Greasy Lake Community

Champions League/Europa League 2020

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it more accurate to say that the best team in the world, at least based on current form (I'd love to watch a winner-take-all game between Bayern and Liverpool, wouldn't you? Bayern might be 60

Yes, Super Cup twice (winning one) plus 4 Champions League finals (winning two)  Plus one European Cup Winners Cup Final (won)  plus one Europa League final (won) 

Premier League champions Man City beat  La Liga's Real Madrid in Madrid. A deserved half time lead in the tie        

On 8/17/2020 at 4:36 PM, AMIW said:

So the glamorous Europa League final will be contested between teams from TSGLITW (Sevilla) and TTGLITW  (Inter Milan)

and the slighly less glamorous Champions League will be contested between teams from TFGLITW (Bayern) and T5GLITW (PSG)

4 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

So, PSG in the final but nobody has mentioned how it's bad for the "integrity" of the game.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/08/18/5f3c3fdb268e3ea2248b4581.html

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/more-than-a-billion-spent-over-since-takeover-psg-still-keep-failing-at-the-first-hurdle-in-the-champions-league

They showed City the playbook, overvalued sponsorships, and had their wrists slapped lightly, as did City. I wonder how the rest of the French league feels about them? ;) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Very fitting to see that the two finals will involve a team from each of the best leagues in Europe, GERMANY, SPAIN, FRANCE and ITALY.

I thought you would be happy after what happened last year when all four finalists were from TGLITW and your were inconsolable 

16 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Very fitting to see that the two finals will involve a team from each of the best leagues in Europe, GERMANY, SPAIN, FRANCE and ITALY.

I really hate the premier league at the moment, however i must say..

what an achievement last season was with all 4 final places featuring English Premier league teams

I guess your head was stuck way deep in the sand back then...again

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

I thought you would be happy after what happened last year when all four finalists were from TGLITW and your were inconsolable 

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous post

19 hours ago, AMIW said:

Yeah, but they all had so many really hard league fixtures this season that it affected their performances in Europe competition, something the other leagues apparently do not have.:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

. Champions of Spain once in 1946! 

Yeah, as I said elsewhere, it really is a shame that Spain only has two teams.:rolleyes:

Sevilla is one of the most successful clubs at the European level, winning the UEFA Europa League six times, more than any other European club. It is Spain's oldest sporting club solely devoted to football.[6][7][8][9] The club was formed on 25 January 1890,[6][7][8][9] with the Scottish born Edward Farquharson Johnston as their first president.

A record six UEFA Cups/UEFA Europa Leagues (2006, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2020) and the 2006 UEFA Super Cup. They were also designated by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics as the World's best club in 2006 and 2007, thus being the first club to achieve this distinction in two consecutive years.

18 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yeah, as I said elsewhere, it really is a shame that Spain only has two teams.:rolleyes:

Sevilla is one of the most successful clubs at the European level, winning the UEFA Europa League six times, more than any other European club. It is Spain's oldest sporting club solely devoted to football.[6][7][8][9] The club was formed on 25 January 1890,[6][7][8][9] with the Scottish born Edward Farquharson Johnston as their first president.

A record six UEFA Cups/UEFA Europa Leagues (2006, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2020) and the 2006 UEFA Super Cup. They were also designated by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics as the World's best club in 2006 and 2007, thus being the first club to achieve this distinction in two consecutive years.

So, are you saying the Europa League is a very good cup to win  and it means a lot ?

I think this is the first European Cup tie I've watched since last year's final.

As the saying goes "the game's needing a goal".

Waiting on Bayern for a treble but it's nae for a big lift so just looking for a decent game 

I dunno, modern fitba.....

Things that were mantras when I was a lad....."last man never plays a square ball across his own box"......."one touch inside your own area".......they're just gone now.