NoSurrender81

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

9 hours ago, Spanish Juannie said:

That would be track 3 on the 'war and roses' set I think.It sounds a little quiet on there but a restored version would be good for release.

does it have lonely night in the park on it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

does it have lonely night in the park on it ?

No. (Just google 'Bruce Springsteen War And Roses').

I think Lonely Night In The Park was yet unknown at the time of release of the War And Roses bootleg. It is also not on other early (vinyl) bootlegs with Born To Run outtakes/alternatives.

Edit: from Brucebase, about Lonely Night In The Park:

Note: Recorded at The Record Plant on May 4-5, 1975. This long-documented song finally surfaced (along with other previously uncirculating Born To Run studio session audio) in late 2005 during broadcasts by Sirius radio. The version that has surfaced is clearly only an unfinished, early workout. This early May recording is the only mention of the song in studio logs. Included on a July 2, 1975 album sequence. Early working title may have been "Lonely Night At The Beach".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

No. (Just google 'Bruce Springsteen War And Roses').

I think Lonely Night In The Park was yet unknown at the time of release of the War And Roses bootleg. It is also not on other early (vinyl) bootlegs with Born To Run outtakes/alternatives.

Edit: from Brucebase, about Lonely Night In The Park:

Note: Recorded at The Record Plant on May 4-5, 1975. This long-documented song finally surfaced (along with other previously uncirculating Born To Run studio session audio) in late 2005 during broadcasts by Sirius radio. The version that has surfaced is clearly only an unfinished, early workout. This early May recording is the only mention of the song in studio logs. Included on a July 2, 1975 album sequence. Early working title may have been "Lonely Night At The Beach".

Being an outtakes nerd, I have to say that my silver disc version of W and R is one of the jewels in my collection. I've since added a disc two CDr with all the extras.

Fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

FIRE ON THE WING. That is all. The Great White Whale of the known but unknown WIESS outtakes. 

The released outtakes from this period are some of the most inventive, unique and wildly romantic of Bruce's career. After BTR, he would never again write this way or with this fervor. When Landau came on board, Bruce began to scale back, reign in and favor the songwriting approaches that came to define the transitionary period between DARKNESS and THE RIVER, eventually becoming the writer we know today. 

So even though this unknown song could be a complete dud, based on period and title alone, it's the one outtake I want to take a chance on more than any other. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

FIRE ON THE WING. That is all. The Great White Whale of the known but unknown WIESS outtakes. 

The released outtakes from this period are some of the most inventive, unique and wildly romantic of Bruce's career. After BTR, he would never again write this way or with this fervor. When Landau came on board, Bruce began to scale back, reign in and favor the songwriting approaches that came to define the transitionary period between DARKNESS and THE RIVER, eventually becoming the writer we know today. 

So even though this unknown song could be a complete dud, based on period and title alone, it's the one outtake I want to take a chance on more than any other. 

intreging

• Love Love Love! 1

10 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

My 'like' is not so much for your post as for your signature pic, which I've not seen before and which I think is seriously awesome. Nicely done!

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

My 'like' is not so much for your post as for your signature pic, which I've not seen before and which I think is seriously awesome. Nicely done!

Ditto!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, Lampi said:

And original and no overdubs as 1) No overdubs anyway and 2) 70-year old Bruce doing vocal overdubs on In his early 20s Bruce would be ridiculous beyond words.

Too bad 55 year-old Bruce didn't record those old songs. If Song for Orphans, Zero and Blind Terry, and Thundercrack from Trenton 22 Nov 2005 are any indication of what was possible, those could have been some great recordings.

• Like 2