Let me preface this by saying: yes, most of us will be happy with whatever and however we get the next band tour. I know I'd be happy to buy a ticket to see Bruce read through his Facebook feed. But this is a thread about fantasies.

With the likelihood that the rumored 2020 tour could be the last real band tour, does anybody else have any remaining fantasies or wishes they'd like to see?

Obviously, I don't think Bruce will ever explicitly do a farewell tour, and the possibility certainly exists that we'll get some mini-reunions from time to time, but reality and Father Time tells my gut that the next tour will be the end as we know it.

I have a few fantasy songs that I'd like to hear, mostly WIESS outtakes like Zero & Blind Terry, Santa Ana, Evacuation of the West, Seaside Bar Song. And a full band Frankie is always on my mind as one song I've never heard (I did get it solo acoustic on the D&D tour in Milwaukee).

But I have to say, the thing that will never happen but I covet the most is Bruce giving most of the band (minus Gary) the night off and bringing David Sancious, Boom Carter and Suki Lahav (good luck) in for one show only and playing mostly material from '75 and before. It would give those of us who weren't lucky enough to be around in the early '70s the chance to hear the E Street sound before it became today's E Street Band. We could squeeze Mad Dog in there too, that'd be pretty cool but I don't know what you'd do with two drummers for the majority of the show. I just really want to hear Boom drum on Born to Run live just once. The drum track to that song is just unbelievable and Max has just never been able to recreate it the same way (nothing against the amazing mighty Max of course). And the cherry on top would Suki on violin for a '75 style Incident. 

Okay, there's my fantasy. I'd say it will never ever happen, but once upon a time I would never believed you if you told me Bruce would attempt the '78 Prove It intro again. Not sure what prompted him to do it, but I like to think some fan got a bug in his ear and he wanted the challenge. So you never know!

What's your tour fantasy for 2020?

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

My favourite thing to imagine E Street-wise recently has been - after a year and a bit of Bruce being solo on Broadway, after the release of a "solo" album and all that - Bruce and The Band opening the next tour with "Badlands", quite simply implying, "we're back!"

• Like 2

On a similar topic: 

How aware do you think Bruce is about what the die hard fanbase wants? Like I said, the urge to do the '78 intro had to come from somewhere. I highly doubt the desire just came to him independently of the constant desire from the old time fans.

Do you think Landau or even Bruce get on here every once and a while for laugh?

My tour fantasy would be in support for Western Stars and the new E Street album. E Street backed up by additional musicians - strings, horns etc. Setlist heavy with "Stars"-songs. Older songs played should be the true classics, not greatest hits. I would like it to be dignified without a lot of crowd-pleasing, call and respons or worn-out nostalgia "fun" songs. Cut the crap and focus on playing the songs. No big outdoor stadiums. Smaller venues. Play for the serious fans. End the E Street chapter with style.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

On a similar topic: 

How aware do you think Bruce is about what the die hard fanbase wants? Like I said, the urge to do the '78 intro had to come from somewhere. I highly doubt the desire just came to him independently of the constant desire from the old time fans.

Do you think Landau or even Bruce get on here every once and a while for laugh?

As I mentioned some time last week, back in the last century, Jon Landau sent a note of appreciation to the LuckyTown mailing list, the precursor to Jungleland et al. So if he was monitoring the hardcores back then, I'm sure someone checks in at least occasionally. 

I think Bruce has some idea of what the hardcore fanbase wants, although I think it's possible it's skewed at least a bit. I mean, I could be wrong, I think he kinda gets a kick out of pulling out something like a "Zero & Blind Terry" or "Santa Ana" every once in a great while, and I think he does that specifcially for us, since I very much doubt he would choose to ever play those otherwise. I also think he perhaps sometimes overestimates how much the hardcore fanbase wants to hear some of his more rare stuff, like "Wild Billy's Circus Story," but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

I also think he perhaps sometimes overestimates how much the hardcore fanbase wants to hear some of his more rare stuff, like "Wild Billy's Circus Story," but I could be wrong. 

I mean, I was about to list that very song as something I'd love to hear one time live :O

Along with For You, Sandy, Frankie, Seaside Bar Song, Follow That Dream. 

... and, one last time, Backstreets & LoH&D.

