Greasy Lake Community

TRACKS 2 possible for Xmas release

9 hours ago, Spanish Juannie said:

That would be track 3 on the 'war and roses' set I think.It sounds a little quiet on there but a restored version would be good for release.

does it have lonely night in the park on it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

does it have lonely night in the park on it ?

No. (Just google 'Bruce Springsteen War And Roses').

I think Lonely Night In The Park was yet unknown at the time of release of the War And Roses bootleg. It is also not on other early (vinyl) bootlegs with Born To Run outtakes/alternatives.

Edit: from Brucebase, about Lonely Night In The Park:

Note: Recorded at The Record Plant on May 4-5, 1975. This long-documented song finally surfaced (along with other previously uncirculating Born To Run studio session audio) in late 2005 during broadcasts by Sirius radio. The version that has surfaced is clearly only an unfinished, early workout. This early May recording is the only mention of the song in studio logs. Included on a July 2, 1975 album sequence. Early working title may have been "Lonely Night At The Beach".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

No. (Just google 'Bruce Springsteen War And Roses').

I think Lonely Night In The Park was yet unknown at the time of release of the War And Roses bootleg. It is also not on other early (vinyl) bootlegs with Born To Run outtakes/alternatives.

Edit: from Brucebase, about Lonely Night In The Park:

Note: Recorded at The Record Plant on May 4-5, 1975. This long-documented song finally surfaced (along with other previously uncirculating Born To Run studio session audio) in late 2005 during broadcasts by Sirius radio. The version that has surfaced is clearly only an unfinished, early workout. This early May recording is the only mention of the song in studio logs. Included on a July 2, 1975 album sequence. Early working title may have been "Lonely Night At The Beach".

Being an outtakes nerd, I have to say that my silver disc version of W and R is one of the jewels in my collection. I've since added a disc two CDr with all the extras.

Fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

FIRE ON THE WING. That is all. The Great White Whale of the known but unknown WIESS outtakes. 

The released outtakes from this period are some of the most inventive, unique and wildly romantic of Bruce's career. After BTR, he would never again write this way or with this fervor. When Landau came on board, Bruce began to scale back, reign in and favor the songwriting approaches that came to define the transitionary period between DARKNESS and THE RIVER, eventually becoming the writer we know today. 

So even though this unknown song could be a complete dud, based on period and title alone, it's the one outtake I want to take a chance on more than any other. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

17 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

FIRE ON THE WING. That is all. The Great White Whale of the known but unknown WIESS outtakes. 

The released outtakes from this period are some of the most inventive, unique and wildly romantic of Bruce's career. After BTR, he would never again write this way or with this fervor. When Landau came on board, Bruce began to scale back, reign in and favor the songwriting approaches that came to define the transitionary period between DARKNESS and THE RIVER, eventually becoming the writer we know today. 

So even though this unknown song could be a complete dud, based on period and title alone, it's the one outtake I want to take a chance on more than any other. 

intreging

• Love Love Love! 1

10 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

My 'like' is not so much for your post as for your signature pic, which I've not seen before and which I think is seriously awesome. Nicely done!

• Love Love Love! 2

On 9/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, Lampi said:

And original and no overdubs as 1) No overdubs anyway and 2) 70-year old Bruce doing vocal overdubs on In his early 20s Bruce would be ridiculous beyond words.

Too bad 55 year-old Bruce didn't record those old songs. If Song for Orphans, Zero and Blind Terry, and Thundercrack from Trenton 22 Nov 2005 are any indication of what was possible, those could have been some great recordings.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

With much speculation on other Bruce message boards that this may well be coming this autumn, albeit not maybe called Tracks 2 and focusing more on "lost albums" it got me wondering what price tag they may put on such a box. McCartney and Prince's estate are being criticised for the high price of the forthcoming super deluxe boxed sets. It is being suggested that a Bruce set may be more, possibly considerably more, than the 4 discs on Tracks. If they go with 8 or more discs it will surely involve a lot of £s, €s and $s. 

