BrilliantDisguise

Favorite Song on Western Stars

The one song I keep returning to is...  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you keep going back to the most?

• Hitch Hikin'
    • The Wayfarer
    • Tucson Train
    • Western Stars
    • Sleepy Joe's Cafe
    • Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
    • Chasin' Wild Horses
    • Sundown
    • Somewhere North of Nashville
    • Stones
    • There Goes My Miracle
    • Hello Sunshine
    • Moonlight Motel

I think most of us, if not all, have heard the new album by now.  I have to say that it's better than I thought it would be.  For me, there are about 5 or 6 songs that I really like.  I know some of you are saying this is a masterpiece, but for me the only true masterpieces there will ever be is BTR and Darkness.  But I do think this is a good solid album and again, better than I thought it would be.  With saying that, which song is the one song you find yourself returning to?  Like I said, I like 5 or 6 songs a lot but the one I seem to be returning to is The Wayfarer with Moonlight Motel a close second.  So which one is it for you?

• Like 3

Moonlight Motel, without thinking twice.

• Like 5

I'm currently infatuated with Moonlight Motel, so will keep returning to it and have voted for it in this poll. But I can tell that many of the other songs will eventually get me in the same way. I believe this is what they call an embarrassment of riches... :D

• Like 3

Right now, it's Hitch Hikin' and Western Stars, but it's too soon. But I do think the first 4 or 5 songs are really strong, plus the last 3. 

• Like 2

Western Stars but it could have been quite a few more  a lot more.

• Like 3

Tough call. MM  and Stones are both stunning.

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it more BD, I know your initial reaction wasn't through the roof or anything but it's always better when we like/love the output.

Especially at this stage in the game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I know it's early and your favorite will change, but I'm looking for initial reaction.

Not a love reaction? 

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Western Stars but it could have been quite a few more  a lot more.

Exactly the same for me too! 

I just found time for my first spin. It’s kids and bills sounded familiar   :D They are keeping me from my records! I think that this may be the most satisfying album in a long time. It has its flaws but it works so well as a whole. I especially like how the characters drift in and out of focus on this album without the lyrics feeling disjointed or underdeveloped like they did on Magic and Working on a Dream.

Ron Aniello strikes me as the right producer for Springsteen in this stage of his career. I’m really enjoying the work they’re doing together.

Right now I’m going with the Wayfarer 

• Like 2

I might be Sleepy Joe. On the other hand, I like There Goes more and more. The song I hated at first listen. Or then some of the ones with least amount of strings.

• Like 1

I'm a woman so i keep changing my mind at this precise moment it's  Sundown, i wish it had several more verses and went on forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love them all...but if I was to give a favourite it would be Chasing Wild Horses.

• Love Love Love! 2

moonlight motel ... fantastic song. closely followed by stones

• Love Love Love! 1

3 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I know it's early and your favorite will change, but I'm looking for initial reaction.

I saw this thread earlier and was tempted to go with Western Stars as my initial reaction but something stopped me because there is just too much on this album that I need time to digest and I think there will be other songs I go back to again and again so sorry BD can't vote right now :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Tough call. MM  and Stones are both stunning.

Agreed - I’d have to throw Wild Horses, Western Stars and probably Hitch Hiking in the mix too.

Maybe even Drive Fast. 

Fuck it. Add Nashville to that list too.

Ridiculous album to be honest. Blown away by it. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ridiculous album to be honest. Blown away by it. 

arrhh a perfect description

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

So far the title track has it.

im so happy for you that your finding plenty to like, it would be no fun otherwise 

how to you think @Jimmy James and @Early North Jersey are doing ? :)

im loving moonlight motel but something about drive fast that keeps pulling me back for another listen

I love most of them, the ones I don’t ‘love,’ I really like a lot.  Nothing on here I dislike. I feel it really is a jewel box of an album!  :) 

As far as a ‘favorite’ goes... I truly can’t decide between Western Stars,  Chasin’ Wild Horses, Stones, Tucson Train,  Hello Sunshine, TGMM, or Sleepy Joe’s Cafe.  Sorry BD, I have to listen a bit more!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1