Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome home dad. I know it's going to be a long road to recovery, but you're strong & we'll all be right there with you. Played your favorite..."In My Life" as you were wheeled in & it was go

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn

Posted Images

Can anyone i.d. the Buddy Holly-looking chap on the far right?

590829_02.jpg

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Ken Brown

Thanks (Ken Brown?)

John sounds peeved in this one, but he does drop Bruce's name...

NO...He is not suggesting Bruce is a "false idol". He cracking on critics, not artists.

• Like 1

John being John...blunt & to the point..."I want it to sound nasty! It's a nasty song"

Why is Yoko trying to tell the musicians how to play? What the hell does Yoko know about music or how to play an instrument? I'dve said "Fuck you I'm out".

• Like 2

Was John a trans-gender bigot? I came across this interview on the YouTube John Lennon channel. At the beginning he's lambasting Mick Jagger saying.. "I think Mick's a joke with all that fag dancing he does". Also, I thought he and Jagger were mates, but he seems to resent him quite a bit, at least in this interview, and he accuses the Stones of blatantly ripping off the Beatles...I think it's just John being John. He was talented at being sarcastic, as well as talented for acting like a total asshole when he wanted to...More troubling to me though is the "fag" comment... All you need is love John....Remember that one? I blame Yoko's influence (;))

Trust the art...Not the artist...always.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, JustDan said:

Was John a trans-gender bigot? I came across this interview on the YouTube John Lennon channel. At the beginning he's lambasting Mick Jagger saying.. "I think Mick's a joke with all that fag dancing he does". Also, I thought he and Jagger were mates, but he seems to resent him quite a bit, at least in this interview, and he accuses the Stones of blatantly ripping off the Beatles...I think it's just John being John. He was talented at being sarcastic, as well as talented for acting like a total asshole when he wanted to...More troubling to me though is the "fag" comment... All you need is love John....Remember that one? I blame Yoko's influence (;))

Trust the art...Not the artist...always

????  John doesn't refer to anything related to transgender in this clip.   Also, it's his opinion at that time, and it's a bit ridiculous to apply today's moral outrage standards on someone fifty years ago in what is basically a benign conversation. 

Does Mick Jagger prance around like a f** on stage?  I wouldn't say it or say it that way, but it's not like we don't know what John is referring to.

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

????  John doesn't refer to anything related to transgender in this clip.   Also, it's his opinion at that time, and it's a bit ridiculous to apply today's moral outrage standards on someone fifty years ago in what is basically a benign conversation. 

Does Mick Jagger prance around like a f** on stage?  I wouldn't say it or say it that way, but it's not like we don't know what John is referring to.

Don't ???? me dude. Excuse the fuck out of me for my "moral outrage' (since that's a swipe at me). I forget that in a conservative's world, everything is fine and dandy & things don't need to change & everybody's nickers are in a tight wad except for you. It is a well-know fact that Lennon, particularly as a teen and in the 60s had a habit of being caustic, nasty & spiteful to his first wife, bandmates & friends. At times things came out of his mouth with no filter. I know exactly what he meant by the F comment. Thankfully, he grew up after the Beatles.

His opinion on Jagger is based on his own flawed perception and paranoia that the Stones were blatantly ripping the Beatles off. 'Their Satanic Majesty's Request' sounds NOTHING like 'Sgt. Pepper'.  There was (& still is) competition & rivalry between the two bands. Sometimes it was healthy and good-natured. Sometimes it was spiteful & childish on the part of both bands.

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Don't ???? me dude. Excuse the fuck out of me for my "moral outrage' (since that's a swipe at me). I forget that in a conservative's world, everything is fine and dandy & things don't need to change & everybody's nickers are in a tight wad except for you. It is a well-know fact that Lennon, particularly as a teen and in the 60s had a habit of being caustic, nasty & spiteful to his first wife, bandmates & friends. At times things came out of his mouth with no filter. I know exactly what he meant by the F comment. Thankfully, he grew up after the Beatles.

His opinion on Jagger is based on his own flawed perception and paranoia that the Stones were blatantly ripping the Beatles off. 'Their Satanic Majesty's Request' sounds NOTHING like 'Sgt. Pepper'.  There was (& still is) competition & rivalry between the two bands. Sometimes it was healthy and good-natured. Sometimes it was spiteful & childish on the part of both bands.

????

Humans are flawed.  We have tempers, say things out of line based on emotion instead of rational thought, and do things that in future context seem petty, mean or spiteful, as you say.

If we are going to judge people on a few misplaced words, then we are all doomed....present company included.

My Dad suffered a stroke yesterday. I couldn't think of what to do, so I wanted to dedicate these words to him to promis him I would try to overcome my vices and be a better son, brother, uncle & friend...

image.thumb.png.c5720855c3a13c17e75c66d1648dbf3c.png

• Hug 2
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Sorry to hear about your dad, Dan. I hope he recovers soon. Was it a very serious stroke (I know they're ALL serious, but I hope you get what I mean).

Thankfully, not a totally debilitating one. It has affected his speech and balance. His cognition is good. He is able to understand people talking to him and respond as best he can. He is in hospital, but not allowed any visitors because of stupid covid crap. I just wish he wasn't alone, but he is stable. The speech therapist has already been to see him & start working with him. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

So sorry to hear this Dan. Holding thumbs and thinking good vibes for your dad and you... I'm sure he will be just fine but I know it must be lousy not being able to see him. 

• Thanks 1