Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome home dad. I know it's going to be a long road to recovery, but you're strong & we'll all be right there with you. Played your favorite..."In My Life" as you were wheeled in & it was go

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn

Posted Images

Really wish I had the Brit poster...The releases are all out of sync here..Damn colonials :mellow:

0?ui=2&ik=07256e6233&attid=0.1.1&permmsg

Welcome home dad. I know it's going to be a long road to recovery, but you're strong & we'll all be right there with you. Played your favorite..."In My Life" as you were wheeled in & it was good to see you smilin'

116103015_10222638613296758_902363268829

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
On 8/6/2020 at 11:36 AM, Eileen said:

Glad to see him home. You look very like him, @JustDan

He has more hair than I do.

• Like 1

Hello all,

First of all, JustDan, I'm glad your dad is home and may he have a speedy recovery.

In the much less important news, my latest web review/article was published online two days ago. It's a review of the Paul McCartney Flaming Pie  Archive Collection Deluxe Edition box set. It's made up of 5 CD's, 2 DVD's, an 128 page book, facsimile copies of hand written lyrics, etc. The remastered Flaming Pie CD sounds good, a warm sound I'd say, in comparison to the original 1997 disc. The link to the review is below.

It'll be interesting to see if the Tracks 2 Bruce box set will really be 10 discs as rumored, and if the packaging will be like The Promise and River box sets with the books, etc.

Marshall

Link to review of McCartney Flaming Pie box set

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Marshall said:

Hello all,

First of all, JustDan, I'm glad your dad is home and may he have a speedy recovery.

In the much less important news, my latest web review/article was published online two days ago. It's a review of the Paul McCartney Flaming Pie  Archive Collection Deluxe Edition box set. It's made up of 5 CD's, 2 DVD's, an 128 page book, facsimile copies of hand written lyrics, etc. The remastered Flaming Pie CD sounds good, a warm sound I'd say, in comparison to the original 1997 disc. The link to the review is below.

It'll be interesting to see if the Tracks 2 Bruce box set will really be 10 discs as rumored, and if the packaging will be like The Promise and River box sets with the books, etc.

Marshall

Link to review of McCartney Flaming Pie box set

Thanks. I hope post as much as you wish, including reviews & anything else.

Dan, how is your Dad doing ?

im sorry, i only just read about his stroke

As if in these trying times we are living in arnt hard enough right now :(

my favourite uncle had a couple of quite bad strokes quite a few years ago now

it is amazing what can be done for stroke patients,

i hope your dad is getting the best care

do you have something called the stroke club where he lives ?

my uncle's recovery really benefited from attending stroke club

same with Gary's aunty 

i know now durring covid its a shitty time for anything but covid won't be here forever

https://www.stroke.org.nz/stroke-clubs

She is indeed a wee gem Dan, and anyone who does not get cheered up watching her joy at the music, probably does not have a pulse.

The two young lads are super as well, their concentration and intensity is great on ones so young.