I read those rumors also and first I thought those were from last year but lately they are again floating around. But we will see if or what Bruce Inc. announce for a release later this year or not. 

Also mentioned on blogitallnight.com

Rumors‎ > ‎

RUMOR: Bruce Springsteen's Tracks 2 Boxset Due Out This Winter

posted Jun 14, 2019, 1:57 AM by Brandon Thompson   [ updated Jun 15, 2020, 3:37 PM ]

UPDATE (06/15/2020): There has been some steam behind "Tracks 2" on Springsteen fan boards such as BTX. There have been some rumors floating around that the new "Tracks 2" boxset could come out this holiday season. Ironically, we posted this rumor almost one year to the day and it's back to picking up steam. It is rumored that the new "Tracks 2" could be bigger than the first boxset of outtakes and B-Sides. As Gary Mallaber stated in the original rumor below, there are a plethora of Western Stars outtakes as there could be at least 20 additional songs that were recorded from those sessions. In addition to outtakes, Springsteen fans may be treated to some unreleased albums that The Boss was working on through the 1990's and through the 2010's. Yes, full unreleased albums could make there way into this boxset. Again, these are just rumors but some juicy rumors indeed. Fingers crossed we get this boxset this year. 

Gary Mallaber, a drummer who played on Springsteen's Lucky Town, stated that he recorded additional songs for Western Stars (due out tomorrow) that will appear on a new boxset due out "around Christmas time." It has been expected that Springsteen would release a Tracks 2 of outtakes from his studio albums at some point, but this early is quite the surprise to Springsteen fans. 2019 may just turn out to be a treat for Boss fans...

• Like 1

What are the unreleased albums supposedly in the can I wonder?

I know there was some 1994 (?) hip-hop record that has things like Streets of Philadelphia on, but I hadn’t heard of there being any other unreleased album (would you count electric Nebraska as an unreleased album?)

2 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I know there was some 1994 (?) hip-hop record that has things like Streets of Philadelphia on, but I hadn’t heard of there being any other unreleased album (would you count electric Nebraska as an unreleased album?)

Wasn't there an ESB before the Rising ?

Nebraska needs to be kept back for its own box set

But how about Chevrolet delux that never made it into the river box set ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Except, as you said,  Electric Nebraska and the 'lost' 1994 electronic, 'hip hop' album, which was recorded with members of the 1992-1993 band:

The songs from the very mysterious sessions in June 1987 with country musicians from Nashville.

The also somewhat mysterious 2010 'country' album which seemed to be finished and ready for release (according to Bruce himself in interviews from around that time).

The Ghost of Tom Joad Part II (not title of the album), but most of these songs were later re-recorded for and released on Devils & Dust.

• Bruuuuce! 1

45 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Except, as you said,  Electric Nebraska and the 'lost' 1994 electronic, 'hip hop' album, which was recorded with members of the 1992-1993 band:

The songs from the very mysterious sessions in June 1987 with country musicians from Nashville.

The also somewhat mysterious 2010 'country' album which seemed to be finished and ready for release (according to Bruce himself in interviews from around that time).

The Ghost of Tom Joad Part II (not title of the album), but most of these songs were later re-recorded for and released on Devils & Dust.

tumblr_inline_nsiysfefGu1ri14x7_500.png

43 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

amazing aint it a thread with rumours going back a year returns with the same/similar rumours, seems we are getting desperate

Yes indeed. Re-read the whoie topic (which was fun) and discovered on page 2 of this topic there is a post by myself that is in content almost identical to my post above (about the unreleased albums, the 1994 album, the 1987 sessions with country musicians, etc.).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed. Re-read the whoie topic (which was fun) and discovered on page 2 of this topic there is a post by myself that is in content almost identical to my post above (about the unreleased albums, the 1994 album, the 1987 sessions with country musicians, etc.).

Nothing wrong with consistency ;)

We want what we want 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

I didn't actually realise its a year old thread :lol:

And yes im harping on about the same things i was a year ago too :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Dang ! :wacko:

I was going to ask Gary to buy me this for Christmas

Is it ever going to happen ?