jasper

Will you help me for high school? Pick your favorite album covers

Here's a message from my son (also a big Springsteen fan):

For a paper at my high school I'm trying to find out if there is a relation between the album cover and the sales of the album.Will you help me? 
Please pick 3 album covers you like best. Remember: it's only about the cover, not the music!

Here you can find the survey: https://forms.gle/meFfcwJojT25FQva8

Thanks for your participation! 
Xander

PS It's only about the regular studio albums. Western Stars is not included since this one is just out and sales will grow.

• Like 2

Done! 

Good luck with the paper. 

Done. 

Man, seeing them all laid out there like that...has there ever been a bigger disconnect between how great an artist is and how great their album covers are? Because he's got two brilliant album covers, a few more really good ones, and a whole lotta terrible ones. Meanwhile, for their UK covers, at least, the Beatles went pretty much 13-for-13. Led Zeppelin went at least 7-for-8. Pink Floyd, of course. David Bowie. I guess Bob Dylan's maybe Bruce's model here? And now that I'm thinking about it, the Rolling Stones have surprisingly few great covers considering how many they've put out. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Done. 

Man, seeing them all laid out there like that...has there ever been a bigger disconnect between how great an artist is and how great their album covers are? Because he's got two brilliant album covers, a few more really good ones, and a whole lotta terrible ones. 

Different strokes, as I actually really like all of them.  Some more than others, but I think they’re all good.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

BTR, Darkness, Magic.

Greetings, WEISS, BTR for me.  

Greeting, Human touch and BITUSA for me

someone loving their home town

a nice arse and an American flag

and i just really like the human touch (and lucky town one)

i know i should have voted for BTR the river and darkness but i did what i was asked and just voted on the covers and what i would have liked at the time (well except i was 1 when greetings came. out) with no regard about what was inside

of course i would never judge a book by its cover and when i was hunting down the back catalogue the cover did not even once come into it 

i really love cover art so i find Master Jasper's paper really interesting 

Oh, I thought I'd be different, but our choices are close, Daisey.  I went for Greetings, Human Touch (and I too like Lucky Town as well)
And Nebraska because I like that landscape photo style.  It's not as good a photo as The Promise though.

I haven't picked any with Bruce on, because frankly I think he looks bloody awful on most of them. 
The one I dislike most is Joad, that picture gives me the creeps, whatever it's meant to be.

• Like 2

Strickly covers: Greetings, Nebraska (this has always been my favorite cover) and BITUSA.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

33 minutes ago, Rizla said:

The one I dislike most is Joad, that picture gives me the creeps, whatever it's meant to be.

I actually love it for that reason.  I always thought it was supposed to give up an uncomfortable feeling.  Conjures up ‘Grapes Of Wrath’ images to me.   

• Like 2

BTR, ToL, Lucky Town. Every album from Joad on is lousy.

Good luck with your project.

Born To Run, Nebraska, USA.

• Like 1

have you noticed how although we all love BTR as our favourite album and we love the cover- its not being chosen as much as i thought

i mean i love and adore Bad Scooter and the big man - bit i didn't pick it 

I'd like to point out that Devils & Dust is missing from the document.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Born to run, Nebraska and The River.

+1

• Like 1

Went for BTR, Darkness and USA. Great and pretty iconic covers IMHO. Pretty good albums too.

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

have you noticed how although we all love BTR as our favourite album and we love the cover- its not being chosen as much as i thought

i mean i love and adore Bad Scooter and the big man - bit i didn't pick it 

I don't like it. 
Bruce is almost unrecognisable.  I hate the scruffy hair and beard, that's not the Bruce I know.  That makes no sense at all, since it's probably the first image of Bruce I ever saw, since BTR was the first album I bought.  But I bought it for the music, not the attractiveness of the musicians.

And all you can see of Clarence is his arse and his elbow.
(Yeah yeah, I know you can unfold it, but it's the front that counts.)

• Haha 1

The only decent album cover in his entire career is Live '75 - '85, and that isn't an option in this survey.

Shame.

• Like 1

Pleased your son is doing this as I’ve always believed it has an impact - as silly as it sounds a good album cover can make or break an album for me - the only thing I don’t love about Western Stars is the album cover, which although nice isn’t as good (I think) as some of the other promo pictures

51 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I hate the scruffy hair and beard, that's not the Bruce I know. 

That’s the Bruce, as a young teenager, I fell in love with! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1