1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

One of my Mom's favorite, I can still see her cleaning house while listening to his. 

Your mum had good taste! My mum loved Cliff Richard, but she also loved The Beatles.

I guess this is the right thread - just to tell you how old people have to deal with stuff.

My car is  a 19 years old Audi. Nothing wrong with that. I fact, I love it and am not about to change it.

However, it has only an old cassette recorder. Not an 8-track, just a regular cassette recorder. So I have to put the new CD on a cassette so I can listen to it in the car. When I tried, our old system broke down. It only makes a deep rumbling sound now and won't do anything, certainly not record something. We have another one in the basement. I have tried hours to make it work, thought I had recorded the CD, only to find there wasn't one note on it. The damn thing doesn't emit any sound. Mr. B is away, he might be able to make it run, I'm not sure.

Now I don't want to drive anywhere. The car runs not on gas, but Bruce. If it doesn't get the newest Bruce, it might brake down :( :angry: :o

• Bruuuuce! 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, berlintramp said:

I guess this is the right thread - just to tell you how old people have to deal with stuff.

My car is  a 19 years old Audi. Nothing wrong with that. I fact, I love it and am not about to change it.

However, it has only an old cassette recorder. Not an 8-track, just a regular cassette recorder. So I have to put the new CD on a cassette so I can listen to it in the car. When I tried, our old system broke down. It only makes a deep rumbling sound now and won't do anything, certainly not record something. We have another one in the basement. I have tried hours to make it work, thought I had recorded the CD, only to find there wasn't one note on it. The damn thing doesn't emit any sound. Mr. B is away, he might be able to make it run, I'm not sure.

Now I don't want to drive anywhere. The car runs not on gas, but Bruce. If it doesn't get the newest Bruce, it might brake down :( :angry: :o

Oh dear BT!   That’s awful... 

57 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Your mum had good taste! My mum loved Cliff Richard, but she also loved The Beatles.

My Mum had a stack of album's like 5-6 that would drop down after the last song of the album playing. I always wondered how that top album turned. But it did. On the stack, Nat King Cole, Elvis, Bobby Goldsboro, The Beatles, and Frank 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

stack of album's like 5-6 that would drop down after the last song of the album playing.

I did that too back in the day.  Forgot all about that! 

2 hours ago, berlintramp said:

I feel your pain.  My (also old) car has a CD player, but some time ago it stopped working, all except for the on/off switch which is also the volume.  I can't skip or repeat a track, or change over to radio.  It won't eject the disc either.  So all I can listen to is the disc that was in there when it all seized up. 
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits.
Could be worse.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

One of my Mom's favorite, I can still see her cleaning house while listening to his. 

Good one Jimmy .... I didn't love my Mom's NKC album ....it was slow and boring ...but love the one you posted ...and this one ...in honor of the first day of summer ( or winter for Daisey :()

• Like 2