LoverInTheCold

Remaining Tour Fantasies?

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I'd like to see a return to basics on the rockers, doing away with the extended vamping on the outros that has become standard in the reunion era.

This. And add LOHAD to the mentioned songs, too. (LOHAD - and also Out In The Street - could use a well-deserved rest from the setlist anyway).

Disagree about Honky Tonk Women, as someone who saw it played (so not only an intro) in person (Cologne 2012); but then others say 'they should not play covers anyway' and that is a respectable opinion too (maybe not an opinion I agree with).

While I am posting in this topic: a simple wish: I would like to hear a full-band version of Racing In The Street without people chatting through it and everyone silent and listening in awe to one of Bruce Springsteen's greatest songs. You can chat and talk and order drinks while the Sunny Day kid is singing, casual fans. (Not meant to be disrespectfull to people who never heard Racing In The Street live and for who it is one of the songs on top of their bucket list).

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lampi said:

This. And add LOHAD to the mentioned songs, too. (LOHAD - and also Out In The Street - could use a well-deserved rest from the setlist anyway).

Disagree about Honky Tonk Women, as someone who saw it played (so not only an intro) in person (Cologne 2012); but then others say 'they should not play covers anyway' and that is a respectable opinion too (maybe not an opinion I agree with).

While I am posting in this topic: a simple wish: I would like to hear a full-band version of Racing In The Street without people chatting through it and everyone silent and listening in awe to one of Bruce Springsteen's greatest songs. You can chat and talk and order drinks while the Sunny Day kid is singing, casual fans. (Not meant to be disrespectfull to people who never heard Racing In The Street live and for who it is one of the songs on top of their bucket list).

Can't agree more. I see myself going to less and less live gigs in future. Not because of the artist/s on stage, but because of the audience around me.

Having said that, the last big gig I went to was Ben Harper solo a few weeks back. Not only was it an incredible show, he was mesmerizing, but the audience around me were quiet and respectful which pleased and amazed me. Maybe because SA fans aren't used to solo acoustic shows from international artists, I don't know, but it was a pretty special night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like him to tour Western Stars, preferably in theatres/arenas. Even if I never got a ticket I'd prefer that to the greatest hits in a stadium retread, which I wouldn't attend anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to hear Moonlight Motel as the last song played at my next show.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I'd like to hear Moonlight Motel as the last song played at my next show.

 

I think "There Goes My Miracle" will find itself as a nice little acoustic show closer ala other greats like "Thunder Road", "This Hard Land" and "My Lucky Day". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I think "There Goes My Miracle" will find itself as a nice little acoustic show closer ala other greats like "Thunder Road", "This Hard Land" and "My Lucky Day". 

Why did you have to pick my least favorite song from the album?

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silvia said:

I'd like to hear Moonlight Motel as the last song played at my next show.

 

I was actually thinking he might do just that.  And that would be fine with me! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rosiejaneymary said:

I was actually thinking he might do just that.  And that would be fine with me! 

You know what'd be really cool would be to play Thunder Road as the opener (just Bruce and Roy) and then Bruce solo acoustic Moonlight Motel to end the shows. I just feel the two songs are intrinsically linked to one another and to have them bookend the shows would be phenomenal. 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

You know what'd be really cool would be to play Thunder Road as the opener (just Bruce and Roy) and then Bruce solo acoustic Moonlight Motel to end the shows. I just feel the two songs are intrinsically linked to one another and to have them bookend the shows would be phenomenal. 

Yes it would!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

You know what'd be really cool would be to play Thunder Road as the opener (just Bruce and Roy) and then Bruce solo acoustic Moonlight Motel to end the shows. I just feel the two songs are intrinsically linked to one another and to have them bookend the shows would be phenomenal. 

And then after a somber teary-eyed “Moonlight Motel”, Bruce picks up The Tele and screams “it’s bosssssss timmmmmmmme!!!” <cue opening riff of “Ramrod”>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Moonlight Motel" will be in the "We Are Alive" / "Rocky Ground" spot of opening the encore. 

4 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

And then after a somber teary-eyed “Moonlight Motel”, Bruce picks up The Tele and screams “it’s bosssssss timmmmmmmme!!!” <cue opening riff of “Ramrod”>

So, essentially, this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wish is simple

 

lost in the flood

 

 

  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, wolfinthepines said:

Incident for goodness sake. All these years and shows and no damn Incident. Anything else a bonus at this stage. Gimme IO57S. Alas, I think I've missed the train for this one :(.

Incident being a staple, ideally like the Suki Lahav version. NYC Serenade a staple too........I'll take anything else as long as those 2 are in.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a three pack opener like Leeds 13' 

Roulette , MLWNLYD, No Surrender

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A totally different set of songs in the encore slot. 


(I still want to hear BTR and DITD, but earlier on)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want the 78th intro soooooooo bad

my heart aches for it

its a physical pain like a stomach olser

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 4:34 AM, Wout said:

My wish is simple

 

lost in the flood

 

 

i understand where your comming from 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i want the 78th intro soooooooo bad

my heart aches for it

its a physical pain like a stomach olser

 

Oh dear.  I feel very guilty... I’ve gotten it twice and inside my head I was like ‘oh maaaaan, get to THE SONG (which I LOOOOOVE so much!!) already!!’  

I really, REALLY hope you get it DJ.  

I do know how you, and anyone else ‘chasing’ their song feels.  I kept missing Candy’s Room by one freaking show/night for decades!  When I got it in ‘99 I almost didn’t hear it, I was in such shock (joy, tears, jubilation :lol:). 

I’ve gotten it 6 more times since, and each time my heart stops for a second.  7 times is not even remotely close to being enough though!!!!  

Question;  I know how much you love Prove It, including the original album Prove It.  If you’re at a show, would you rather hear it w/out the intro, or not at all if it wasn’t with the intro?  Just curious! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Oh dear.  I feel very guilty... I’ve gotten it twice and inside my head I was like ‘oh maaaaan, get to THE SONG (which I LOOOOOVE so much!!) already!!’  

I really, REALLY hope you get it DJ.  

I do know how you, and anyone else ‘chasing’ their song feels.  I kept missing Candy’s Room by one freaking show/night for decades!  When I got it in ‘99 I almost didn’t hear it, I was in such shock (joy, tears, jubilation :lol:). 

I’ve gotten it 6 more times since, and each time my heart stops for a second.  7 times is not even remotely close to being enough though!!!!  

Question;  I know how much you love Prove It, including the original album Prove It.  If you’re at a show, would you rather hear it w/out the intro, or not at all if it wasn’t with the intro?  Just curious! 

i wish Candy's room was longer because that's how i felt getting it too ! 

actually i got prove it at the same show so i can answer that question

i love prove it all night the song on Darkness and the solo in it is really great and id love to get an album DOTEOT show

but for me its the intro

its the intro that was that earth shattering moment when i first heard it that tilted the world on it axis and changed the way i hear period, for ever

i felt very unworthy feeling disapointed to get the song without the intro and i feel that the disappointment i felt at the moment i realized i was getting prove it without the intro it kind of clouded my enjoyment of getting the song

yet you know i can watch LINYC and really love prove it maybe because i knew that before i stumbled across winterland

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.