it, somebody else will. I'm just sayin'.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I should wander around more :D

I wonder who the bigger influence was. I was quite surprised to see him participate in that tribute. I never thought the link was that strong. 

I’m not sure either of them influenced him very much. Bruce did play Let the Four Winds Blow and I’m Ready in the early 70’s. And I never quite understood whether Bruce’s Thrill Hill studio was named after Blueberry Hill.

I don’t think Bruce and Dr. John’s paths cross that much. And I was also surprised he was part of that tribute. A Night With the Jersey Devil does remind me a bit of Dr. John’s stuff.

As a native New Orleanian, his passing hits hard. We've lost quite of few of our local giants recently: Allen Toussaint, Fats and now The Night Tripper.  His stamp is all over the music of my hometown and he was a wonderful interpreter of some of the lesser known songs. His covers made these songs more famous than the original versions. He will be deeply missed. :(

• Like 2