BrilliantDisguise

Favorite Song on Western Stars

The one song I keep returning to is...  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you keep going back to the most?

• Hitch Hikin'
    • The Wayfarer
    • Tucson Train
    • Western Stars
    • Sleepy Joe's Cafe
    • Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
    • Chasin' Wild Horses
    • Sundown
    • Somewhere North of Nashville
    • Stones
    • There Goes My Miracle
    • Hello Sunshine
    • Moonlight Motel

1 hour ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Ah yes, A River Runs Through It - fantastic film. Have to watch it again, soon.

I've been thinking of looking for The Horse Whisperer - I haven't seen that one in a long time. Or Dances With Wolves, as somebody mentioned. It's a beautiful film, but it's so long! 

Title track is growing on me a tad I must say.  Still don't hear it as the beauty piece of work like some of you do, but it's a truly well composed song.  

4 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

well it has one now; the only one that doesn't is Somewhere North Of Nashville

its really grown on me over a few days

even it's shortness :lol:

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to listen in peace! In love with Moonlight Motel. Proud of Bruce for releasing this music. Amazing songwriter.

• Bruuuuce! 3

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Not my favorite but I think the song that's been most lodged in my brain cells is The Wayfarer.  Something how it starts maybe, with the great line, but it's just so damned catchy.  For some reason it's that one I can't get outta my head since I listened to it. 

I agree! Caught my attention the first time around, but not in an "I ADORE THIS" way. But the more I listen to the entire album, the more I find myself returning to this track. There's something hypnotic about the rhythm of it, especially in the chorus. I love how it's one long line that feels almost like it's going "round and round" on itself. 

Nashville is starting to rocket up my own personal Western stars chart !

and i love how Stones then opens with that expansive brass sound in stark contrast

when i was dozzing i heard some beautiful minor guitar  chords that just ripped my heart out ...  ??? wild horses ??

• Like 1

27 votes for Western Stars? Really?! That song is currently doing very little for me. I went with Tuscon Train, but I really like Hitch Hiking and Moonlight Motel also.

• Like 1

id like to see a new poll after we have all had a few days to absorb each track on its own merits

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

id like to see a new poll after we have all had a few days to absorb each track on its own merits

Still the title track for me, really can't see that changing over time.

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 6/14/2019 at 4:00 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I think most of us, if not all, have heard the new album by now.  I have to say that it's better than I thought it would be.  For me, there are about 5 or 6 songs that I really like.  I know some of you are saying this is a masterpiece, but for me the only true masterpieces there will ever be is BTR and Darkness.  But I do think this is a good solid album and again, better than I thought it would be.  With saying that, which song is the one song you find yourself returning to?  Like I said, I like 5 or 6 songs a lot but the one I seem to be returning to is The Wayfarer with Moonlight Motel a close second.  So which one is it for you?

For me (it's been said before) his best since TOL

• Like 1

I thought Tucson Train would be my favorite but then I found myself listening to WS on repeat. But out of no where, MM pulls out in front and have been listening to that on repeat for the last day or so

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Ok, so I keep going back and forth between like 5 of them... but voted for Western Stars.  

I know you’ve been on the edge of your seat, waiting for this very earth shattering decision (that changes hourly!!!) BD :D!  

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

It's a sign of a strong album when you only get to hear part of it while driving, but whichever song is the last one that played is the one stuck in your head. At various times it's been Tucson, Western Stars, Chasin Wild Horses, Stones and even Miracle over the last few days.

But I can't go past Moonlight Motel. I think I've only heard it five times, but each time I have it's like I've disappeared from this world and am in that Motel, toasting a departed loved one. At least once an album, Bruce delivers something that is akin to a piece of my soul suddenly coming to life as words and music. It's MM for me on this record.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

24 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

But I can't go past Moonlight Motel. I think I've only heard it five times, but each time I have it's like I've disappeared from this world and am in that Motel, toasting a departed loved one. At least once an album, Bruce delivers something that is akin to a piece of my soul suddenly coming to life as words and music. It's MM for me on this record.

I'm listening to that track right now - for the second time in a row - and I got a shiver all over when I read these words. Beautifully put.

This song breaks my heart and then heals it, over and over again. I feel I can see that Motel, almost touch it - the dry pool, the rusted chain-link fence, the empty parking lot with a shot glass left on the ground, in a place where love and hope and dreams and perfectly ordinary, perfectly extraordinary stolen moments once lived. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

Man, this was tough...

I went for the title song, but I could've easily voted for Moonlight Motel and Tucson Train, maybe even Drive Fast (The Stuntman). I like Somewhere North of Nashville quite a bit, too.

14 minutes ago, *Janey* said:

Man, this was tough...

Yes it was!!  

5 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

It's a sign of a strong album when you only get to hear part of it while driving, but whichever song is the last one that played is the one stuck in your head. At various times it's been Tucson, Western Stars, Chasin Wild Horses, Stones and even Miracle over the last few days.

Me too I adore it

Stones is the one I keep going back to...haunting and beautiful in its simplicity. 

• Like 1

A really strong album, which I doubt many artist could produce at nearly 70 years of age. It’s a testament to Bruce that at such an age his writing is still relevant, 

It’s the title track for me, somehow it brought tears to my eyes, but as i move towards my 60th year I find Bruce can do that to me on a regular basis. God bless him 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 3