Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

John Lennon

On 8/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, JustDan said:

Dan, I find this really chilling to watch.  I know that the cameras were there (the first bit outside the house) but, it's just ... well, anything could've happened (fast forward a few years, eh?). What a strange bloke.  Hats off to John for handling it as he did, and as I said, the cameras were there, so ...

As for the second bit - same bloke? And John talking a load of ??? But I guess he meant well :lol:

5 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Dan, I find this really chilling to watch.  I know that the cameras were there (the first bit outside the house) but, it's just ... well, anything could've happened (fast forward a few years, eh?). What a strange bloke.  Hats off to John for handling it as he did, and as I said, the cameras were there, so ...

As for the second bit - same bloke? And John talking a load of ??? But I guess he meant well :lol:

I 'got' the second bit … but did he call the Chinese, 'ping-pong' people?

Well, as much as John insisted, he wasn't "just a guy who wrote songs". Reality is reality, but I do get Janeymarywendy's point. Unfortunately, dealing with obsessive/compulsive people who want/need to feel as though you're a messiah comes with the territory.

40 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I think he did, indeed.

47 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

No, he talked about the ping pong people visiting China.

A plain reference to table tennis.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, merlin said:

No, he talked about the ping pong people visiting China.

A plain reference to table tennis.

Ah, I just listened to it again.  You're right. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

yup. I had a listen to it a 2nd time as well to get the correct gist. I mean, John was married to an Asian. It's no secret that at times he blurted stuff out without a filter but, I would think he'd be cognizant of not deriding his own wife's race, even by accident. Besides, John wasn't a racist.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yes, me too.

22 minutes ago, JustDan said:

yup. I had a listen to it a 2nd time as well to get the correct gist. I mean, John was married to an Asian. It's no secret that at times he blurted stuff out without a filter but, I would think he'd be cognizant of not deriding his own wife's race, even by accident. Besides, John wasn't a racist.

Chinese play ping pong - and they're very good at it. I'd wondered if he'd said it as he said some daft things sometimes.

Daft, not racist.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

Chinese play ping pong - and they're very good at it. I'd wondered it he'd said it as he said some daft things sometimes.

Daft, not racist.

I still miss him....alot. Oh if he were still here, if only for the sake of tormenting Trump with a barrage of his witty razor-sharp jabs. How delicious it would be. 

Love u John Winston Lennon/

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

John never had to act cool. Coolness was his being...

• Like 1

“My defenses were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn’t know how to cry.”

s615b

On 8/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, janeymarywendy said:

I remember seeing this clip fairly recently. Maybe a year ago. I can't remember where but it must have been on some Beatles documentary. I remember this clip well because I recall how sorry I felt for the fan. To have someone's music mean so much to you and then to meet the writer and have him say he was just writing nonsense - and to bring Bob Dylan of all writers into it as well! It just made me think, wow, imagine if I found myself in the company of Bruce Springsteen to tell him how much Thunder Road means to me and he waved it off and told me he was just rhyming words for the sake of it. 

Having said that, I never took into account what you've just said there and yes, knowing what we know now that was to come in the future. It can be seen as rather chilling.

• Like 2

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who on earth d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Ev'ryone come on

Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Ev'ryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on
  • Like 2

"That was the thing about The Beatles: they never stuck to one style. They never did just blues, or just rock. We loved all music. We did ‘In My Life’, ‘Anna’ on the early things and lots of ballady things. My image was more rocky but if you look down those Beatle tracks, I’m right there with all the sentimental things, the same as Paul. I love that music just as much.”

69493385_10157548913304539_1024597571248

• Like 2

Happy Birthday John!

1935347_1252546596529_4014767_n.jpg?_nc_

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

“Strawberry Fields’ was psychoanalysis set to music, really. (…) Instead of penting up emotion or pain, feel it - rather than putting it away for a rainy day. I think everyone’s blocked. I haven’t met anybody that isn’t a complete blockage of pain, from childhood, from birth on. Why shouldn’t we cry? They tell us to stop crying about twelve: ‘Be a man.’ What the hell’s that? Men hurt.”

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

R.I.P. Robert Freeman....Long-time photographer for the Beatles who shot the covers for "With The Beatles", "Beatles For Sale", "Help!" and the iconic "Rubber Soul" cover photo. He also took publicity shots and portrait photos for the band and two of John Lennon's books.

74943832_2820341941317834_67093329446887

27a653395f745f1d3991fc98854678ff.jpg

Beatles.png

https://deadline.com/2019/11/robert-freeman-beatles-photographer-film-director-obituary-1202781697/

7 hours ago, JustDan said:

R.I.P. Robert Freeman....Long-time photographer for the Beatles who shot the covers for "With The Beatles", "Beatles For Sale", "Help!" and the iconic "Rubber Soul" cover photo. He also took publicity shots and portrait photos for the band and two of John Lennon's books.

74943832_2820341941317834_67093329446887

27a653395f745f1d3991fc98854678ff.jpg

Beatles.png

https://deadline.com/2019/11/robert-freeman-beatles-photographer-film-director-obituary-1202781697/

R.I.P.

On a happier note Dan, I went to see this on Thursday night, it was excellent so many highlights Julia (always been a favourite) got to me especially.

WhiteAlbum.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1