NoSurrender81

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

1 minute ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

If people make up impossibly crazy crap and claim to have super secret inside sources for their crazy crap, maybe.

Guessing about stuff is fun, claiming you are in the know when you aren't is just internet trolling

Welp, it was a fun thread (for the most part) while it last then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

If people make up impossibly crazy crap and claim to have super secret inside sources for their crazy crap, maybe.

Guessing about stuff is fun, claiming you are in the know when you aren't is just internet trolling

Then I'm reporting this guy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Then I'm reporting this guy.

Huh? That’s not me! Leaked? That’s not my post....

thats me who started the original thread about the archive series, but I never claimed to have sources! I don’t know anybody! :(

• Like 1

Don't worry. I was only reporting @Promise61.

He'll probably be banned for life.

16 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Welp, it was a fun thread (for the most part) while it last then. 

id weed my pants a few times 

so am i getting electric Nebraska for Christmas or was it the biggest wind up ever 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, musicdav24 said:

Huh? That’s not me! Leaked? That’s not my post....

thats me who started the original thread about the archive series, but I never claimed to have sources! I don’t know anybody! :(

Never mind @Jerseyfornia, he's just trying his hand at some of that internet trolling before the Lake implodes unto itself. 

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Some guy said they're finishing up the Tom Morello guitar overdubs as we speak.

lucky my funny bone is tuned in today :lol:

8 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Don't worry. I was only reporting @Promise61.

He'll probably be banned for life.

Banned for life?  Oh, not again!

• Haha 2

He just released a Netflix album; an album of new material; a movie basically about him and now a Western Stars flick -  and there’s to be a new album next year.

I seriously doubt they’ll flood the market with a box of these old jems.

brad 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

Then they could release a VERY BIG Born In The U.S.A. box in 2020 and a nice little Nebraska 'box' -maybe only a 2CD or 3CD set- as Christmas release this year.

• Bruuuuce! 1

22 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Not crazy, we deleted a few unsubstantiated claims that have no support except the ramblings of a person with questionable motives.

When we hear something more definitive about Tracks 2, I am sure we will discuss it endlessly.

But we aren't willing to let someone wind up everyone's expectations with a post like "some guy said" and cause others to think there is even a thread of truth in it, simply because they "saw it on Greasy Lake"

Thanks for the explanation - glad to know I wasn’t going crazy!!

A bloke in the know tells me Bruce is FINALLY releasing the lost Cumbrian tight-throat singing album.

• Bruuuuce! 1

I have no clue, but it would be a very strange moment to release Tracks II. I mean, Bruce has just released a stunning album (which deserves its place in the sun IMHO); a movie (with a probable DVD) is coming soon; a SOB DVD is probably coming as well; and on the top of all this, Bruce claims he has new E Street material to be recorded on the fall (with a tour for 2020). And that’s even without mentioning a Born in the USA boxset. I’d be surprised if they chose to go with Tracks II instead.

• Like 4

The funny thing about Tracks 2 is I don't think I could ever enjoy it as much as Tracks.

Yet I await it with eager anticipation. Even though its release is likely to be posthumous. 

Which must mean I am wishing Bruce to be dead, to listen to something that won't be as good as I hoped. 

17 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

He just released a Netflix album; an album of new material; a movie basically about him and now a Western Stars flick -  and there’s to be a new album next year.

brad 

Not sure about a Netflix album, you mean SOB soundtrack?  (by the way, how much dust is that gathering on shelves?) The Blinded By The Light movie was embraced and promoted by camp Springsteen but it is not his product. The Western Stars movie is an album length video accompaniment. The only genuinely new product is the brilliant Western Stars album, which is of course 6 years old.  

There are (previously reliable) sources on The Other Place that suggest that this has been being worked on for a number of years. I would have imagined that a new E-Street album and a tour behind it would take priority though.

An announcement must be imminent if there is to be a mid November release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, risingaurora said:

Not sure about a Netflix album, you mean SOB soundtrack?  (by the way, how much dust is that gathering on shelves?) The Blinded By The Light movie was embraced and promoted by camp Springsteen but it is not his product. The Western Stars movie is an album length video accompaniment. The only genuinely new product is the brilliant Western Stars album, which is of course 6 years old.  

Good points my friend and all true; especially regarding the SOB record. 

I was thinking that his name is all over the media in 2019 one way or the other so perhaps they wouldn’t want anymore. Why? Because 2020 will be even bigger.

Ive been on this train since I’m 10 (1980) and I’m dumbfounded as to the lack of promotion for WS! Where the heck was a song or two on late night TV? His typical Rolling Stone cover, etc.

All I can think of is that they (Landau Management) are waiting for next year. One thing I do know is this: They know what they’re doing! His PR team does a great job - however, one thing I have ALWAYS bitched about since 1992 is they’re choice of single to release first for the radio, etc. It’s almost as if they don’t want new radio play? Hence, if they wanted really good PR - then “Let’s Be Friends” and "Girls In Summer Clothes” would be all over the radio. 

Didn't mean to go off topic,

Brad

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lampi said:

Then they could release a VERY BIG Born In The U.S.A. box in 2020 and a nice little Nebraska 'box' -maybe only a 2CD or 3CD set- as Christmas release this year.

Hey Lamp - believe me when I say "I hope I’m wrong” .... all I want is a fantastic version of “Protection” and "Sugarland”

lol,

Brad

• Like 2

Protection sounds pretty perfect on the Lost Masters. Sugarland acoustic is pretty close.

• Like 1