Greasy Lake Community

Sleepy Joe's Café

59 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I agree. I seriously think there could be a future in the music industry for the young lad. Hopefully he isn't just a one album wonder. -_-

Mr RJM says ‘I think he’s got a future’ alllll the time :lol:.  Great minds... 

• Haha 2

This song hasn't 'clicked' for me yet. I have listened to it about 20 times but it just doesn't do anything for me, except getting on my nerves :wacko: 

I usually skip it as well. It kills the entire mood of the album. 

I'm sorry to end the excitement here :P 

Some people said they found it the best song on the album - well, to me, it's the weakest... Sorry to kill the buzz. 

Different tastes and all that, I suppose. 

23 minutes ago, Wout said:

This song hasn't 'clicked' for me yet. I have listened to it about 20 times but it just doesn't do anything for me, except getting on my nerves :wacko: 

I'm sorry to end the excitement here :P 

Some people said they found it the best song on the album - well, to me, it's the weakest... Sorry to kill the buzz. 

Different tastes and all that, I suppose. 

What makes you think you killed the buzz or ended the excitement?   Actually when I read the negative posts about this album/songs my only thought it I wish all Bruce fans could be feeling what I am, then I go listen to the album again.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westcoastgirl said:

What makes you think you killed the buzz or ended the excitement?   Actually when I read the negative posts about this album/songs my only thought it I wish all Bruce fans could be feeling what I am, then I go listen to the album again.  

Beat me to it, dunno if some read the rabidness on the net or something but saying sorry for not liking a song thereby turning it into buzzkill, which ain't even remotely the case, is really too bad.  That someone thinks they can't express their dislike without providing a further disclaimer.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wout said:

Maybe it gets on your nerves because as you said it ruins the mood of the rest. 

What if you stuck it in a completely different play list, Bruce or not or a mix; and see what your reaction is.  

If you like it in isolation... great!  If you still don’t, then promptly delete and never voluntarily listen to it again :) 

BTW... no worries at all saying this didn’t click for you.  As WestCoastGirl said, I only feel bad a fellow fan isn’t enjoying it; but if you don’t like something, you don’t.  I’ll still be dancing around the house! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wout said:

I usually skip it as well

Like several other Lakers have said, I cannot skip any of the songs on this album, it would be interesting to see which will go first..... the finger is itching a little when Stones comes on mind you....weirdly I put The Wayfarer low on my list of songs on the album but it seems to work a bit of magic somewhere.

• Bruuuuce! 1

Oh man I love this song. As soon as I heard it, I was like ‘yesssss!!! Something to dance to!’

I am absolutely obsessed with the 1:30-2:30 section of this song. It’s like the Asbury Jukes meets a mariachi band. Like the Jersey Shore meets Southern California. 

I just can’t get enough of that little organ and guitar solo, and my god do I want to dance to this song live!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

I have listened to the album in the right order for so long, I am now at the stage where I start to shuffle. I really think the sequence is quite perfect, but if I keep listening to it that way all the time, it becomes so familiar that I blend out parts of the songs, simply because my mind knows what to expect.

So now I wait for the songs to come up unexpected, and who knows what new things I will discover that way.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I just can’t get enough of that little organ and guitar solo, and my god do I want to dance to this song live!

Jeez! There's some weird stuff on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

Here's @Eileen and @janeymarywendy to show you how to do it :P

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

I have listened to the album in the right order for so long, I am now at the stage where I start to shuffle. I really think the sequence is quite perfect, but if I keep listening to it that way all the time, it becomes so familiar that I blend out parts of the songs, simply because my mind knows what to expect.

So now I wait for the songs to come up unexpected, and who knows what new things I will discover that way.

Good plan, coz if I don't do this I might have to retire the album soon for a bit so I don't get sick of it.  

It's so good I don't want that.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

@Born To Walk, those two women have more energy than me (I can't speak for Eileen :lol:).  And you may not believe this, but I was once the same size as Courteney :D  (love that video :wub:). 

Blimey - the one in the waiting room looks like me now … the one with the darker hair looks like me before I let the … erm … dark blonde show through. :D Mind you … I've lost a stone so I'm MUCH trimmer. ;)

• Like 2

I felt like this didn't fit with the album at first, but now I like to imagine all the characters; the hitch hiker, the actor, the stuntman, the 'orse chaser and the guy waiting for his train head to Sleepy Joe's of a weekend for a beer to forget about their troubles.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

20 hours ago, dublinpaul said:

I think it sounds quite like The Mavericks. Really catchy song. 

It includes the words "dance the night away".  Can't be a coincidence!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Here's @Eileen and @janeymarywendy to show you how to do it :P

as someone who has yet to play the cd in the stero with speakers it sounds great! 

i guess its cool its entering 'popular' culture

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Blimey, its catching

i thought id hate it

but its making me smile

ive never listened to it not in the contex of the album

the ESB have to do this ! 

don't need strings to have fun

12 hours ago, timeisillusion said:

I felt like this didn't fit with the album at first, but now I like to imagine all the characters; the hitch hiker, the actor, the stuntman, the 'orse chaser and the guy waiting for his train head to Sleepy Joe's of a weekend for a beer to forget about their troubles.

Yes! That's why I think the song fits the album perfectly. However, it's one of my least favourite songs on the album. It's not a bad song but the sound isn't my cup of tea: it's too Seegerish to me. Could be fun to hear it live, though.