LoverInTheCold

Remaining Tour Fantasies?

After the magic tour I had these:

Streets of fire (to complete the while darkness album)

Frankie

Incident 

The promise 

Prove it with the intro 

Be true 

Jackson cage

Fortunately I got all these one way or another. 

The treat was Thunder road with just Roy.

As for a next tour I don't really have any. Maybe western stars and the price you pay. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

did you say loose change ? ;)

Nice try :D

(I like Loose Change BTW.  Just doesn’t come even remotely close to my beloved Loose Ends...) 

But I will take that extra long Medley.  Like ENJ, it’s my all time most favorite encore.  The few times he’s done it in the more recent past, it was somewhere in the main set.  And that’s just fine and dandy too. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

no fucking sign requests 

What if the fucking sign request was for the ‘78 intro?  Which he hadn’t been playing, but saw the sign, and decided to give it a go?  

6 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Incident for goodness sake. All these years and shows and no damn Incident. Anything else a bonus at this stage. Gimme IO57S. Alas, I think I've missed the train for this one :(.

Oh maaaaaaan.  Don’t lose hope.  You never know.  I hope you get it.  And I hope I’m at the same show, and I hope Rosie comes out to play directly after.  This is the fantasy thread... 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

What if the fucking sign request was for the ‘78 intro?  Which he hadn’t been playing, but saw the sign, and decided to give it a go?  

Oh maaaaaaan.  Don’t lose hope.  You never know.  I hope you get it.  And I hope I’m at the same show, and I hope Rosie comes out to play directly after.  This is the fantasy thread... 

Here's hoping. Have to get them out on the road first! C'mon, bash out that angry rock n roll album and let's go! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

57 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

ive thought of that

i surpose my principled are my own worst enemy

remember signs block people's view

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

remember signs block people's view

Yes, and all kidding aside, I hate that as well.  It’s beyond rude.  

I like the shows when he just collected all of the signs, a few songs in.  Or the people who put them down when he’s singing.  Or the people who write the request on a tiny piece of cardboard.  

And once he played Held Up Without a Gun instead of CANDY’S ROOM (I saw the original set list) because of a freaking sign.  But I also got my Loose Ends (again, I saw the original set list) because of a sign.  

But yes, the rudeness is ridiculous.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

I just want a thousand guitars and pounding drums.

You'll get strings and you'll like it! ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

After the magic tour I had these:

Streets of fire (to complete the while darkness album)

Frankie

Incident 

The promise 

Prove it with the intro 

Be true 

Jackson cage

Fortunately I got all these one way or another. 

The treat was Thunder road with just Roy.

As for a next tour I don't really have any. Maybe western stars and the price you pay. 

I still need Streets of Fire and Candy's Room to complete DARKNESS. I'm complete on BTR and THE RIVER. Also need My Hometown to complete BUSA.

I have made a spreadsheet. Is it sad that we collect these like baseball cards?

24 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

You'll get strings and you'll like it! ;)

As long as they are only named "E", "A", "D", "G", and "B".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I still need Streets of Fire and Candy's Room to complete DARKNESS. I'm complete on BTR and THE RIVER. Also need My Hometown to complete BUSA.

I used to have a spreadsheet. Take I'm as they come was another. 

Broooccccceeeee. 

23 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

What's your tour fantasy for 2020?

Cindy Mizelle spots me in the crowd and motions to me with her finger to come backstage. She takes me into her dressing room and...

Shit.... That's not the kind of fantasy you meant, is it? :wacko:

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, SteveJhb said:

Cindy Mizelle spots me in the crowd and motions to me with her finger to come backstage. She takes me into her dressing room and...

Hey, it's your fantasy my friend. ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveJhb said:

She lives a few towns from me.  She’s also really good friends with an acquaintance of mine.  I’ve never met her, but if I do... 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Sad? Maybe. But it's still fun. ;)

I need Factory and Something in the Night to complete Darkness; I only need The Angel from Greetings. I have all of WIESS,  BTR, The River, and BITUSA. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, misty rain said:

Sad? Maybe. But it's still fun. ;)

I need Factory and Something in the Night to complete Darkness; I only need The Angel from Greetings. I have all of WIESS,  BTR, The River, and BITUSA. 

If you got Mary Queen of Arkansas, that's no small feat. That's a Babe Ruth rookie card right there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Tour with the Sessions band, plus those Italian string players.  I'd pay good money to see and hear that extravaganza.

No need for any more E Street Tours after WS.

The fact that he wrote the collection of songs for the e street band in 2 weeks doesn't bode well

1 hour ago, LoverInTheCold said:

If you got Mary Queen of Arkansas, that's no small feat. That's a Babe Ruth rookie card right there.

I got it, but never wanted it.  

Small price to pay ( ;)) for an otherwise outstanding show! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

The fact that he wrote the collection of songs for the e street band in 2 weeks doesn't bode well

Oh I don't know, maybe he was on fire! I hold out hope.

Getting to hear these songs live (full band) in person:

Incident on 57th street, I wish I were blind, Stolen car (The Ties that bind version), County fair, Streets of Philadelphia, Take 'em as they come, Shut out the light (acoustic), My beautiful reward, The Promise (the Darkness documentary version), The Wish, Man at the top, Highway patrolman, Stray bullet, The time that never was, Mansion on the hill (acoustic), All that heaven will allow, Brilliant disguise, When you're alone, Roll of the dice, Man's job, Santa Ana, Thundercrack, A good man is hard to find (Pittsburgh), Candy's boy, I wanna be with you, Johnny Bye-bye, Back in your arms, Brothers under the bridge, None but the brave, The Brokenhearted, Rendezvous.

An outtakes tour.

2 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

I think it depends. A sudden short burst of inspiration can do wonders as many people who've written some of the greatest songs ever can tell you.

• Like 1

My wish is a never ending tour. I mean why cant Bruce if Bob can

Thunder Road as an opener, please!! Where it was meant to be!

I'd love if at least 1/3 of the show was outtakes, stuff from Tracks, The Promise, The Ties That Bind, Essential Disc 3, etc. 

Prove It All Night with the '78 intro.  Racing in the Street.  Backstreets.

... I don't know, there's a lot I'd like to see.  Can I do the setlist for a 10-show run at Madison Square Garden?

I'd like to see a return to basics on the rockers, doing away with the extended vamping on the outros that has become standard in the reunion era.

The Archive shows from 1980-1984 show how refreshing short, sharp and shiny rockers sound when kept short, sharp and shiny.

The extended versions were fun once, but it's time for a change. Out In The Street does not need two or three minutes of 'meet me out in the street' and repetition of the riff at the end. Darlington County does not need violin, sax and three minutes of 'sha la la' ing to close. (Or, indeed, half a minute of the Honky Tonk Women riff to start). Working On The Highway and Glory Days ditto... both need a bit of an outro, but not several minutes of just repeating the main riff as has been the standard in recent times.

While we are at it, the extended intro to "Spirit In The Night" and the false endings on "Badlands" were both entertaining at first but are getting a bit old hat now.

Bruce could shorten the show by 20 minutes (to benefit the aging band) without sacrificing anything song count wise by tightening up these tunes and returning to classic era type arrangements.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

But yes, the rudeness is ridiculous.  

The new RUDE.......
Image result for holding up cell phones at concerts

• Like 1