Just seen this film and I really can't recommend it highly enough. The premise is that there is a 10 second loss of electricity all over the world and, during that 10 seconds, the film's hero (a struggling singer/songwriter) is knocked off his bike. When he recovers from the accident his friends buy him a new guitar and he says a beautiful guitar needs a beautiful song, so he sings Yesterday. They are all amazed as they have never heard it and think he wrote it! He gradually realises that nobody else has ever heard of the Beatles. I won't say more, as I don't want to spoil it, but it was just such an uplifting, fun film with, of course, great music!

And the added bonus was a trailer for Blinded by the Light!

• Like 6

Bruce is mentioned in the film, as is Mo Salah!!!

• Like 2

Going to see it on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

you know full well JJ and if you go see the film you will laugh at the reference

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, Ann Jones said:

When he recovers from the accident his friends buy him a new guitar and he says a beautiful guitar needs a beautiful song, so he sings Yesterday. They are all amazed as they have never heard it and think he wrote it! He gradually realises that nobody else has ever heard of the Beatles.

What was that time travel sitcom with Nicholas Lyndhurst?   a050.gif

1 minute ago, Rizla said:

What was that time travel sitcom with Nicholas Lyndhurst?   a050.gif

Goodnight Sweetheart.  I think someone mentioned it in another thread.

• Thanks 1

Just seen Yesterday myself and can confirm it's a great film. Hope Blinded by the light (which was also advertised) is as good. 

• Like 2

Saw Yesterday this afternoon....thoroughly entertaining.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, AMIW said:

you know full well JJ and if you go see the film you will laugh at the reference

Saw the film tonight $5.00 Tuesday's. What a wonderful film. The music theme movies have been great. A complete joy.

And Andrew did get the Mo Salah reference.

Don't think this is a whispered secret but the film is very good :D

Finally got to cinema this evening to see.

Had never heard of it then someone just told me about it today at work and told me I should go see it.  

He's a big music lover and knows I am so this is likely right up my alley. 

@JustDan If you haven't seen this, please do. Don't find out anything before you go … I had a few tears near the end.

Oh, it was glorious! I hadn't realised who the male lead was … and it's the fella from EastEnders who was a hoot in that … and this.

Excellent entertainment - 2 of us (another woman of a certain age) stayed to listen right to the end of the credits … seemed blasphemous not to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

@JustDan If you haven't seen this, please do. Don't find out anything before you go … I had a few tears near the end.

Oh, it was glorious! I hadn't realised who the male lead was … and it's the fella from EastEnders who was a hoot in that … and this.

Excellent entertainment - 2 of us (another woman of a certain age) stayed to listen right to the end of the credits … seemed blasphemous not to.

Will do....

Does John come back to life at the end?...

• Sad 1

NO....DON'T TELL ME.....I can't bear it...:(:blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Does John come back to life at the end?...

Just go to see it asap. 

It's a load of rubbish really but if you can leave sanity at the cinema door you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Great not to know who was in it cos I had a great time thinking 'Eeee it's the lass from Poldark … the bloke from EastEnders … the lass from the Churchill thingy and Downton'. :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

Just go to see it asap. 

It's a load of rubbish really but if you can leave sanity at the cinema door you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

O'rite....Probably wont get to see it until next wkend though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

i always stay to watch ALL the credits of a movie

Just got back, really enjoyed it. I didn’t know anyone in it other than Lily James. The lead actor was very good. When he busted out Yesterday (this is early going so not much of a spoiler) the delivery was so spot on and moving I did get something in my eye. 

I think it could have been 10 minutes shorter. But definitely go, Dan. Go now, you’ll really like it I think. 

What prr you don't know Kate McKinnon or Robert carlyle??