Sign in to follow this  

Hopefully Bruce related enough to stay here.

The Killers set last night was incredible. By far the best headline show I’ve seen outside of Bruce.

A very different approach set wise. Bruce was surprisingly challenging with his choices whereas The Killers absolutely bludgeoned it to death with smash hit after smash it.

Probably nothing quite so iconic as The River complete with rising steam but This Charming Man with Johnny Marr isn’t too far off.

I was a bit disappointed with the Friday night action but last night looked great.

What a live act they are.

• Love Love Love! 1

We've been chatting about it in the … erm … appropriate Forum. :D

I'm a tad biased but they are, and always will be, one of the best bands EVER!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Hopefully Bruce related enough to stay here.

The Killers set last night was incredible. By far the best headline show I’ve seen outside of Bruce.

A very different approach set wise. Bruce was surprisingly challenging with his choices whereas The Killers absolutely bludgeoned it to death with smash hit after smash it.

Probably nothing quite so iconic as The River complete with rising steam but This Charming Man with Johnny Marr isn’t too far off.

I was a bit disappointed with the Friday night action but last night looked great.

What a live act they are.

Well, to make it Bruce related, someone mentioned in the Archive thread it has been 10 years since that iconic steamy performance.... This Friday's archive show, perhaps?

The BBC coverage with their three second cutaways drives me mad.  Was watching Janet Jackson yesterday (yeah, I know) and she had a superb team of dancers behind her, but we hardly got to see them in a full routine due to the dizzying cutaways.  A minor point, maybe, but it's hellish annoying.

• Like 2

Don't rate the Killers but fair play to those that do..

Bruce's set at Glastonbury was massive missed opportunity. He ended up playing the WOAD tour setlist instead of just going for it with his big songs from his career which would have reigned in more casual fans.

• Like 2

I hope he doesn’t go back there or London Calling or whatever it’s name is now? I prefer a Bruce/ E Street stand alone show. 

on bbc website "The set was sprinkled with singalongs, from the chiming pop of Spaceman to the muscular Springsteen-isms of When You Were Young.??????????

The Killers set made me cry. Wonderful, Wonderful. "Home is not a place, it's a person"

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

I messed up on recording.:angry: I have checked the red button , but nothing yet.

Didn't catch all their set, liked what I saw. He has some new moves, not any better than the old ones. Just adds to his charm maybe.

Oh, he needs a belt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

The BBC coverage with their three second cutaways drives me mad.  Was watching Janet Jackson yesterday (yeah, I know) and she had a superb team of dancers behind her, but we hardly got to see them in a full routine due to the dizzying cutaways.  A minor point, maybe, but it's hellish annoying.

I haven't watched any Glastonbury yet, the BBC coverage is beyond infuriating for various reasons.  Hopefully I can catch some on i-player without wanting to throw a brick at the telly.

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Bruce's set at Glastonbury was massive missed opportunity. He ended up playing the WOAD tour setlist instead of just going for it with his big songs from his career which would have reigned in more casual fans.

They didn't allow the full set to be shown on TV either, IIRC.  Two big mistakes.

7 minutes ago, Rizla said:

They didn't allow the full set to be shown on TV either, IIRC.  Two big mistakes.

Was it the first song that wasn't shown? Coma Girl? I thought the rest was broadcast.

9 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Was it the first song that wasn't shown? Coma Girl? I thought the rest was broadcast.

I thought a lot more was skipped, but I may be wrong.

The Killers live is such a joyous happy experience. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

on bbc website "The set was sprinkled with singalongs, from the chiming pop of Spaceman to the muscular Springsteen-isms of When You Were Young.??????????

As has been oft said in these here parts … his writing in general and the bit in the middle/near the end (that he forgot at Abbey Road) - extremely Springsteenish.

• Like 1

Great thread, this! ;)

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I thought a lot more was skipped, but I may be wrong.

You're correct. They showed about 90 minutes on the night and a couple of other songs later. I think there was about an hour missing.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, fol said:

Hat's off  to Stormzy.

Really like the guy. Charismatic and a big energy.

Couple of decent tunes but think in general that genre is a bit limiting. 

Just watching BBC2, Joe Whiley  is in her nightshirt!!

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

You're correct. They showed about 90 minutes on the night and a couple of other songs later. I think there was about an hour missing.

Missed a good few out. That full band abomination of Johnny 99 (understandable) and Because The Night seem to spring to mind as two examples. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Missed a good few out. That full band abomination of Johnny 99 (understandable) and Because The Night seem to spring to mind as two examples. 

Those were the two that they showed later.

They didn't show:

Coma Girl

My Lucky Day

Seeds

The Ghost Of Tom Joad

Raise Your Hand

No Surrender

Radio Nowhere

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Hard Times

2009-06-27.jpg?w=550&h=371

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

What is your question?