Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hopefully Bruce related enough to stay here.

The Killers set last night was incredible. By far the best headline show I’ve seen outside of Bruce.

A very different approach set wise. Bruce was surprisingly challenging with his choices whereas The Killers absolutely bludgeoned it to death with smash hit after smash it.

Probably nothing quite so iconic as The River complete with rising steam but This Charming Man with Johnny Marr isn’t too far off.

I was a bit disappointed with the Friday night action but last night looked great.

What a live act they are.

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keeping this Bruce related, I was just thinking how this weekend is actually my 10 year anniversary. I know some people critise his setlist and say he should appealed more to the casual fan but I

The Killers live is such a joyous happy experience. 

And opening it with something they knew, rather than a cover which hardly anyone knew. 

We've been chatting about it in the … erm … appropriate Forum. :D

I'm a tad biased but they are, and always will be, one of the best bands EVER!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Hopefully Bruce related enough to stay here.

The Killers set last night was incredible. By far the best headline show I’ve seen outside of Bruce.

A very different approach set wise. Bruce was surprisingly challenging with his choices whereas The Killers absolutely bludgeoned it to death with smash hit after smash it.

Probably nothing quite so iconic as The River complete with rising steam but This Charming Man with Johnny Marr isn’t too far off.

I was a bit disappointed with the Friday night action but last night looked great.

What a live act they are.

Well, to make it Bruce related, someone mentioned in the Archive thread it has been 10 years since that iconic steamy performance.... This Friday's archive show, perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The BBC coverage with their three second cutaways drives me mad.  Was watching Janet Jackson yesterday (yeah, I know) and she had a superb team of dancers behind her, but we hardly got to see them in a full routine due to the dizzying cutaways.  A minor point, maybe, but it's hellish annoying.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't rate the Killers but fair play to those that do..

Bruce's set at Glastonbury was massive missed opportunity. He ended up playing the WOAD tour setlist instead of just going for it with his big songs from his career which would have reigned in more casual fans.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't catch all their set, liked what I saw. He has some new moves, not any better than the old ones. Just adds to his charm maybe.

Oh, he needs a belt!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

The BBC coverage with their three second cutaways drives me mad.  Was watching Janet Jackson yesterday (yeah, I know) and she had a superb team of dancers behind her, but we hardly got to see them in a full routine due to the dizzying cutaways.  A minor point, maybe, but it's hellish annoying.

I haven't watched any Glastonbury yet, the BBC coverage is beyond infuriating for various reasons.  Hopefully I can catch some on i-player without wanting to throw a brick at the telly.

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Bruce's set at Glastonbury was massive missed opportunity. He ended up playing the WOAD tour setlist instead of just going for it with his big songs from his career which would have reigned in more casual fans.

They didn't allow the full set to be shown on TV either, IIRC.  Two big mistakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rizla said:

They didn't allow the full set to be shown on TV either, IIRC.  Two big mistakes.

Was it the first song that wasn't shown? Coma Girl? I thought the rest was broadcast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Was it the first song that wasn't shown? Coma Girl? I thought the rest was broadcast.

I thought a lot more was skipped, but I may be wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

on bbc website "The set was sprinkled with singalongs, from the chiming pop of Spaceman to the muscular Springsteen-isms of When You Were Young.??????????

As has been oft said in these here parts … his writing in general and the bit in the middle/near the end (that he forgot at Abbey Road) - extremely Springsteenish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I thought a lot more was skipped, but I may be wrong.

You're correct. They showed about 90 minutes on the night and a couple of other songs later. I think there was about an hour missing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

You're correct. They showed about 90 minutes on the night and a couple of other songs later. I think there was about an hour missing.

Missed a good few out. That full band abomination of Johnny 99 (understandable) and Because The Night seem to spring to mind as two examples. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Missed a good few out. That full band abomination of Johnny 99 (understandable) and Because The Night seem to spring to mind as two examples. 

Those were the two that they showed later.

They didn't show:

Coma Girl

My Lucky Day

Seeds

The Ghost Of Tom Joad

Raise Your Hand

No Surrender

Radio Nowhere

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Hard Times

 

2009-06-27.jpg?w=550&h=371

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...