Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars Chart/Sales Thread

20 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I certainly don't love everything Bruce has done, but I would never say that a song or album "stinks".  I find the expression rude, disrespectful and rather aggressive.  It's enough to say that you don't like it, or that you don't think it's very good, or anything along those lines. 

I might say somebody's attitude or behaviour stinks, or a policy or practice of which I disapprove (I'm sure we can all think of something). 
However the word seems inappropriately confrontational to use over a matter of personal taste.  He's trolling, and he's winning.  :(

Boy you should join us over in LOHAD forum. We could use some fresh blood over there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey @Rizla, how do you feel about getting Working on the Highway and Darlington County in concert at your first new ESB show? 

Seriously though. 

If you ever sit in a seat at the wrong end of the stadium at a show that hasn't sold out, and the band starts up Darlington County, you'll see the crowd surging away from the bars towards the centre like iron filings to a magnet.

That's why he plays them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

about getting Working on the Highway and Darlington County in concert

At least first playing Working and then Darlington is a reverse of the usual order.:P

First playing Honky Tonk Women and then Darlington like was done a few times in the Reunion Era could please both casual and diehards fans (except those who don't like Darlington AND don't like covers).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Seriously though. 

If you ever sit in a seat at the wrong end of the stadium at a show that hasn't sold out, and the band starts up Darlington County, you'll see the crowd surging away from the bars towards the centre like iron filings to a magnet.

See you at the next ladies lunch hopefully.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, salgari said:

WS keeps n1 in italy!

Salgari sei italiano?

Yes, is nr 1 since June 13th even without my cotribution:).  I gave my personal opinion song by song  on the main thread   clearly a thumb down and that the album doesnt worth a purchase.  

Meanwhile,  back in Australia I'm putting in the hard yards on those sales figures. Having bought the physical product ( mainly to play in the car), I have streamed the album via Spotify for every other time I've listened at home. Couldn't cheat like that 10 years ago.

• Bruuuuce! 1

19 hours ago, wildbilla said:

Salgari sei italiano?

Yes, is nr 1 since June 13th even without my cotribution:).  I gave my personal opinion song by song  on the main thread   clearly a thumb down and that the album doesnt worth a purchase.  

SI, Italiano!

20 hours ago, Rizla said:

Seriously though. 

I’ve actually never been to a show that hadn’t sold out... but I take your point, and agree.  They’re FUN! That’s why he plays them. 

BTW... I just found my photos of hotsteppinhemi making her TV Movie sign.  Sadly the chair next to her is empty, except for a large white bag.  I was hoping to find you :D

1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I’ve actually never been to a show that hadn’t sold out... but I take your point, and agree.  They’re FUN! That’s why he plays them. 

BTW... I just found my photos of hotsteppinhemi making her TV Movie sign.  Sadly the chair next to her is empty, except for a large white bag.  I was hoping to find you :D

Show was Manchester on the (so-called) River Tour.  I made a fairly late decision to go, which is why I didn't opt for the pit queue.  A mistake I won't make again!  It was very instructive though, observing from my distant perch.

Re Cardiff, if you took your photos once the pit queue was lined up, no I wouldn't have been next to her then as I was no 50, a bit further down the line.  It would have been earlier that we were sitting together doing the signs, in the shade of the canopy at the stadium entrance.  She used big glittery stick-on letters, I remember that.  She did introduce us at some point, but it was very hurried,  probably things were starting to happen :D

5 hours ago, Rizla said:

Show was Manchester on the (so-called) River Tour.  I made a fairly late decision to go, which is why I didn't opt for the pit queue.  A mistake I won't make again!  It was very instructive though, observing from my distant perch.

Re Cardiff, if you took your photos once the pit queue was lined up, no I wouldn't have been next to her then as I was no 50, a bit further down the line.  It would have been earlier that we were sitting together doing the signs, in the shade of the canopy at the stadium entrance.  She used big glittery stick-on letters, I remember that.  She did introduce us at some point, but it was very hurried,  probably things were starting to happen :D

Ah Jeez!!!  I’m so sorry!!  I wish we would’ve had more time to chat!  

• Like 1

Bruce is now at No. 5 in Germany. https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/album

I´m a bit disappointed with "Western Stars"! For me it´s an album for the lonesome man, who walks through the desert of Nevada......:wacko:

I have even no desire to play it again. It´s not my music.

Therefore I can understand why the position of "Western Stars" at the Sales Chart are falling.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If you hate "Born to Run" or "Sundown", feel free to express that,

woah ha cowboy!! If you hate Born to Run ????? hate and BTR in same sentence....me no understand!!!!!!:wacko:

On 6/29/2019 at 12:05 AM, wildbilla said:

Salgari sei italiano?

I think you should really give the album a second chance. It’s a great one, and it would be a pity if you kept rejecting it in deference of what you first said on this board.

• Like 2

Down from 3 to 5 in the UK. 

Western Stars is only the 3rd album of his career to spend three weeks in the top 5.  The other two were BITUSA (23 weeks in top 5 -  1st 3 weeks on chart 2-3-7) and Greatest Hits (11 weeks in top 5 - 1st 3 weeks on chart 1-3-4)

• Bruuuuce! 1