Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome home dad. I know it's going to be a long road to recovery, but you're strong & we'll all be right there with you. Played your favorite..."In My Life" as you were wheeled in & it was go

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn

Posted Images

Alternate album covers that were considered:

image.png.9ab69312aa999ebc4c0cce525eb0b08d.png

image.png.33d07e618e8ced9bbeb432136be81d4b.png

image.png.7da65247713c9533aa370762bad4e904.png

Would you have gone with one of these, or kept the original?  I kind of dig the white cover with photo inserts. The sigs were added later for a  U.S. limited edition remix that never got released.

• Like 1

I`m with you Dan, hard to see past the original, but if I had to choose it would be the white option.

Lets face it the cover of the album really does not need the name of the band on it.

• Like 1

In memory of Scottish photographer Iain Macmillan from Carnoustie, who died on this day in 2006 aged 67. He took six of these photos and photo number five was used for the cover : -

Abbey Road.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JustDan said:

Brilliant, the wee girl was great and really brightened up my day, only watched this one so far but will certainly watch the rest ASAP.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Those three kids could easily steal the show, but dad sure can sing!

There's all sorts of stuff on their YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA5r8KAXgg1lJasipG0fRA/videos

• Like 1

So, if you don't care to watch the vid, the secret is that both John & George plugged their guitars directly into the mixing deck at Abbey Rd & Geoff Emerick (mixing engineer) distorted the levels on the high-end treble to give the guitars the distortion with fuzz that John wanted for the song.

• Thanks 1