Sign in to follow this  
newcastle roy

The Official 2019/20 Premier League thread

5 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Cripes can we just send New Castle down now and save everybody involved the pain and embarrassment?

When you say "we" who do you mean ?

And when you say "everybody involved in the pain and embarrassment" who also do you mean ? 

New Castle or as i prefer to call them.. Newcastle United are going down, that fate was sealed when the cabbage faced prick steve bruce took over from Rafa. 

steve bruce as crap as he is, is not the problem mike ashley is. The national press will eventually suss it out.

Radio 5 amazing let one Mag sound off, doubt it will get that much publicity

Cripes ! :D

On 9/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, AMIW said:

Summer tell me about it..

atlanta has an average of 37 90 degree days a year... yesterday was the 87th day over 90... feels like I am in Phoenix with don

Not even close.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, newcastle roy said:

When you say "we" who do you mean ?

And when you say "everybody involved in the pain and embarrassment" who also do you mean ? 

New Castle or as i prefer to call them.. Newcastle United are going down, that fate was sealed when the cabbage faced prick steve bruce took over from Rafa. 

steve bruce as crap as he is, is not the problem mike ashley is. The national press will eventually suss it out.

Radio 5 amazing let one Mag sound off, doubt it will get that much publicity

Cripes ! :D

In this case the "we" and "everybody" means every football fan everywhere regardless of allegiance. When I was chatting w. a friend about the game I used phrases like "the roof fell in" and "it all went sideways" but yesterday there were commentators using worlds like "quit", "gave up" and "disgrace".  That seems a bit harsh IMO and I feel badly for the players and I feel awful for their fans. but... that was a painful performance and I certainly lacked any style or elan and that is on the manager IMO.  As for the rest... yeah, the ultimate responsibility is on the owner.  If Newcastle* get sent down I don't see how he gets the $300M for the team (the figure I've heard tossed around) and you would think the stupid bastard would grasp he's destroying his own asset.  Or maybe, like you seem to speculate, he's betting they coming in fourth from bottom and that's good enough.  

*(got that bit of autocorrect sorted I think)

this week no friday or monday footie :angry:

and again no Chelsea so that means a 5am drive across the desert for @Mission Man in AZ:(

Saturday, October 5

Brighton vs. Spurs, 7:30am, NBCSN, Universo,

Liverpool vs. Leicester, 10am, NBCSN, Universo,

West Ham vs. Crystal Palace, 12:30pm, NBC,

Sunday, October 6

Man City vs. Wolves, 9am, NBCSN, Universo,

Arsenal vs. Bournemouth, 9am, CNBC,

Newcastle vs. Man United, 11:30am, NBCSN, Telemundo,

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, AMIW said:

this week no friday or monday footie :angry:

and again no Chelsea so that means a 5am drive across the desert for @Mission Man in AZ:(

Saturday, October 5

Brighton vs. Spurs, 7:30am, NBCSN, Universo,

Liverpool vs. Leicester, 10am, NBCSN, Universo,

West Ham vs. Crystal Palace, 12:30pm, NBC,

Sunday, October 6

Man City vs. Wolves, 9am, NBCSN, Universo,

Arsenal vs. Bournemouth, 9am, CNBC,

Newcastle vs. Man United, 11:30am, NBCSN, Telemundo,

Some potentially interesting matches there.  I think there is real hope for a good game w. Liverpool.  

My TV guide Now listing chelsea and not man city 7 nil win for the early game tomorrow

The online guide still lists man city though... get up or lie in decisions

Pretty early yet but...

You look at Liverpool's last minute win yesterday and Wolves playing MC hard and maybe scratching out a draw and you come up with a four point swing this weekend.  Could be the league title right here.  I know, I know... but right now Liverpool have that look and feel and MC doesn't.  

EDIT: Well f*ck me.  Make that a 5 point swing.

In better news... over the last two seasons I have been slowly converting a hockey fan to the beautiful game (it translates pretty well actually) and have gotten her to regularly tune in to Premier League mornings (the WWC helped a bit as well).  Last night we were talking football and she told me that after two years she was ready to declare a team.  It would have been easy for her to pick MC or Liverpool or one of the bigger London clubs and fair enough.  Nope.  She's gone for West Ham.  

I was so chuffed I damned near cried.  

Memo to EPL officals: when two players bang into each other it's not always a foul by the bigger/stronger player.  

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

In better news... over the last two seasons I have been slowly converting a hockey fan to the beautiful game (it translates pretty well actually) and have gotten her to regularly tune in to Premier League mornings (the WWC helped a bit as well).  Last night we were talking football and she told me that after two years she was ready to declare a team.  It would have been easy for her to pick MC or Liverpool or one of the bigger London clubs and fair enough.  Nope.  She's gone for West Ham.  

Is she planning on eating jellied eels?

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

Is she planning on eating jellied eels?

I don't know but I did tell her about those pies in the green sauce and she was pretty enthusiastic about that so maybe.  

A lot of the shops around the Boleyn ground closed when west ham moved to the commonwealth running track... when I went to the ground the pie and mash was one of the high points of horrible trip across london

did try jellied eels once did not care for them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

A lot of the shops around the Boleyn ground closed when west ham moved to the commonwealth running track... when I went to the ground the pie and mash was one of the high points of horrible trip across london

did try jellied eels once did not care for them

I've never had pie and mash but the first time I saw it on TV I wanted it.  Just looking at it I knew I'd like it; I REALLY need to get to London for many reasons and that's near the top of the list.  I'd try the eels but I don't have much hope for them - though I do like grilled eel so you never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Here's her Christmas present  then :D 

747282786_ScreenShot2019-10-06at13_52_36.thumb.png.6ef709a90adc4ddbaf39ad40741b42ea.png

or a stocking stuffer :D 

1178803265_ScreenShot2019-10-06at13_53_48.png.3a8774aa082c508a2d254f041aa5bf08.png

• Haha 2

So which team is worse off, Spurs or Man U?

Just now, JimCT said:

So which team is worse off, Spurs or Man U?

Man U by a mile.  Spurs need freshening up a bit... Man U needs a rebuild.  

I would go the other way and say spurs because they have all their players available whereas Man U have a lot of players out injured so they at least have an excuse

• Like 1

No footie in the TGLITW this weekend so you will have to engage with family members pets or the voices in your head

• Haha 1

only 1 game on sunday again :( and Don's beloved Chelsea are overlooked yet again :angry:

Saturday, October 19

Everton vs. West Ham, 7:30am, NBCSN, 

Spurs vs. Watford, 10am, NBCSN, Universo, 

Crystal Palace vs. Man City, 12:30pm, NBC, 

Sunday, October 20

Man United vs. Liverpool, 11:30am, NBCSN, 

Monday, October 21

Sheffield United vs. Arsenal, 3pm, NBCSN, 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, AMIW said:

only 1 game on sunday again :( and Don's beloved Chelsea are overlooked yet again :angry:

Saturday, October 19

Everton vs. West Ham, 7:30am, NBCSN, 

Spurs vs. Watford, 10am, NBCSN, Universo, 

Crystal Palace vs. Man City, 12:30pm, NBC, 

Sunday, October 20

Man United vs. Liverpool, 11:30am, NBCSN, 

Monday, October 21

Sheffield United vs. Arsenal, 3pm, NBCSN, 

I... I think the game of the week is Everton - West Ham...  

Maybe Arsenals glorious chaos will give us a show on Monday.