Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

John Lennon/Beatles


JustDan
 Share

Recommended Posts

They're going to release a colorized version? Does it take away from the artistry of the film? Does it add to it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, JustDan said:

They're going to release a colorized version? Does it take away from the artistry of the film? Does it add to it?

 

I think this is unofficial, I doubt they'll do it officially. However, I would be curious to see it in colour to see how it compares. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to ask a simple question to all the Beatle experts here. 

Is it possible to listen to Rubber Soul and not listen to Revolver? I tried again today, but it's like a double album! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Is it possible to listen to Rubber Soul and not listen to Revolver? 

I've managed it OK

Hope you're listening to the 'proper' versions, as intended by The Beatles,  and not the butchered US albums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I have to ask a simple question to all the Beatle experts here. 

Is it possible to listen to Rubber Soul and not listen to Revolver? I tried again today, but it's like a double album! 

"I had a good time making those albums. To me 'Rubber Soul' & Revolver' could be a double album" / George Harrison/Beatles Anthology

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I've managed it OK

Hope you're listening to the 'proper' versions, as intended by The Beatles,  and not the butchered US albums.

I don't know what I have, I downloaded them from I-Tune many years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JustDan said:

"I had a good time making those albums. To me 'Rubber Soul' & Revolver' could be a double album" / George Harrison/Beatles Anthology

I had no idea George said that before I posted. I just was thinking it when I turned on Revolver! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't know what I have, I downloaded them from I-Tune many years ago. 

I'd guess those would be the proper versions:

 

image.png.9d86e3c4ce506aeef3fdeec69fb4bd85.png

image.png.d28ad04d6ddb0c93795bf375d6c4051c.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I've managed it OK

Hope you're listening to the 'proper' versions, as intended by The Beatles,  and not the butchered US albums.

The U.S. albums are only available as a "box set" through iTUNES, although I guess you could download individual tracks if you wanted to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JustDan said:

They're going to release a colorized version? Does it take away from the artistry of the film? Does it add to it?

 

No.  Just...no.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a nice bit on (UK TV show) The Repair Shop last night. The daughter of the actor who voiced John in Yellow Submarine brought in a toy Yellow Submarine that he'd been given on the night of the film premiere which was a bit worse for wear. They did a nice job of restoring it to full working condition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friendly competition...1965. Girls....& boys too...having fits.

[Man of the cloth in the front row seems aghast]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, gsquare said:

Imagine at the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0QqyS5_Cs

Thank you so much for posting, had not seen this before, just stunning and beautiful, John would have been so proud. Loved the youngsters singing at the start, the joy on their faces brought those pesky flies around again, such a pity that John was not still around to perform it for them, the best things always get taken from us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

was watching "eight days a week" doc last night and hearing some stuff i aint heard for years, how difficult would it be for me to list my top ten Beatles songs, for Bruce it would be a lot easier

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...