Sign in to follow this  
JimCT

Fantasy Premier League 2019-2020

I have "renewed" the GL 2 league - all players from last year will auto join when they pick their teams. All others are also welcome!

Not sure who is the admin for the "Greasy Lake" league? @Mission Man in AZ maybe? 

I don't know. I just knew that somehow we ended up with two leagues and I ended up not really playing in either one.

2 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

I don't know. I just knew that somehow we ended up with two leagues and I ended up not really playing in either one.

If you create a team, try the renew your leagues button and see what you get

GL 2 welcomes all! Try this code: brqkxq

Before I join this year, someone needs to tell me how someone can collect something like 80 points in a weekend. I was out of competition before it started. No shit last year I started off with a great first week. Scored like 40 points. And someone in our league scored 80 plus.

So than I just gave up. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, Jimmy James said:

Before I join this year, someone needs to tell me how someone can collect something like 80 points in a weekend. I was out of competition before it started. No shit last year I started off with a great first week. Scored like 40 points. And someone in our league scored 80 plus.

So than I just gave up. 

Start with three at the back from LFC - Alisson, plus two of A-A and Robertson and VVD. That was good for 18 points a week 21 times last year thru clean sheets. Will it be so this year? Inquiring minds want to know ;) 

Add Sterling up front as Captain with a pair, that's 28 more. You're up to 46 with 7 more players to count. Look at how points are scored in the fantasy game, and choose sides accordingly.

You do need to use some cheap players to fill out your squad in order to afford the costlier players, and you need to get lucky with their performances. You have 100mm to use to pick 15 players, so that's only 6.67mm per head. If you want a Salah or a Sterling then you have to use some 4.5mm fillers. Some of the really good players you might think of you should really avoid - the teams can't put up clean sheets, or the players themselves don't score or assist enough. And avoid those who pick up the gratuitous yellow card - I really hate that -2!

I'd never done any fantasy in any sport until last season. To me it's just another numbers game. I play all kinds of versions, and have for decades.

9 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Has anyone heard if Darkness is starting a new prediction game?

Yes Don, I will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Yippee! I wonder if I can recruit any more ladies!

I bet Villa doesn't get one predicted win! ;)

only 5 so far - c'mon you lot, join us!