Sign in to follow this  
newcastle roy

The Official 2019/20 Premier League thread

Ok anyone care to explain why var or the ref or the linesman didn’t disallow the first southampton goal

every angle shows the attacker punching the ball forward 

even Arsene Wenger would have seen that one

44 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Ok anyone care to explain why var or the ref or the linesman didn’t disallow the first southampton goal

every angle shows the attacker punching the ball forward 

even Arsene Wenger would have seen that one

Because they have it in for Watford? ;)

And his father played for WHU for 21 years, too, and watched the game. 33YO, never give up :) 

• Like 1

Meanwhile in the stands there was crying too as super frank Lampards kids were beaten by the team his father played for for 18 years I assume frank sr was at the game too.

Sitting here thinking "this Norwich side is pretty decent" and then I check the league table and think "my god Arsenal is horrible". 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 8:40 AM, AMIW said:

and then a bonus round of midweek games also LIverpool free

Don will also note that Chelsea are overlooked on both rounds too

Tuesday, December 3

Burnley vs. Man City, 3:15pm, NBCSN,

Wednesday, December 4

Man United vs. Spurs, 2:30pm,  - the EVil Cheese derby

Thursday, December 5

Arsenal vs. Brighton, 3:15pm, NBCSN

Reminder midweek football for those of you who don't support liverpool or chelsea

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

Reminder midweek football for those of you who don't support liverpool or chelsea

Andrew, here in the UK, the only place to see these round of games live is on Amazon Prime Video, who have the exclusive rights and are showing ALL fixtures in this round of games, first time this has happened as far as I am aware, Amazon Prime Video also have ALL the Boxing Day fixtures and one game on 27th.,Then on 1st and 2nd January BT Sport have exclusive rights to ALL the games on those days....sign of things to come I think.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Andrew, here in the UK, the only place to see these round of games live is on Amazon Prime Video, who have the exclusive rights and are showing ALL fixtures in this round of games, first time this has happened as far as I am aware, Amazon Prime Video also have ALL the Boxing Day fixtures and one game on 27th.,Then on 1st and 2nd January BT Sport have exclusive rights to ALL the games on those days....sign of things to come I think.

Ridiculous state of affairs really but the way things are moving. Increasingly fractured way of watching sport.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Easy predictions for this one :-

Champions - Man City (by end of October again)

Rest all playing to scrimp together 40 points at all costs so they can get another piece of the cake next season.

Looking good ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Not often I say this...but I agree with you. Money is killing the game.

• Thanks 1

I remember when the Boxing Day tradition involved actually going to a match rather than discussing which network was showing games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I remember when the Boxing Day tradition involved actually going to a match rather than discussing which network was showing games.

Aye, agreed. The Boxing day match was always one of the season highlights for me, especially if it was an away game. Christmas day was always wished over quick.:lol:

As recently as the 70s we had games on Christmas Day in Scotland.

The New Year fixture was always a bigger game up hear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagicRatAFC said:

As recently as the 70s we had games on Christmas Day in Scotland.

The New Year fixture was always a bigger game up hear.

Must be some drink consumed new years Eve and New year's Day in bonny Scotland :o

Some very concerning rumours about Rodgers considering the Arsenal job offer if it came. 

Would be outrageous if he cast this great Leicester team aside.

Surely not. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Some very concerning rumours about Rodgers considering the Arsenal job offer if it came. 

Surely not. 

Seems to me a silly thing to do with one team on a roll an the other struggling.  I mean if there is a big pile of money on the table I sort of get it but you'd think he'd give Leicester at least the right of first refusal.  

33 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Surely not. 

He always wanted Liverpool to win the league :D

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Must be some drink consumed new years Eve and New year's Day in bonny Scotland :o

Just a few sociable ones Roy..... 

I can't do the real marathons any more.

My record when I was a lad was not making my bed until 3.00a.m. ......... on the 2nd.

I don't know if it still goes on, but "1st footing" was the order of the day back then.

Basically, this involved going house to house (of people you knew........... mostly) and giving them a dram from your bottle(s).

A crowd of us would undertake this, then we had this tradition, about 6.00a.m. we'd head to my pal's Ma and Da's place, about 8 miles out of town, for breakfast, usually a fry up and a nice malt........ accompanied by easy listening music, his Dad was big into his crooners.

Thereafter, about opening time, fleet of taxis back into town, quick pint someplace, then back to the first footing.

Happy days, but by fuck it'd kill me now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’ve a funny feeling he’ll do it this year with Leicester you know. 

I hope so, i've got a tenner on Leicester at 33/1