NoSurrender81

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

6 hours ago, risingaurora said:

Not sure about a Netflix album, you mean SOB soundtrack?  (by the way, how much dust is that gathering on shelves?) The Blinded By The Light movie was embraced and promoted by camp Springsteen but it is not his product. The Western Stars movie is an album length video accompaniment. The only genuinely new product is the brilliant Western Stars album, which is of course 6 years old.  

Not technically correct. It was started 6 years ago, but some recording was done last year also and the years in between. A better line would be WS was started 6 years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old English Town said:

There are (previously reliable) sources on The Other Place that suggest that this has been being worked on for a number of years. I would have imagined that a new E-Street album and a tour behind it would take priority though.

In a private group on Facebook I am a member of there was a post from someone who would know that work was going on in the background about Tracks 2 and was first posted 3 years ago. 

well just so long as we get tracts 2 in everybody's lifetime please 

none of us are getting any younger 

• Thanks 1

30 Days Out; the original, slow version of The Promise (the version famous from bootlegs); Crazy Rocker; fast version; of Point Blank; alternatieve Blood Brothers (just like Electric Blood Brothers far superior to Greatest Hits version). And Preachers Daughter as said.

Protection, Sugarland, Drop On Down And Cover Me etc. ( And alternatieve versions of songs from the BUSA era (original version of Janey Don't You..., acoustic version of Cynthia, original long version of the song BUSA,  Glory Days with extra verse etc.)) more likely on BUSA Box.

Original Electric version of Pony Boy and original acoustic version of Real Man without keyboards and with alternatief great lyrics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sod your "Preacher's Daughter" and "Protection", to fuck with the likes of "30 Days Out", "Crazy Rocker", "Sugarland" "Drop On Down And Cover Me", because I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Give me "Arabian Nights", or give me death. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Cremation or internment?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Some, or most of them, -'Hammond-demos-era' songs from Early Years, Before The Fame etc.-will be on it too (probably) as Bruce did not own the rights to those songs in 1998 but he owns them now.  (This reason the pre-Greetings songs on Tracks were demo versions of Greetings songs).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Some, or most of them, -'Hammond-demos-era' songs from Early Years, Before The Fame etc.-will be on it too (probably) as Bruce did not own the rights to those songs in 1998 but he owns them now.

There is some great stuff on there.  Really great.

I've said it before because I repeat myself because I repeat myself, but I think ALL of this early stuff should be rounded up and offered to us in the Archive Series.  Everything up to the BTR sessions,  and that will make everything neat and tidy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Is mummification an option? For the bantz?

They have pyramids in Italy

1024px-Pyramid_of_Cestius_by_road.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

And I think ALL of this early stuff should be rounded up and offered to us in the Archive Series.

And original and no overdubs as 1) No overdubs anyway and 2) 70-year old Bruce doing vocal overdubs on In his early 20s Bruce would be ridiculous beyond words.

• Like 1

Chevrolet delux ! 

why was it left off the river box ???

also its the little things that count

(i don't mind 70 year old Bruce over dubs on that)

but if its tracks 2 i don't want by beloved Nebraska outtakes on it because i still want my Nebraska box set 

Rumours on the dark side are that it will be a box set of lost albums, or material recorded for albums which were never finished or released, as opposed to the original Tracks approach of collecting outtakes from the released albums.

On the plus side, potentially a lot of material that has never been bootlegged or heard by us previously. On the negative, less chance of a 'mopping up exercise' through the years originally covered by Tracks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I want songs like The Chosen on it. And all the other mystery titles in the E Street Shuffle book, above ANY and all circulating outtakes.

(That even means over I'm Going Back or Preacher's Daughter, though I'd like them too)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well just so long as we get tracts 2 in everybody's lifetime please 

none of us are getting any younger 

And please fucking release both Winterland shows already for God's sake, and any shows professionally recorded from 1976 or 1977 they may have, the Vietnam Vets show if they fucking have it, more 1975 shows (The Bottom Line? TELL US!!!!!!!) and also some great '81 tour shows, mixed a whole lot better than Wembely was, and at least one with Trapped.

I just want more live shows not going later than 1981; I can enjoy later, but give us the BEST first, please. Time IS getting late for some of us. (and the post-reunion era [this includes 1999] has been covered MUCH better than the best years, the '70s)

(DON'T GIVE US 10/23/99! WE ALREADY FUCKING HAVE IT!)

And yes, Tracks 2 is only....it was gonna come out in 2006! Damn fucking Seeger Sessions album and tour killed it (it's not the music I hate, but what a horrible, horrible trade-off for Tracks 2!), Bruce couldn't go back afterward to finish it ("he doesn't owe us anything" say some; True, so you'd rather not hear these lost songs? Please, put them OUT already!

• Love Love Love! 1

Oh - I saw now this thread was started by No Surrender81.

It doesn't mean a thing about it actually coming out then.

He often gives false hopes when he wishes for something. Can't blame someone for wanting something, like this coming out, but don't make your wishes for it the FACT that BECAUSE you want it, it WILL come out!

It likely won't, not this year.

Maybe Xmess 2020, who knows...:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If there ever is a Tracks 2 or just a belated BTR outtake set I would like to hear mainly the alternate takes of Jungleland and Backstreets, The middle Eastern style take of Jungleland and the magical choral ending take deserve to be widely heard. Backstreets with strings and any of the Thunder Road alternates would be essential too.

• Like 1

Thunder Road with saxofoon opening...

(Too long ago I heard that version to remember how it goes and if it is any good)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Thunder Road with saxofoon opening...

(Too long ago I heard that version to remember how it goes and if it is any good)

That would be track 3 on the 'war and roses' set I think.It sounds a little quiet on there but a restored version would be good for release.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spanish Juannie said:

That would be track 3 on the 'war and roses' set I think.It sounds a little quiet on there but a restored version would be good for release.

Many, if not all, of those things are on the Godfather bootleg Running Out Of Innocence (2 CD with WIESS and Born To Run outtakes).

Some weird things too like Born To Run with female backing vocals and Night with double lead vocals (again I can not remember now how it goes except that it sounds rather weird).

Backstreets with strings is awesome...I think you can still get it on YouTube.

• Bruuuuce! 2