I love it, me.

Garna quote what I posted on the album's thread the other day because I've made those movements when listening to the song while walking too many times. 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:13 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've been meaning to post this for a while. 

When I hear those horns kick in at 1:58 of "Sleepy Joe's Café" I can't help but think of around 4:41 / 5:30 in this:

EDIT: I've played both side-by-side (with "You Never Can Tell" muted) and I'm starting to think I'm a genius. 

• Like 3

First night I listened to the album I posted how I was grinning so ear to ear my face was gonna split.  I still love, love this song.  

Already mentioned this too, but a Laker said this song sounds like Come Dancing by The Kinks - didn't initially hear that but I do now.  

• Like 2

Oh and anyone hear a bit of Seaside Bar Song as well?  I do, heard that right away but posting about it eluded me.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Already mentioned this too, but a Laker said this song sounds like Come Dancing by The Kinks - didn't initially hear that but I do now.  

Holy moly!

• Like 1

Love, love, LOVE this song! 

• Like 4

I've spent more time imagining this place while listening to the song than I should have. In my mind, it's located out in the desert or up in the mountains in the north or northeastern part of the county. I never see it as being in the city of San Bernardino. It's a huge county, just next door to my county, that spreads north over the mountains and northeast into the desert. The line about truckers and bikers puts it outside the city and if I could figure out which big town he drives down from on the weekend, I'd make a better guess of it.

Also, I'm glad he didn't call it San Berdoo the way he called San Francisco Frisco.

• Like 3

It was me who suggested it sounded a bit like Come Dancing from the Kinks...but only in parts.

Love this song. Despite what some reviewers have said I think it fits perfectly onto the album

• Like 4

It reminds me of Angelyne.

• Like 2

i want to go there and have a cold beer and a plate of chips

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

It was me who suggested it sounded a bit like Come Dancing from the Kinks...but only in parts.

Love this song. Despite what some reviewers have said I think it fits perfectly onto the album

Yes, it was you.  When I first heard it, it drove me insane coz the very beginning sounded like Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac - took me two days to figure that out - but after you said Come Dancing I could hear it plain as day.  I mean, has Ray Davies called Bruce 'bout this matter?

To me, it's the needed reminder that life, sloughing away at your job and all of your responsibilities need a balance with some light hearted moments. Singing, dancing and drinking in a happy atmosphere does just that. He always has these little escape routes even under bleak circumstances: Out in the Street, Dancing in the Dark, Meet me at Mary's Place and so on. When you look closely, you'll find one on any of his albums. Except Nebraska, maybe.

• Like 2

I decided I would call a cafe bistro I would like to open up Sleepy Joe's, perhaps no truckers and bikers as it seems a bit of a bar and set in post war US when drinking and drining was more commonplace. EIther way love the song, different pace and tone compared to the rest of the album.Feels a little like some of the fun songs on the River.

• Bruuuuce! 1

Weakest track on the album. Probably wrote it in his sleep.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Weakest track on the album. Probably wrote it in his sleep.

Yeah it's terrible.

It breaks the mood I'm in from the four preceding tracks when I hear it, it's awful. I have to skip it when I want to listen to the CD.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Agree, and agree.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

It is such a perfect song to come after WS. The first time I played the album, I thought it was an odd placement of a jolly little song, now I think it is just right where it is. He's a clever bloke that Bruce...

I think so too (perfect placement, and Bruce being clever...)! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Yeah it's terrible.

It breaks the mood I'm in from the four preceding tracks when I hear it, it's awful. I have to skip it when I want to listen to the CD.

I absolutely agree. As a stand-alone song, I guess it's OK, but I skip it most of the times. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh and anyone hear a bit of Seaside Bar Song as well?  I do, heard that right away but posting about it eluded me.  

Now that you mention it, yes.  

8 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

He's a clever bloke that Bruce...

I agree. I seriously think there could be a future in the music industry for the young lad. Hopefully he isn't just a one album wonder. -_-

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I agree. I seriously think there could be a future in the music industry for the young lad. Hopefully he isn't just a one album wonder. -_-

tonight i was listening to that latest download tonight in bed - not even 10 years into his recording career and i thought how phnominial the dept of his song writting abilities were (are) 

• Like 1