Just now, Jesus was the sheriff said:

I mean, I was about to list that very song as something I'd love to hear one time live :O

Even though it was always my least favorite song off The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, I was pleased to hear "Wild Billy"...the first time. Sure, I would have preferred literally any other song off the album, but I knew (or at least thought) he was playing it for people like me, and I really appreciated it. 

• Like 2

Stops at old E Street Strongholds (providing they still exist).

Capitol Theatre, Winterland Ballroom, Main Point, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Play for the serious fans.

Wait... So “serious fans” can’t enjoy the ‘crowd pleasers’ or ‘call and response’ or ‘fun’ songs?  

Hey, if that’s your concert fantasy... great.

But a long time very serious Bruce fan I know would be heartbroken not to hear DITD.  It’s her personal favorite.  

I admit I never listen to it if it comes on the radio, and don’t have it on any playlists.  I wouldn’t cry if he dropped it, but if I’m being honest, I would probably miss it if he left it out.  

I guess I’m more than ok with the ‘fun’ ones.  

Nostalgia or not;  I, and everyone I know, still want BTR.  

Sorry, but I LOVE a good Badlands live.  Same with Rosie or Candy or She’s the One.  That’s instant, deep, unbridled JOY. 

And the time period he didn’t play TR was quite painful for a lot of people.  

Personally, I want Racing and Backstreets once more.  Incident too.  Also LOHAD.  Joad.  Youngstown.  A whole bunch of ‘regular’ and ‘semi-regulars.’

I get that you like the rarities best, and there’s not one thing wrong with that.  

But there ARE a lot of them... personally some I would LOVE and would be thrilled to hear live.  Others, not so much.  

For example, he played Bishop Danced at Prudential some years back.  

Of course that was for us hard core folks.  Now I like that song well enough, but never ever cared if I heard it live.  

Many were probably in heaven, so I’m glad he played it.  But for me personally, it was a waste of a song slot. 

I know your list above is probably how the majority of hard core fans feel.  I’m just not one of them.   

Doesn’t mean I don’t want rarities.  I absolutely have my personal wish list.  Also doesn’t mean I MUCH prefer arenas over stadiums. 

I’m just ok with the list you posted, and don’t think the audience participation stuff is ‘crap.’  I actually like the interaction.  

If we’re talking fantasy... I’d LOVE  Seaside Bar Song, The Promise, Iceman Take ‘Em, Maria’s Bed, Leah, Philadelphia, or Wages of Sin. Been chasing them forever.  

Or ones I’ve only heard once or maybe a few times or decades ago like Loose Ends, Talk to Me, Frankie Fell in Love, Roll of the Dice, Open all Night, Human Touch, From Small Things or Code of Silence.

I’d REALLY love some WS (especially the title track) stuff with a local orchestra. 

More nostalgia...but hey, it’s my fantasy...  I’d also love for him to bring back THE MEDLEY in the encores.   Incident into Rosie once more would be lovely.  Oh, and Jersey Girl at least once more.  

One last fantasy... if it’s a stadium show... great weather and great seats.  

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

I would like to write the setlist :lol:

I am actually panicking a little though. The prices....the availability .... The fact at just how old so many of us are ...This really COULD be it....i will have to arrange my work schedule ...to the point that i may risk corrective action if they don't work with me...this is too important to me and i'm too close to retirement to care .... My son is 24 ...he has not seen Bruce since he was 17 .... he will be involved in Grad School during this tour and i really want us to see another show together before we lose anyone else.  .. I have not seen a stadium show since October 1st 2003 and i know this time i will have to breakdown .... I did hear that the sound at Metlife in 2016 was pretty incredible though ....

Setlist ? .... I am sure i will have complaints....even at shows i've raved about i've had complaints .... I think its just natural if you have seen someone double digit times .... But there is not enough time left to worry about what i hear anymore ..... I just want to hear the sound of the ESB again.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3

you did say Fantasies well then

Lots of shows on 3 or more continents with lots and lots of Hot Laker Chickies for company

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

you did say Fantasies well then

Lots of shows on 3 or more continents with lots and lots of Hot Laker Chickies for company

:D

Fire Chicken

hot enough for you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilbud said:

Stops at old E Street Strongholds (providing they still exist).

Capitol Theatre, Winterland Ballroom, Main Point, etc.

This would be awesome! Capitol in Passaic has been torn down I believe. Main Point building is still there I think. Winterland not sure.

