What was the last song you heard Bruce play live?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following on from my previous thread of first songs you’ve heard Bruce play live.. what was the last song you heard him play?  Mine was This Hard Land on my 21st birthday in New York... We w

Feb 9 2017 Qudos Arena Sydney. Solo acoustic Thunder Road. Pin drop, hair standing up on back of neck performance on the Summer '17 Tour downunder. I KNOW many others say this was a "pointless to

thunder road solo acoustic at Nt Smart stadium on the last night of the 'summer' tour and he said THEY would be back , so despite the shorter show that felt hurried and rushed - the roadies

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Getting old ain't no joke.

The last song I heard him play live was Shout, not Twist And Shout.

Except at this stage, getting up from that “little bit softer now” is a killer... I think T&S is easier :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was This Hard Land, the second show in Milano, 2016.

I vividly remember thinking it was the last time I had seen him. 

• Like 5

Just realised that the last song I heard him play live is the same as the first - Thunder Road solo Paris 13th July 2016 (1st solo piano, last solo guitar). Fortunate the next day to  be able to have a chat with Bruce in the hotel and thank him for playing The River album in full - which he had failed to do for the previous 6 shows we went to on The River Tour.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hitchslap said:

Remember thinking that if I'd never get to see him and the band again, it'd be the perfect final song.

But screw that, bring on the 2020 tour! :)

I remember feeling just the same and telling myself it was ok, if it was over, then so be it. Who the hell was I kidding??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2