NoSurrender81

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

Somebody who worked on one of the albums tweeted today 

Thanks to a heads-up from member Tadd Igarashi, we have an update about Gary’s work on the new Bruce Springsteen CD. The Springsteen folks have decided to put the tracks Gary just recorded with Bruce on a Springsteen Boxed Set which they said they will release around Christmastime this year. They had too much material to release it all on one CD. Western Stars will be released June 14, but it contains older tracks, many of which were recorded several years ago. So we’ll have to wait awhile longer!

• Love Love Love! 1

2 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

How do we know it's Tracks 2 and not for example the Born in The U.S.A. box set?

Someone who knows  Confirmed it is indeed tracks 2 , nothing else  not an expanded western stars not a BITUSA. Tracks 2

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Someone who knows  Confirmed it is indeed tracks 2 , nothing else  not an expanded western stars not a BITUSA. Tracks 2

I'll believe if IF I see it.

Which I doubt will happen. "someone who knows"? as in "somebody in the know" or "in the circle" etc.?

You know by now that phrase usually doesn't mean a thing.

• Like 1

Reading through that page it looks more likely to be Tracks 2 with this Gary person featuring on drums for some Western Stars outtakes - there's no reason this guy, and not Max, would be playing on the BITUSA box I wouldn't have thought.

Very exciting stuff, though, if Tracks 2 were to happen - if there was to be another E Street album recorded this Autumn and released early next year there could be a cracking tour in store!

• Like 1

So that's Tracks 2 and another ESB album being recorded and released before the end of the year ?

Sounds too good to be true.

• Like 1

its the little things that count !

lonely night in the park

Chevrolet delux

but careful what you wish for

keep the Nebraska outtakes back for a celebration of that record along with the electric Nebraska disk 

spontaneous combustion could be on the cards 

28 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

So that's Tracks 2 and another ESB album being recorded and released before the end of the year ?

Sounds too good to be true.

The new E Street album will not be coming out until next year no one has ever said it’s coming out this year

22 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

The new E Street album will not be coming out until next year no one has ever said it’s coming out this year

I was literally just thinking the same thing. I believe he said something to the effect of begining to record an album in the fall. My guess would be we could potentially see the new E Street album in the spring or summer with a tour kicking off shortly after. Again, this is just my guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junglelander said:

@LoverInTheCold I believe we were just talking about this lol

It better have Homestead on it! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoverInTheCold said:

It better have Homestead on it! :)

Indeed it better

Whether it's a Born in the U.S.A. box set or Tracks 2... PROTECTION AND UNSATISIFED HEART OR BUST!!!!!!

Sir, I am a pilgrim....

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

'Luckytwn' on BTX confirmed that they have been working on this project for a while, that it's definitely not a Western Stars deluxe/expanded type deal but a big box set, and that it is a safe bet that it will be more than 4 cds. The new E Street album Bruce wants to record could derail plans to release this, but it seems like the plan at the moment is to release this for Christmas.

Seems like we're really being spoiled this and next year!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Apologies...should have said ESB album recorded this year.

8 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

also the regular media is taking this up. They confuse "start recording new record with ESB" with the release of it.....

Beware: last time Tracks II was rumored, we got High Hopes instead... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Frank said:

That’s what you get for having “High Hopes” for something:D...ok, not funny...my apologies 

• Like 1

I can’t help but think little drummer boy will be getting told to shut his trap by Bruce Inc! A shame!!  

We need more loose lips. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Well, it IS Tracks 2 in truth.