Sign in to follow this  

Just about recovered from this years Festival. Weather was the best I have encountered(not a drop of rain), lots of friendly smiling patrons, great food and best of all a wonderful choice of music covering all genres.

Highlights for me were Michael Kiwanuku, Jade Bird and The Cure. If you have not seen The Cure set I urge you to catch up on the BBC IPlayer. Probably the best sound mix I have ever heard at an outdoor venue. Bruce needs to get away from stadiums and hire their sound engineer.

The Killers would probably have made it in my top 3 but althogh excellent it was not as good for me as their "secret set" in 2017 which blew the rafters off the John Peel tent. Judging by comments on various Glasto forums it was very well received!

Other wonderful sets by Lizzo, Lukas Nelson, Frank Turner x 2 and the Proclaimers made it my favourite festival of the 6 I have been too.

I wish Bruce had not missed his opportunity in 2009 to set the place alight due to his poor choice of setlist but one average concert every 40 years can be forgiven. He at least made some memories through his appearance with the Gaslight Anthem. 

• Like 1