Anybody know what's in the Bottom Line building these days?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

This would be awesome! Capitol in Passaic has been torn down I believe. Main Point building is still there I think. Winterland not sure.

Anybody know what's in the Bottom Line building these days?

According to wikipedia, classrooms for NYU. Main Point and Winterland are both gone.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

. I think its just natural if you have seen someone double digit times

No doubt.  

But if I’m lucky enough to see him/them multiple times, I always keep in mind that it’s not his fault I’ve heard _______ already x amount of times; and that he knows full well most of the people there don’t go multiple times.  

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

I just want to hear the sound of the ESB again.

Same here my friend.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Capitol in Passaic has been torn down I believe.

Yes.  Sadly, there was a fire after it was sold, and it was knocked down. 

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

According to wikipedia, classrooms for NYU. Main Point and Winterland are both gone.

Yep, you're right. I forgot they opened a successor location to the original Main Point. That's what I was thinking about. I think that building is still around, but it's not the original of course. 

pure fantasy 

a 45min prove it intro (just the intro = 45min)

an hour long Kitty

then a darkness full album show followed by a 2 hour oncore

a 30min Detroit medley for ENJ and an incident for Andrew 

no fucking sign requests 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

pure fantasy 

an hour long Kitty

no fucking sign requests 

What in the hell are you smoking?

And where can I get it?

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

pure fantasy 

an hour long Kitty

no fucking sign requests 

Sorry, count me out. Nightmare, the first two. The rest, we can talk about.

• Haha 1

Incident for goodness sake. All these years and shows and no damn Incident. Anything else a bonus at this stage. Gimme IO57S. Alas, I think I've missed the train for this one :(.

• Like 4

Tour with the Sessions band, plus those Italian string players.  I'd pay good money to see and hear that extravaganza.

No need for any more E Street Tours after WS.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Wait... So “serious fans” can’t enjoy the ‘crowd pleasers’ or ‘call and response’ or ‘fun’ songs?  

Hey, if that’s your concert fantasy... great.

But a long time very serious Bruce fan I know would be heartbroken not to hear DITD.  It’s her personal favorite.  

I admit I never listen to it if it comes on the radio, and don’t have it on any playlists.  I wouldn’t cry if he dropped it, but if I’m being honest, I would probably miss it if he left it out.  

I guess I’m more than ok with the ‘fun’ ones.  

Nostalgia or not;  I, and everyone I know, still want BTR.  

Sorry, but I LOVE a good Badlands live.  Same with Rosie or Candy or She’s the One.  That’s instant, deep, unbridled JOY. 

And the time period he didn’t play TR was quite painful for a lot of people.  

Personally, I want Racing and Backstreets once more.  Incident too.  Also LOHAD.  Joad.  Youngstown.  A whole bunch of ‘regular’ and ‘semi-regulars.’

I get that you like the rarities best, and there’s not one thing wrong with that.  

But there ARE a lot of them... personally some I would LOVE and would be thrilled to hear live.  Others, not so much.  

For example, he played Bishop Danced at Prudential some years back.  

Of course that was for us hard core folks.  Now I like that song well enough, but never ever cared if I heard it live.  

Many were probably in heaven, so I’m glad he played it.  But for me personally, it was a waste of a song slot. 

I know your list above is probably how the majority of hard core fans feel.  I’m just not one of them.   

Doesn’t mean I don’t want rarities.  I absolutely have my personal wish list.  Also doesn’t mean I MUCH prefer arenas over stadiums. 

I’m just ok with the list you posted, and don’t think the audience participation stuff is ‘crap.’  I actually like the interaction.  

If we’re talking fantasy... I’d LOVE  Seaside Bar Song, The Promise, Iceman Take ‘Em, Maria’s Bed, Leah, Philadelphia, or Wages of Sin. Been chasing them forever.  

Or ones I’ve only heard once or maybe a few times or decades ago like Loose Ends, Talk to Me, Frankie Fell in Love, Roll of the Dice, Open all Night, Human Touch, From Small Things or Code of Silence.

I’d REALLY love some WS (especially the title track) stuff with a local orchestra. 

More nostalgia...but hey, it’s my fantasy...  I’d also love for him to bring back THE MEDLEY in the encores.   Incident into Rosie once more would be lovely.  Oh, and Jersey Girl at least once more.  

One last fantasy... if it’s a stadium show... great weather and great seats.  

did you say loose change ? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1