NoSurrender81

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

49 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Well, it IS Tracks 2 in truth.

In this case, it’s four CDs too short. Maybe five. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

It is sometimes said The Promise is Tracks 2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Beware: last time Tracks II was rumored, we got High Hopes instead... 

And first time Tracks 2 was rumoured we got the Seeger Sessions album.

(Which I like)

13 minutes ago, Lampi said:
2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

It is sometimes said The Promise is Tracks 2.

And there's the bonus disc of the Essential compilation. 
Add them all together and there are your four discs for Tracks 2.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rizla said:

And there's the bonus disc of the Essential compilation. 
Add them all together and there are your four discs for Tracks 2.

You’d be still down to three (at best). ;)

12 minutes ago, Frank said:

You’d be still down to three (at best). ;)

Tracks also had the not-so-great (with a few notable exceptions) Disc 4.

Just now, Lampi said:

Which is stellar compared to HH.

But there’s no reason to continue on this theme. 

• Haha 1

I have a feeling that a tracks 2 would start at the end of Tracks 1. He picked what he felt was the best of the material up till then and has released cuts that did not make the box elsewhere. He probably has enough stashed since then for a 2nd tracks. 

Happy to be proved wrong..

Do you all think it would include the hip hop album from the early 90s, electric Nebraska and pre e street band material?

7 minutes ago, procdoc said:

Do you all think it would include the hip hop album from the early 90s, electric Nebraska and pre e street band material?

the hip hop one was one of the releases I had in mind above.

The 1994 'electronic', 'hip hop" album was apparently a finished album ready for release. Why not release It is a stand-alone 'lost" album? As High Hopes could be released as a 'proper'  album then this album also.

Some of the 1994 songs (like Nothing Man and songs from the Greatest Hits sessions)  are probably/certain allready released in different new versions.

And Electric Nebraska (if it exists) is something for the Nebraska box/re-release.

But maybe the mysterieus early 1987 sessions with country musicians could be something for Tracks 2.

And pre-Greetings stuff for which Bruce apparently did not own the copyrights  (yet) in 1998 (reason the first 4 songs on Tracks are songs from Greetings).

2 minutes ago, procdoc said:

I would kill for a pristine version of ‘The Wind And The Rain’

....in The Archive Series in a live version.

I think Steel Mill only recorded 3 songs in the studio.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Which is stellar compared to HH.

But there’s no reason to continue on this theme. 

I know I'm in the few, but I'll take High Hopes over Disc 4 any day of the week. 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I know I'm in the few, but I'll take High Hopes over Disc 4 any day of the week. 

Don’t worry. Everybody knows you’re in the few... ;)

Ok, let’s stop it (me first).  Let’s forget the terrible mistake HH was and enjoy WS as it deserves.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Disc 4 is probably my favorite disc off of tracks. I’m a fan of the late 80’s and Human Touch and Luckytown era though

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

7 hours ago, EFC Refugee said:

I have a feeling that a tracks 2 would start at the end of Tracks 1. He picked what he felt was the best of the material up till then and has released cuts that did not make the box elsewhere. He probably has enough stashed since then for a 2nd tracks. 

Happy to be proved wrong..

lonely night in the park better me on tracks 2 

• Like 1

tracks 2 would be a good warm up to a B ITUSA box ....just in time for an ESB tour

followed 6 months latter my a Nevraska extravaganza 

but i guess if Tracks 2 is for Christmas they will continue to go for the Christmas market ?

2 hours ago, Junglelander said:

Disc 4 is probably my favorite disc off of tracks. I’m a fan of the late 80’s and Human Touch and Luckytown era though

my 2 favourite retrospective releases would be tracks 4 and the essentials bonus disk

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

With the exception of Happy...I agree with you.

Disc 4 of Tracks just has too many tuneless dirges and plodders on it. 

Can never understand why High Hopes gets such a hard time from so many. For me It's a great collection of outtakes and cover versions. A couple of clunkers as you would expect, but some really great songs on it as well.

• Like 2

i was so impressed with tracks, i had never seen a boxed set before and it came with all the lovelly pictures. 

it was the bad old days when JLM had only a partial world map 

the shop had to import tracks in for me (and when i went back for 18 tracks that was just flat out not available - so i had to fork out exorbitant shipping from Backstreets)

because unfortunately the tracks box had no The Promise  that i had discovered and fell in love with from LINYC dvd and i had been very sad it wasn't on the LINYC CD :(

if tracks one was originally 6 disks, 18 tracks was a missed opportunity (for the fans) :( if we think about what else must have got culled

i have a strange sampler one disk promo from Tracks i picked up from slow boat records in Cuba st Wellimgton one wet winter's day - its tucked away in a safe place somewhere ....?:D

5 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

With the exception of Happy...I agree with you.

Disc 4 of Tracks just has too many tuneless dirges and plodders on it. 

Can never understand why High Hopes gets such a hard time from so many. For me It's a great collection of outtakes and cover versions. A couple of clunkers as you would expect, but some really great songs on it as well.

high hopes got NZ tour dates so it is dear to my heart despite the ' communist element'

the Australian promoter cruely and arrogantly would not bring WB across the ditch 

but i love disk 4

one of my favourite Bruce songs is loose change but i also love Happy and also trouble in paradise, when the lights go out and give it a name 

the highlight of the essentals bonus disk is missing and im still inquisitive regarding the lost hip hop inspired album - 

also a bit like that alternative album from the river box set id like to know the lost ESB record from between LINYC and the Rising ....you know if the JLM police have their spies out today