homesquid

Western Stars Chart/Sales Thread

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey, I'm with you on this, but maybe just let the Sales of the record speak for itself. Right now it's about 15.5 million behind BITUSA. :P that's for Kay

Sales? What sales?

OK, I’m probably done for the day. I’m going drink beer. I mean I’m going to pressure wash the sidewalk for a few ours If there just so appens to be a beer in my and while doing it, so be it.

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

So the problem is really just that I think the album stinks. Got it.

No, my problem is your language. 

As I said, it's fine to say that you don't like it, that style of music is not to your taste, whatever, but to say that it "STINKS" is childish and rude. 
Grow up. 

Now I've wasted enough time on your uncouth attention-seeking, so I won't be responding to you any further.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I completely respect the opinions of people who are not enjoying this album. 

Me too, I just hope they all get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Why are people saying the sales suck when I'm seeing all these number uno positions?

Besides that, most album sales suck these days no matter who it is so moot point to say they suck coz the album is shit.  

• Thanks 1

I am happy that this album is doing well, but I am much, much happier that so many people rate it so highly, including casual fans, friends of mine who just heard tracks on the radio and other friends who are big fans but whom I didn't expect to like it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Think he's talking to you as well as Jertucky, @Promise61 :D

Eh?

What have I missed.

:wacko:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I am happy that this album is doing well, but I am much, much happier that so many people rate it so highly, including casual fans, friends of mine who just heard tracks on the radio and other friends who are big fans but whom I didn't expect to like it.

You know I was one of the hater early on. And still don't much like it, as I won't buy this album. (the one and hopefully only) But the more I hear it on ESR, the more tolerable it becomes. Maybe one day...........?

Boy, I hope that is nice enough language for all.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Eh?

What have I missed.

I got myself in trouble because of you. Thanks. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I got myself in trouble because of you. Thanks. 

Someone on here once called me an infant terrible, but I have no idea what I've done this time. :lol:

How long are you on the naughty step for ?

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Eh?

What have I missed.

A poster reckoned that his divorce has nowt to do with anything.

You brought it up. :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eileen said:

A poster reckoned that his divorce has nowt to do with anything.

You brought it up. :D

Ah, right. Tnx.

Someone actually thought I was being serious then?  When will they ever learn?

1 hour ago, Kay said:

It has been quite the astonishing reaction.  Everywhere I've looked/heard.

Right? It’s amazing. It makes me very very happy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

When will they ever learn?

Just look at the 'can you help me with a rebuttal' topic.

So never.

I'm going to needlessly get myself involved here. 

Some of us love Western Stars. Some of us like it, some of us are "meh". Some don't like it, some hate it.

This is a discussion forum where we're all entitled to our opinions, whatever they may be. If you love whatever it is from "Western Stars" to "Outlaw Pete", let that be known. If you hate "Born to Run" or "Sundown", feel free to express that, it's a discussion forum and I reckon we're all sound enough to accept those opinions - mind, I'd appreciate a little bit of a "why I think this" (which Jertucky has given in the past - aye he's going on a bit, but there's nothing too wrong with that... yet.)

The most important thing though is to be sound, or be kind as Joan Fontaine always says. What makes this a really good discussion forum is that it's not toxic as fuck and the majority of us all really get along. Let's not ruin good things over a new Springsteen album we've been wanting for five (or 7 if you're being picky) years eh?  

• Like 6

This all is making me a little upset.  We don't all love everything Bruce does, do we?  We're allowed to say it stinks, a few times even, if that's how we feel without being called a jerk-off or saying go elsewhere if you don't like it because this is a Bruce fansite.  I thought we were all better than that.  I was concerned for a minute before I made the thread 'I have to put this out there' because I thought maybe people would look at me differently or wonder if I'm a true fan, etc based on all the high praise for the album here.  But then I said that would be just silly.  People here wouldn't make me feel that way.  But now I wonder based on the fact that someone was called a jerk-off because they said the new album stinks.  As Paolo and Joan Fontaine have said, be kind.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Someone on here once called me an infant terrible, but I have no idea what I've done this time. :lol:

How long are you on the naughty step for ?

Don't know, I'll have to ask Auntie how long I'm in for. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Don't know, I'll have to ask Auntie how long I'm in for. 

I didn't see the offending post. Did you deserve the punishment or do we need a 'Free The Greasy Lake One' campaign?

• Haha 2

Just now, Born To Walk said:

I didn't see the offending post. Did you deserve the punishment or do we need a 'Free The Greasy Lake One' campaign?

I deleted it after Auntie came down hard on me. I was trying to be funny at Patti's expense and got slapped. 

• Like 1