Paolo's Circus Story

New Archive: December 29th, 1980 - Nassau Coliseum - and a re-released December 31st, 1980

Woo hoo!

A remaster/remix of 12/31/1980 would be worth an entire month of Archive waiting in and of itself!

• Like 1

I've never really complained with the 31/12/80 mix but I'm certainly not complaining about a remix if its any good!

• Like 3

For the first time, multi-track master tapes of the classic New Year’s Eve 1980 show have been transferred via Plangent Processes and newly remixed by Jon Altschiller for superior sound. This upgraded edition breathes fresh life into a jaw-dropping 38-song performance which is packed with highlights, including “Spirit in the Night,” “Rendezvous,” “Fade Away,” “The Price You Pay,” “Held Up Without a Gun,” “In The Midnight Hour,” “Auld Lang Syne,” “Twist and Shout” and “Raise Your Hand.” The all-time fan favorite has never sounded better.

I could literally live on the River tour I love it

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I've never really complained with the 31/12/80 mix but I'm certainly not complaining about a remix if its any good!

I liked the vocals but found the rest a muddy mess.

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Pouring a shot out for poor Toby Scott, who's just been full on merked by BruceCorp. 

I now have to google the term merked

I liked Toby Scott's mixes - sans the mix for Nassau, and for the Philly opening night of The River 2016 tour

• Like 2

"Remix" is just a fancy term for "we got rid of all the pesky audience noise, now pay us""

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m so in love with the artwork 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lilbud said:

"Remix" is just a fancy term for "we got rid of all the pesky audience noise, now pay us""

They gave us the Italy remix for free. But this we have to pay for?

• Thanks 1

So if we paid for the original mix shouldn't we get the new one for free?

(A: of course, but stop the laughing please...)

• Haha 2

Just now, rocknrollcrook said:

wow same timing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknrollcrook said:

yeah they have it in our records there if we bought it or not.

I say wait for an announcement, though I think they'll want to make us pay twice.

1 minute ago, rocknrollcrook said:

The first Nassau mix was disappointing. The first Italy mix didn't even remotely approach professional quality. 

Anyone know if you bought the original 31 December show you will now get the new remix free ?, like they did for the Rome 13 show(even the remix was crap) Surely they can't expect you to buy it again ?

• Like 1

Just now, soulcrusader78 said:

yeah they have it in our records there if we bought it or not.

I say wait for an announcement, though I think they'll want to make us pay twice.

They'll probably offer a free MP3 copy to those who bought it previously

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

So if we paid for the original mix shouldn't we get the new one for free?

(A: of course, but stop the laughing please...)

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but, my sentiments...Is the remix not an admission they screwed the first one up? That being the case, all those who paid for it shouldn't have to pay twice, but of course we will. Before I do pay twice, can anyone confirm whether it's a significant upgrade?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MARTIN LEICESTER said:

Anyone know if you bought the original 31 December show you will now get the new remix free ?, like they did for the Rome 13 show(even the remix was crap) Surely they can't expect you to buy it again ?

It’s free to stream.  Just go into ‘My Stash’.  If you want the files, gotta purchase

5ED48C0D-9C0F-4198-914E-E2B9BC2E0854.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim1218 said:

It’s free to stream.  Just go into ‘My Stash’.  If you want the files, gotta purchase

5ED48C0D-9C0F-4198-914E-E2B9BC2E0854.png

While the Plangent Processed and remixed version of 12/31/80 is being sold as a standalone release, anyone who bought the original can access the new upgraded audio for free via the “My Stash” section of the nugs.net app, which provides streaming access to all shows purchased as downloads or CDs (no subscription required). Previous buyers of New Years Eve ’80 can log in with the account credentials they used to buy the show the first time.

From the essay^^

7 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I’m so in love with the artwork 

I've always wished that they were made like the Godfather boots meaning the whole cover, cause yes these are two really nice ones, esp. 12/29's