12 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Same here. Nobody on my wish list but my big regret is giving up on the queue for Otis Redding. 

I have huge regrets, oddly enough that have happened in the last recent while.  Missed David Byrne on this supposed kick-ass tour last year coz I was in no mood after losing my dad - venue is only blocks away from me - and I've missed Paul Simon over the last few years when he's come to my town.

Can't believe I've never seen Rhymin' Simon.  

Oh and apparently the David Byrne concert was one for the absolute ages.  Watching clips I can see why.  

OK, this may not be life changing to me, but it maybe to my wife. 

Without going into to many details, my working world has come crashing down on me the last few weeks. Too many projects with out enough man (women) power to finish said projects. So after a 12-14 hour day when I have nothing left, wife has 2 beers ready in my raft and tells me to turn on Bruce. After about an hour in the pool with Bruce playing, I'm back. My wife says its amazing. 

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

49 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

My wife says its amazing. 

I often get similar reactions from Mr RJM.  He thinks it’s fantastic.  

6 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

All the shows, the relationships, the memories. There's simply no way I'd be the same person without him.

Same here.  

• Love Love Love! 1

Hearing Bruce for the first time in my last year at school in 1982 = Life changing event.

Seeing Bruce for the first time in Newcastle in 1985 = seriously life changing event.

I'm looking forward to seeing Blinded by the Light because having read the book and seeing Sarfraz's one man show at the Edinburgh Fringe about 7 years ago, it's almost as if it is my life story as a Bruce fan as well as his. His music and songs have influence my life like no other artist has ever came near to doing. After I had heard and seen Bruce for the first time everything else just seemed second rate. I knew I had found my lifetime music hero.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 3

8 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Hearing Bruce for the first time in my last year at school in 1982 = Life changing event.

Seeing Bruce for the first time in Newcastle in 1985 = seriously life changing event.

I'm looking forward to seeing Blinded by the Light because having read the book and seeing Sarfraz's one man show at the Edinburgh Fringe about 7 years ago, it's almost as if it is my life story as a Bruce fan as well as his. His music and songs have influence my life like no other artist has ever came near to doing. After I had heard and seen Bruce for the first time everything else just seemed second rate. I knew I had found my lifetime music hero.

You're going to love BBTL! It's beautifully strange how so many of us can be separated by oceans of differences in culture and life experiences, yet somehow all have the same reaction to finding and falling in love with Bruce's music. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 hour ago, LoverInTheCold said:

You're going to love BBTL! It's beautifully strange how so many of us can be separated by oceans of differences in culture and life experiences, yet somehow all have the same reaction to finding and falling in love with Bruce's music. 

i was a really nice thing you did, to listen to Bruce to try to hear what your dad heard

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

That second sentence makes me sooo proud, just does. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1