Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome home dad. I know it's going to be a long road to recovery, but you're strong & we'll all be right there with you. Played your favorite..."In My Life" as you were wheeled in & it was go

My Dad suffered a stroke yesterday. I couldn't think of what to do, so I wanted to dedicate these words to him to promis him I would try to overcome my vices and be a better son, brother, uncle &

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn

Posted Images

I don't think you understood John. Sometimes people need to escape the reality of life. If you were here now, you'd know why. The Beatles have always helped me cope with the sadness & frustration that living sometimes brings. The dream isn't over because people dream all the time. They dream. If you need to take time out from reality, it is not a show of weakness. It's a coping mechanism. It's a survival tool. Still don't understand why you put people down for that.

image.thumb.png.9cb73eac4f2517081a185e842c898001.png

• Love Love Love! 2
17 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

He may want to, but I dont. Considering what he took away from me and so many others, & the fact that it was completely senseless, he should rot in jail & then let the rats and other rodents should have a go at the remains.

• Like 1

Couldn`t agree more Dan, what he took from the world (and god knows we could use him now), is inexcusable and should he ever get out I would be first in line to mete out the justice deserved.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JustDan said:

He may want to, but I dont. Considering what he took away from me and so many others, & the fact that it was completely senseless, he should rot in jail & then let the rats and other rodents should have a go at the remains.

17 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Couldn`t agree more Dan, what he took from the world (and god knows we could use him now), is inexcusable and should he ever get out I would be first in line to mete out the justice deserved.

Both comments don't seem to be very liberal like, wasn't expecting that at all. But I agree with you guys. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Both comments don't seem to be very liberal like, wasn't expecting that at all. But I agree with you guys. 

It has nothing to do with politics for me.

Paul has finally decided it's ok to look his age...

image.thumb.png.1531a27be53e4f67e94282f36a89616d.png

Wonder how John & George would look like now :(

11 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

This was supposed to be out this month, but like the film has been put back a year.

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

This was supposed to be out this month, but like the film has been put back a year.

tenor.gif

119094443_10223008000971219_894202591016

"Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine
I need to laugh, and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about
I feel good, in a special way
I'm in love and it's a sunny day

Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine
We take a walk, the sun is shining down
Burns my feet as they touch the ground"

• Like 1

ean Ono Lennon will interview Paul McCartney, Elton John and his half-brother Julian for an upcoming BBC radio special marking what would have been John Lennon’s 80th birthday, October 9th.

John Lennon at 80 will broadcast in two one-hour installments, October 3rd and 4th, at 9 p.m. BST/4 p.m. EST on BBC Radio 2. According to UDiscoverMusic, Radio 2 will pair these shows with a two-hour special, John Lennon at the BBC, featuring a mix of archival performances and interviews, that will air October 4th between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. BST/2 p.m. and 4 p.m. EST.

“John Lennon is one of the Radio 2 audience’s most popular and best loved musicians,” BBC Radio 2 head of station, Helen Thomas, said.” So we’re thrilled and honored that Sean’s first-ever radio program in which he talks at length about his father, alongside his brother Julian, Paul McCartney and Elton John, will be broadcast on our network.”

Per a preview of John Lennon at 80, Sean’s conversation with McCartney will cover everything from meeting and becoming friends with Lennon to the Beatles’ Let It Be sessions, and how previously unseen footage from Peter Jackson’s upcoming documentary changed McCartney’s perception of that period. McCartney will also discuss his and Lennon’s artistic development together, and perform a snippet of the first song they wrote, “Just Fun.”

In his conversation with Elton John — who is Sean’s godfather — the musician will share his own memories of being a Beatles fan, like biking eight miles to buy a copy of Sgt. Pepper’s. John also talks about Lennon’s final live appearance, which happened to take place at one of his 1974 gigs at Madison Square Garden, where Lennon was reunited with Yoko Ono.

And with his half-brother Julian, the two Lennon boys will discuss their father’s life and music, with a particular focus on his final album, Double Fantasy (some of Sean’s earliest memories are of being in the studio with his dad while he made that record). The pair will also discuss the unique moments they realized exactly who their dad was, with Julian recalling memories of fans lingering outside his childhood home in England, and Sean recounting similar scenes outside the Dakota in New York

• Like 1